Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Irsh posted:

This looks to be something that I would definitely enjoy playing casually, but I can't seem to find system requirements anywhere. I'm guessing it's PC only, but if a Mac version exists, I'm in!

This is the best I could find:

-Core 2 Duo 2 GHz
-1 GB RAM (2 GB RAM - Vista/7)
-graphic card 256 MB (GeForce 8600 GT or better)
-4 GB HDD, Windows XP/Vista/7

Doesn't look like there's a mac version.

The only thing I'm hating so far is having enemies spawning so quickly that I can't keep up with them. That aside, I'm digging the sense of dread you get while you're in dungeons.

The translation may or may not be helping with that, still not sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Really early on, the game makes sure to inform you that co-operative play is a risk-and-reward venture. If you die, your "friends" can loot your body of valuables (some stuff is not able to be taken), and if more than one of you dies, the game encourages you to throw your teammates in front of the walkers (who make it harder to come back if you get caught by them) so that you can make your way to a revival statue.

If anything, it's good to work in groups to make your death less likely to be permanent. If you work with someone you trust, and one of you bites it, the other one can pick you up and take you to a temple where your chances of not getting turned to dust are higher. They can also guard you from the aforementioned looting.

Teamwork in this game is all about trust. There's nothing stopping you from flagging yourself for PVP and going to town on your teammates so you can loot their corpses and make their lives hell (provided they even come back), but if you work together with others, it's a good way to give yourself some longevity. Some dungeons can be downright brutal, and considering you can lose almost everything if things go pear-shaped, it never hurts to get some help.

I've been playing as a fighter named Beef Meatslab and I'm absolutely digging this game. The translation could use some work, and the spawn rates are a little quick, but I could see myself sinking some time into it throughout open beta and past release.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

There is a controller configuration menu in-game, but it's a bit wonky. Playing with a keyboard and mouse works fine, though, so if you find that playing with a controller is unwieldy, then you won't be harmed by going back to KB+M, at least.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

The game is live now! Go get the client and come die repeatedly group up with us.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

You're about to get access to the Caligrase Sewers, which is a pretty huge dungeon that has a few quests in it.

If you see Steak Meatslab on Meryweather, that's me.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

There's only Meryweather and the EU server whose name I forget. I'd imagine you'll want to roll on Meryweather.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

You've got to get to a higher soul rank to start a guild, but when someone gets there, we can start one up.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

You can, it just puts you in a separate instance while you do the first dungeon.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

:siren: If you're going to be online at any point tonight, jump on channel 8 on Merryweather. :siren: I'm going to be trying to get to Soul Rank 3 so I can start a goon union.

a goonion

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Servers are being restarted in a few minutes. Hopefully it'll do something about the inordinately long load times.

In other news, it is going to take longer than I had thought to get to SR3 unless this next guild quest gives a shitload of points. If anyone is going through Deltis Keep when the servers come back up, let me know.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

However, once you hit Soul Rank 2, all bets are off :unsmigghh:

It's much easier to get in a group with a couple of people who you trust and cover your proverbial bases when out in dungeons. There were a bunch of people in channel 8 of the Caligrase Sewers earlier, and at least a few of them had apparently stolen something. If you're in pretty much any dungeon after Caligrase, it pays to have someone backing you up to make sure you don't get looted if you die.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

I haven't found any server status page, so I'd wager there isn't one. There have been people reporting getting stuck on the connecting screen, and apparently they're looking into it.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

In Ilfalo, switch over to channel 8. From there, you can join up with some goons and work out which channel you want to use in dungeons.

As soon as I hit SR3, I'm going to set up a union, which should make things easier to organize.

I think I'll set up a spreadsheet on google for goons to put their character names on so we can know who's who.

e: Put your information on here so we all know who to group with

Doctor Hospital fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jan 31, 2013

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

:shepface: Oh no, I am turning red because I am a criminal? :shepface:

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

You get one last chance to revive while ash, and if you fail that, that character is gone for good. If your friend picks you up, I believe it follows them to wherever they take you. If they're taking you somewhere unsafe (like an rear end in a top hat), you've got an oh-poo poo button that lets you jump back into soul form.

If you're ash, your soul can still move around like normal. Turning to ash is just going along with Wizardry tradition (dead -> ash -> lost).

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Merryweather appears to be up, the EU server still appears to be down.

Nevermind, poo poo's still busted.

e: Holy poo poo the official forums thread for this maintenance is hilarious. Some people in there are treating the downtime like SOE shot their dog or something.

Doctor Hospital fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jan 31, 2013

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Someone from SOE just mentioned that ideally, the servers would be back up in an hour or two, but it could mean that some problems might persist until they can roll out a more comprehensive fix.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

A put a lot of time into the game yesterday, and the worst problem I had was long load times heading from town into dungeons and vice-versa. Thankfully, the game alt-tabs pretty gracefully while loading.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

According to the twitters, Merryweather is back.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Alkanos posted:

Same here, yesterday was perfect if you could excuse the long connect and load times. Today, however, has been pretty terrible. Longish load times, and rubberbanding all over the place. It got to the point where I could run halfway across the main city and find myself back where I started, so I gave up for the night.

I'm pretty sure the game runs by default in a borderless window, which is why it's so alt-tab friendly. This is a godsend while waiting at the connect screen. It actually feels weird in a way, since Wizardry looks so much like FFXI (a game that viewed alt-tabbing as next door to cheating).

I managed to get on for a brief moment earlier today, and like you said, the rubberbanding was horrible. Hopefully that won't be an issue once I get back on.

And yeah, borderless window is pretty much the best. It makes it easy to sit through loading screens and that drat "connect" screen.

Back on the game itself. Is anyone else on Deltis Keep? I'm able to stay in there for a good while, but the absurd drop rates in there make it hard to continue for too long without my bags filling up. I really wish that stuff you equipped didn't stay in your bag, since you're not "carrying" the stuff, you're wearing it.

In any case, if anyone is wandering around Deltis Keep on Merryweather and they want help, I'm up for some explorin'.

e: there still appears to be a little bit of rubberbanding, but it's nowhere near as bad as it was.

e2: disconnected :argh:

Doctor Hospital fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Feb 1, 2013

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Zaodai posted:

I downloaded this last night at work after only just finding out about it due to a Twitch TV stream of it. I loved me some Wizardry as a kid, so I grabbed it immediately.

I tried to connect to it when I got home from work, and again before I left for work tonight. In a total of like an hour and 20 minutes worth of attempts, I got to the server selection screen twice, at which point it immediately disconnected me when I tried to connect. All the other attempts sat on the connect screen for like 10 minutes until it returned an error that the authorization server was full. :saddowns:

Is there a fix for this, or are the servers literally that swamped (and/or crappy) that I just have to keep brute forcing the login for hours to try and get in?

The servers are swamped and there are apparently some internal issues that need ironing out. If we could stay connected and not have some hideous rubberbanding, I'd be totally okay with having to wait a little while at the connection screen, but unfortunately, that doesn't look like it's going to happen.

I'd give it a little while. If the servers aren't pulled back down, people should eventually get tired of hammering the poo poo out of the servers and go to bed or something, which should open them up to the rest of us.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Dawnfire posted:

Don't forget to tell them about the three thousand coin inn stay you bought afterwards, Mr. moneybags.

Anyone know how to respec in the game? I don't need one yet, but I'm curious so I know how much leeway I have to experiment with the mage skill tree. I'm a bit afraid to spend any points right now as I'm not sure what will be best.

I am pretty certain you can't respec. Just try and go for skills that are for your alignment, and maybe try and stick to one tree unless there's something you REALLY want on the other side of the tree (I'm looking at you, equipment weight boost :argh:)

e: Well gently caress. I'm getting "Authentication servers full" when I try connecting. I just want to play the game :(

Also, the game has been delisted from Steam because people are totally upset about MMO launch pains.

Doctor Hospital fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Feb 1, 2013

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

It should recover the next time you die.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

I should have it formed in the next few hours or so. I was about to finish up the Golden Dragon Ruins when the server went down, but when it comes back up, I should be able to get up to SR3 and form it.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

A guy from SOE just noted that they ran into a hardware issue and that the servers will be down for a little while longer.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Yes! I just made it, so hop on channel 8 and meet me in the middle of town to join.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Richard M Nixon posted:

The rage begins...

What even prompted that?

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

I'll get you as soon as the game decides to bless me with the ability to get past this loading screen.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Richard M Nixon posted:

We need 1,000,000 soul material to reach union level 2. Right now nobody has turned in any proofs of bond, which is disappointing. Each player can buy a PoB for 1000 of each of the 3 common soul materials (or 3500 of one specific material).

Luckily, you just collect them by being logged in once you hit SL3, and by just AFKing in town I seem to get 1 of each of the basic soul points every 7-10 minutes. That's not horrible, but it is pretty loving slow.

If everyone alt-tabs instead of quitting the game and just hangs out in Hero Square or the Slums, we can greatly speed up SM acquisition and hopefully rank up the union before everyone gets bored.

Ninja: I've been camping the AH this morning enjoying picking up items super cheap because pubbies don't know what they are worth.

I'm pretty sure you still get them at the same rate even if you're logged out.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

I've been playing a bunch of Fire Emblem: Awakening. Sorry for being away for so long. :shobon:

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

:toot:

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Small stat buffs, increased union member cap, access to union storage and rooms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Self Heal is THE skill you must have if you play a fighter. Going without it is practically suicide in later areas.

Like the Temple of Oblivion :supaburn:

• Locked thread