Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Voodoo posted:

Rayman Jungle Run (US) Codes:

Grabbed top left, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Blockheads is kindof incredible. I just found this undersea mountain completely loaded with oil, I spent the last few hours terraforming the entire area and using stone structures to drain the water out or into chambers to turn it into a makeshift oil derek / private island paradise complex. I love this game so much.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Apocron posted:

I just got an iPad mini and was wondering if someone could fill me in on all the iPad only games I've been missing out on all this time?

Dunno by iPad only if you mean this is your first apple thing or just the iPad, so I'll just say these so you cant go wrong either way. Search Nimblebit. Download those, all of them. After several months once you come off your Nimblebit high (unless Pocket Trains is a thing, in which case there's like a force multiplier there when it comes out) Rayman Run, Spacechem and Jetpack Joyride if you haven't played the later 2 anywhere else.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Teddybear posted:

Pocket Trains? Come on, it's gonna be Teensy Trains.

Lil' Locomotives.

Cute Cabooses.

I was just going off of the name they had for it before the original iteration got reworked and became Pocket Planes.

But, if that's how we're gonna be, Tiny Tooters is where its at :colbert:

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Unlocking paid dlc is an.. interesting tactic :psyduck:

So far as I can tell its a pretty smart one. It gives the initial impression that the game isn't trying to milk you, and by the time it comes up as an option you either like the game and want to play it more, raising the chances you will buy multiple IAP over time or will have already dropped it. Most people will buy a few rounds of whatever and drop before they hit the IAP point anyway, so by putting a threshold in you are creating a point of customer loyalty before you ask them for money and a loyal customer spends more.

Its good business sense and I'm surprised it hasn't really been tried anywhere else in the store.

• Locked thread