Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Is the soccer Kairosoft game any good? I really enjoyed Hot Springs Story and Game Dev Story, but I haven't seen the goon consensus on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

Booshi. This character is only level 2 though, I'm getting boned and can't get through any level 1 dungeons.

I just added you, so you'll have a level 6 Monk with you if you want to keep playing.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

Wow gently caress this game. Went in a level 1 dungeon with another level 5 and 6 in my party. Steamrolled through 9 levels then the 10th level boss one shot everyone. The first 9 levels monsters hit for about 20-50 a hit, then he hit all characters for 450-500, and instantly gave me popups for IAP to revive my characters (who would just get one shotted again). In a level 1 dungeon. With 2 overleveled characters. Also, for doing an entire dungeon you get maybe 400 gold, yet a single potion costs 1,000 gold. gently caress. This. Game. IAP-sink grindfest.

I'm going to assume you're not going to keep playing so I'm going to grab one of the other goons from the list since I only have the one free slot (MY FIANCEE is the first group slot.) If you are going to keep on playing let me know and I'll go back to you, since you had dibs.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

FAT BATMAN posted:

Wow, Uplink is one of my favorite games. Someone pick this up and let us know how it is.

It's pretty great, no lie.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

FAT BATMAN posted:

How does it handle when you have to type in names or fake crimes or passwords? Does the standard iOS keyboard pop up, or is there something in-game? One of the best things about the game is how immersive it is, so it'd be cool if there was a uplink-style keyboard.

It works just fine with my ipad's bluetooth keyboard, but if you don't have one I could see that being annoying as heck.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Ursine Asylum posted:

Here's hoping the update doesn't include a bunch of IAP to unlock jobs as well :ohdear:

I'd pay a couple bucks to get access to even more jobs. I'm a total addict for job-based RPGs though.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

retro sexual posted:

Anyone want to swap invite codes for Defender of Texel? Just started playing. My invite code is SrbX. Post yours here and i'll use it if you use mine. Thanks!

Use mine! Skxt.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
What is the point of Banunus?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Infinity Blade 1 is free today, for those of you like myself who hadn't bought it or played it.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Dickweasel Alpha posted:

Yeah because all those guys act like people looking for feedback, not adbots

Eehhhh sometimes the line is blurred. But they don't always just spam an ad the way the other guy did.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Here's an old guide to FFT Calculators that's still relevant, it explains the basic class mechanics and a few other things.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/197339-final-fantasy-tactics/faqs/3877

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Necroneocon posted:

Cthulu is as lame and overplayed as zombies.

Award for the most ironic post/name combo, as well as most incorrect opinion of the year all with only eight words. Impressive.

:golfclap:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

The Biggest Jerk posted:

Anyone got a recommendation for a long airplane flight? Preferably an adventure game, something with a story, or rpg? I've already played through FF2/3/T on the PS so as good as it is I don't have any motivation for it. Is GTA VC enjoyable (controls don't suck) on the iphone 5?

Also is there an ios game recommendation thread out there?

edit: my bad Waldorf, forgot to mention I've played all the AA and Ghost trick

Nobody else has mentioned it but King of Dragon Pass is my go to flight game always.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Kenny Logins posted:

I was just wondering the other day why no one has ever made anything like E.V.O.

Because the world is a bleak and terrible place. E.V.O. is one of my favorite games from childhood.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Juc66 posted:

I'll be making one eventually if that helps any.
it'll probably be months before I get to start on it, but it's definitely on my to-do list.

I believe I speak for many people when I say...

gently caress you, start now.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Shalinor posted:

If anyone wants to do up a horrifying Alpaca avatar, I will make this happen. This game is special.

... unless Det_no really doesn't want a horrifying Alpaca avatar. But I think he does, in his heart of hearts.

https://lh3.ggpht.com/hPLuxJixCH01DkmOFmN3-Dv69ef95K9BvJa9_K4hfVgIu9O1YIfQs3fPqslW4tCPHGVQ=w124

I found that, which isn't quite horrifying. But which is kind of hilarious looking, since they look so startled.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
The Omnipaca shall rule all in time.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
I might be getting a new phone case soon, I see.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
It will pass like all other minor ddiversions. Nobody is making a thread for a tamagotchi.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
TWEWY is a good game. It's worth getting if you have a tolerance for some anime-ish art and decent multitasking skills.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
I tend to identify people by their avatars so that was a confusing conversation for a moment.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

eeenmachine posted:

I've been told by a PopCap employee all the keys and stars needed to unlock content are earn-able through play. So it should only be frustrating if you don't want to put in the time and you also don't want to pay. Having a ceiling of $34 on purchasable content (at least at launch) in a f2p game is about the least evil you will find these days.

So you ignored the part where you have to grind each level several times over and over again repetitively to unlock the doors? Or.. what?

Not: Play the game, enjoy it, have fun. But, repeat the same content several times just to be able to slowly advance through a grindfest.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
I like how at the bottom in the first comment he's all. 'Yeah well I'd never do this I only make skill games.' :smug:

Just about everyone involved in IAP is a piece of poo poo, exploiting psychology and underaged buyers for a quick buck. It becomes more apparent the more I read about IAP processes and how successful IAP games work.

edit: Maybe we should make a new thread or something. Except I don't think it would actually be much more than a circlejerk, since I doubt the developer types would come. And it is more or less relevant to iOS games as a whole.

Yngwie Mangosteen fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Jul 12, 2013

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Some PSX emulators require you to have a bios file.. which you can only legally own if you own a Playstation.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
No, there are places to download the bios. It's the honor system as to whether you legally own a PSX or no. The only one I've ever seen work that way has been the Playstation emulator, the zsnes and NESticle, etc. all just worked without having to download an extra deal.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
X7A7JKLFAW33 is gone now, I took it.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

io_burn posted:

I'm about to do a pretty public hiring push again, if anyone wants an early crack at sending us emails- http://toucharcade.com/join-us/

I'm specifically looking for dudes that are around during the day to write news-y kind of stuff and folks interested in writing guides about free to play games like these- http://toucharcade.com/category/guides/

edit: I should mention the experience requirement is pretty negotiable as long as you're not a total idiot and are actually dedicated to sticking around. Before I started requiring people have some kind of professional experience we were getting tons of "YEAH THIS SOUNDS AWESOME!!!" followed by "Wait, this is... work" insta-flakes which is a huge pain in the rear end.

I'm interested and around during the day but you didn't reply to my last application. Should I resend it and try my luck again?

Sent it in again anyway. I'm very interested in this.

Yngwie Mangosteen fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Aug 12, 2013

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
I added everyone from lags down.

My friend code is 9221032990. ADD ME NERDS.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
There are a few ways it could've been done. Instead they took the lazy way AND had their app downloads jump up without losing their place in the top paid apps running. And made a few thousand dollars.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Duranki posted:

Did Clash of Clans have its own thread? If so, methinks Boom Beach needs one.

Flavor of the month games take over the thread for a few pages. Just learn to read past it.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

TACD posted:

How the heck do I use beam weapons in FTL? It says to tap and drag to draw a target path, and I do that... and nothing happens :confused: I know I have the weapons selected, it says 'auto paused for targeting' while I draw the line.

I feel like I'm missing something obvious here.

They don't go through shields normally, so it may just be bouncing off.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

BigRed0427 posted:

What game is this?

Goon-made game Electrium.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Daedalus Esquire posted:

Ascendency was free the other day and might still be. It seems decent so far.

Ascendency is cool, but it's a DOS game from like 1994 and it really shows. