Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

StickySweater posted:

Moody cutscenes greet the player before every mission. For example, here's the cinematic for the first mission: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnITr3sv0Pc

Need more convincing? Just watch this then.

I prefer this version of the first briefing. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
This one is pretty classic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU8gMHDkH48

I just hope that this remake has just as much charm.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

lalaland posted:

You forget that this is another master thief living in the same city as Garrett but definitely isn't him. I expect this turd to get all 9/10 scores on the gaming journalism websites and sell a million copies. The current generation 14 year olds give no fucks about the previous titles.

This is odd because Deus Ex:HR was pretty drat faithful to the source material and made bank. I'm surprised they didn't give it to the same team. I wonder what the suits were thinking with that one.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Rime posted:

That's his current look. That is what they toned it down to, from the old "gothier" stuff.

Not-GothGarrett still looks like a douchebag.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Seventh Arrow posted:

And let's kid ourselves, the whole purpose of that thing is so some higher-up can hang it on his wall and get visitors to ooh and aah it.

What's the projections on how much money that Eidos-Montreal is flushing down the toilet with this potential stinker?

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Corridor posted:

The industry is pretty dreadful overall, which is why it's great that it's getting easier for indie devs to create and release their own poo poo. And why I'm happy that larger dev companies are turning to Kickstarter. Tesla Effect, Project Eternity and the new Shantae look like they're going to be amazing. Such a shame that the Thief licence rests with Eidos.

If you think that's bad, the System Shock IP was sold for pennies to an insurance company when Looking Glass went under. System Shock is dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
It's like they didn't learn a goddamn thing from DX:HR.

This is just trying to recoup sunk costs.

• Locked thread