Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bengy81
May 8, 2010

holocaust bloopers posted:

There's one of those white clamshell macbook 13-inchers floating around somewhere. The loving thing still works great but good god is that display atrocious. Screen tech has come a long way since 2007.

My surfing the internet on the couch computer is a 2008 model. It doesn't play nice with YouTube, and I can play all of 2 games on it, but I can't justify replacing it right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

bengy81 posted:

My surfing the internet on the couch computer is a 2008 model. It doesn't play nice with YouTube, and I can play all of 2 games on it, but I can't justify replacing it right now.

See I have a 2011 macbook air now which serves as my youtube/internet machine/ I'll be selling that off for a retina MBP once school starts up.

I really like macs as laptops but would never get them as a desktop. They're just too much of a locked-in experience.

Secret Spoon
Mar 22, 2009

Throw me down for steam name:
What Would Bryan Boitonno Do?

bengy81
May 8, 2010

See I have a 2011 macbook air now which serves as my youtube/internet machine/ I'll be selling that off for a retina MBP once school starts up.

I really like macs as laptops but would never get them as a desktop. They're just too much of a locked-in experience.

I had/have an imac, I think a 2006, it was a pretty good computer, but yeah, I would never buy one again. When I built my pc I intentionally chose components that would let me dual boot OSX if I wanted. I haven't felt the need yet, but maybe it will keep me from making a $1500 mistake one of these days.
I love the laptops, I just don't think I can justify a laptop considering what I use it for. I mean I could buy an ipad and a copy of Office for my pc and come in half the cost of a new macbook. Plus I could play games on an ipad.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice
My ancient Steam account name is wyldewolf1, though my screen name is usually Erectile Dysfunction.

Multiplayer Games

FPS
Team Fortress 2
Borderlands
Borderlands 2
Payday: The Heist
Left 4 Dead 2
Portal 2
Counter-Strike CS
Bioshock 2
Dark Messiah
Duke Nukem Forever
Half-Life 2
Serious Sam 3

Flight Sim
DCS: A-10
IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946
Dogfighter
Skydrift

RTS
Company of Heroes
Total War (Empire, Medieval, Napoleon, Rome)
Sins of a Solar Empire

Turn-Based
Civilization IV
Flotilla

Other
Saint's Row: The Third
Terrarria
Orcs Must Die 2

I play the bolded games somewhat regularly. Many of the others I have never installed, much less played, but would be willing to try if there's interest.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

:stare:

Hell Diver
Feb 2, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
So you're the reason I'm wyldewolf2

Dick

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

You should see the full list! Steam sales are dangerous; I've managed to avoid this Holiday Sale entirely. What's funny is that in the early days of Steam (before these ridiculous sales) I had tons of time but no :10bux:. Now I have this giant stack of games I got on the cheap and no time to play them. :downsgun:

Hell Diver posted:

So you're the reason I'm wyldewolf2

Dick

I've had it since the original piece-of-crap version of Steam was installed during my days playing Counter-Strike 1.0 in college. I must have registered that name within a few days of Steam going online. :corsair:

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Derek Dominoe posted:

You should see the full list! Steam sales are dangerous; I've managed to avoid this Holiday Sale entirely. What's funny is that in the early days of Steam (before these ridiculous sales) I had tons of time but no :10bux:. Now I have this giant stack of games I got on the cheap and no time to play them. :downsgun:

I've had it since the original piece-of-crap version of Steam was installed during my days playing Counter-Strike 1.0 in college. I must have registered that name within a few days of Steam going online. :corsair:

Woah woah woah

you had time to play video games in college? AND you made it in to med school?

How'd you manage that with all the time you had to spend telling your Organic Chemistry teacher you deserve a 99 and not a 95 on a quiz??

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
why yall bein rude just a dude who posted his games and what hell play? idgi

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

He broke it down nicely for us 's all. Everyone else is like "Yeah steam is ___ I play some games lol w/e."

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
idk man just a dude tryin to game w/ others hi derek i for one liked your sorted list unfortunately i don't play those games much :(

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW
Yeah I dunno what's up with all the rudeness towards derek.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
derek i added you as a friend after u added me and msg'd you a doctor joke

hope you like getting drunken messages at random on weeknights

DrCuntmuffins
Nov 10, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
my steam name is drakan_290 and i play games and stuff sometimes but im in the european ownzone so unless you're here dont except good games

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Love the GiP steam group picture.

Red87
Jun 3, 2008

The UNE will prevail.
My steam name is RM0099, I think. I play mostly shooters or whatever, mostly PS2 lately. I got a lot of games but I just want to chill and shoot mans.

Hobolicious
Oct 7, 2012

The military might of a country represents its national strength. Only when it builds up its military might in every way can it develop into a thriving country.
PSN: angryhobo13
XBL: The Angry Hobo1
Steam: Theangryhobo

Mostly play on PS3, mostly fps, though thinking of getting into PS2.

Hobolicious fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Dec 28, 2012

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

HATE CURES TRANNYS posted:

Love the GiP steam group picture.

i picked it out :twisted:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Joined steam group. I am out of the military, in college, and play games. Lets play games together.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

"Hey, did you see my game against the Detroit Lions?"
I can't stop playing Far Cry 3. It's the best game I've played all year. I actually think I'm enjoying it more than Skyrim.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Bought Dark Souls on the sale. How hosed am I?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
This is how you should play dark souls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdOYJAXo_2U

The entire game is designed to be brutal and make you lose poo poo if you don't get the fights down. Also players can invade you and make it harder.

