Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Oh my god hired rapists?? I hope you get to the part where he's in jail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

This is more like the old GBS story threads where a poster would tell us about their crazy life. True or not, they were always loving fascinating and awesome to read. This is nothing like a typical E/N advice seeking thread, where if you're lying then what the gently caress is wrong with you asking for advice for a made up problem? So just :stare: with the rest of us at this thread and just enjoy the read.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

How did the people investigating you react to the tape? That sounds priceless.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

God poor Carrie :smith: so her in laws quit pressuring her to reconcile with her mom after that right?

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

natetimm posted:

That hat is just... I don't know. Who the gently caress buys a hat like that to wear with those sandals?

EDIT: Can a stylish goon/goonette help me here? Aren't your loving shoes supposed to match your hat?

No, you're just not supposed to wear fedoras :colbert: edit: or those sandals for that matter

None of the Josh suggestions quite fit for me till this guy. Dude thinks he's one cool cat.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Shut the gently caress up. Maybe we are hideous people who gawk at drama, but I'll take that over being the guy who criticizes an attempted rape victim by telling her that her tale of assault was written 'in the style of an advertisement for diet pills' and thus not palatable to me. You should be ashamed and embarrassed you loving snob.

Wholeheartedly agree with this, this is much more creepy and fuckheaded than being interested in her story.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Aggressive pricing posted:

We should be ashamed that the threads where we beat up on some poor bastard explode to 10 pages over night and the "please help, I'm scared and alone" threads get a trickle at best.

But that's human nature, we can't help but rubberneck a disaster.

I think you're overly cynical, there's not much you can say to "I'm sad" threads other than "therapy, exercise, get out of the house." In threads where the OP is suffering from an abusive home life for example, the support is pretty much always overflowing and it turns to many many pages of advice and even some offers of a couch.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Welcome back :) good on you for telling the dumb goons to simmer down. I've never seen a more impatient and childish bunch over someone telling them a story. Oh wait, maybe Game of Thrones fans? Twilight? Well, it figures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Of all the things to call out as fake, you pick the guy going to an open house? :confused: