Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Enos Shenk
Nov 3, 2011

Definately pick the pack up on Steam since it's on sale. Such a fantastic series of games...

Looking Glass was one of the first game companies to really focus on the importance of sound design in games. Half of the reason some of the more unnerving levels were so scary was the devilishly good sound quality. And the cutscene style is still one of my favorites of any games. The style they pulled off with everything looking like paintings in motion is incredible.

I don't understand people saying Deadly Shadows wasn't as good though. The first missions are pretty dull, I agree with that. But once the plot really ramps up to a good clip I thought it was definately a worthy successor to the series. The Shalebridge Cradle was easily the high point, but I enjoyed the rest of the game just as much.

A fun fact, Steven Russel, Garret's voice actor, did voices for a couple characters in the Thieves Guild in Skyrim as well. He does a fantastic job with the Guild leader, and also a random thief that hangs around the headquarters. The funny part is he just flat out does the Garret voice for the random mook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enos Shenk
Nov 3, 2011

Jesus. I'm getting the same vibes I got reading the Simcity thread prior to release. Besides boneheaded moves like cutting out Stephen Russell, there's not a whole lot of concrete things to point at. But it's sending up enough red flags that I'm putting this one in my "Wait and see" list.

Please don't poo poo this up, Eidos.

• Locked thread