The shield in that video is a horrible weapon but he has magic damage per hit way up. So each time it hits it does tons of magic damage.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

gently caress, it was a nightmare just to get the program working. I think this should be the "So you want to Play Dark Souls?" video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnUGxY_b00Y

NAPALM STICKS TO
Jun 22, 2005

Jaysus posted:

I can't stop playing Far Cry 3. It's the best game I've played all year. I actually think I'm enjoying it more than Skyrim.

yeah, Far Cry 3 is awesome. I've been playing for days, and only just now got all the radio towers on the north island unlocked, and half the outposts taken. I've just been exploring and found all sorts of cool poo poo. Also driving jet skis off waterfalls.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Civ 5 is stealing all of my free time. Atilla the Hun is a real loving bitch. I can't go 10 turns without that prick back stabbing me.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Civ 5 is stealing all of my free time. Atilla the Hun is a real loving bitch. I can't go 10 turns without that prick back stabbing me.

I can't go a game without nuking the French. One mistake by Napoleon back in Civ 4 and those baguette eating bastards have been stuck with flipper-babies ever since. Oh and playing Archipelago maps as the English is kinda like cheating, partially because the AI is still retarded about ocean combat.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

WOMEN DESERVE RAPE posted:

I can't go a game without nuking the French. One mistake by Napoleon back in Civ 4 and those baguette eating bastards have been stuck with flipper-babies ever since. Oh and playing Archipelago maps as the English is kinda like cheating, partially because the AI is still retarded about ocean combat.

Haven't done any naval intensive maps yet. I'll have to do that next just to get better at naval poo poo. Made my Persians a bunch of jews. Hope they appreciate the irony.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Haven't done any naval intensive maps yet. I'll have to do that next just to get better at naval poo poo. Made my Persians a bunch of jews. Hope they appreciate the irony.

It's awesome to zerg the research early on and just maintain a screening force around Der Vaterland until you can bust out some of the naval goodies and wreck poo poo. It's the kind of game that you only leave war victories on, make a war religion, and have your people end up as basically the bastard children of the Mongols, Vikings, and WWII Japanese.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

WOMEN DESERVE RAPE posted:

It's awesome to zerg the research early on and just maintain a screening force around Der Vaterland until you can bust out some of the naval goodies and wreck poo poo. It's the kind of game that you only leave war victories on, make a war religion, and have your people end up as basically the bastard children of the Mongols, Vikings, and WWII Japanese.

In peace time, I'll keep a massive gold farm economy so that when war rolls around I can plus up units if they fall or buy some to alleviate units. Like the Hunn caught me off guard when I had no ranged units so I had to buy a few crossbow men which kept me good until I could upgrade catapults to trebuchets then cannons.

DrCuntmuffins
Nov 10, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
You mentioned zerg, actually something I wanted to ask in the last GiP thread, anyone into SC2 in GiP?

My NA username is Drakan.139 if anyone wants to add me. Planning on getting back into WOL hugely in about two weeks and HOTS when it comes out in May. I was in Diamond league a couple of seasons ago on the EU BNET where I did all my practice and league matches, but I play NA for fun with friends and stuff, lots of team games and customs.

:)

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

"Hey, did you see my game against the Detroit Lions?"

DRONES CURE HAJI posted:

yeah, Far Cry 3 is awesome. I've been playing for days, and only just now got all the radio towers on the north island unlocked, and half the outposts taken. I've just been exploring and found all sorts of cool poo poo. Also driving jet skis off waterfalls.

I love the poo poo out of jet skis, dune buggies and quads

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.
XBL and steam name are same as my username. My xbox is almost exclusively for nazi zombies in CoD4/Blops1 and lately all I've been playing on steam is Chivalry.

I also spend far too much time playing supremacy 1914 which is kinda like a java based risk but there are several different maps to choose from and you can build battleships and tanks and poo poo. It's free and you can log in for a few minutes a day or spend hours micromanaging your provinces. Winning a round in under a month on 10 player maps and under six weeks on 30 player maps is considered quick so it's definitely not for those that demand fast paced action at all times. The other players are generally terrible so if you check it out please let me know so I can play with some regular dudes. in game name is abtar.
http://www.supremacy1914.com/index.php?id=78

RichieHimself fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Dec 30, 2012

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Wargame: European Escalation is 10 bucks right now. Pretty sure I'm jumping on this.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I just realized I have an extra copy of Civ V that someone can have if they want it. Leave yo steam name.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
poo poo, i'll be that guy: steam is overdesigned

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.
SteamID: mrem96

I play a little bit of TF2, and I would love to have a group of people to either SERIOUS BUSINESS or troll with.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

overdesigned posted:

poo poo, i'll be that guy: steam is overdesigned

Apparently I have to send it via my friends list so send me a request or something.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

Vasudus posted:

Apparently I have to send it via my friends list so send me a request or something.

You are the man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
Civ 5 is okay but I think its kind of oversimplified from Civ 4:BTS. Civ 4:BTS was just a little bit too complex. I've never really figured out how to use corporations and espionage efficiently.

Do GIP bros want to play Wargame: European Escalation?

Also add me to the OP
Steam: premium_wintergreen
XBL: Akashat

• Locked thread