Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SUPERFINE CONCUBINE
Jun 28, 2008

☆ catgroove ☆
The only thing the Oldboy remake made me think is that I need to show the original to my my partner. She got to me watch The Count of Monte Cristo and described the story as "the best revenge tale", so I'm sure Oldboy will tickle her vengeful cockles.

Does anyone have any Joseon/period movies they could recommend for me? I own and love The King and the Clown, and finally got to catch Masquerade yesterday. I love looking at the costumes and architecture almost more than anything :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUPERFINE CONCUBINE
Jun 28, 2008

☆ catgroove ☆

Some Guy TT posted:

The Grand Heist will give you action and The Concubine will give you sex. I can't recommend either because I haven't seen them but those are the main recent names I'm familiar with. There's also Prince Yeonsan, which at fifty years is probably the oldest Joseon period film you could possibly watch. It's available at the Korean Film Archive's channel on Youtube.

Thank you! I'll give them all a try when I'm next feeling fancy.

• Locked thread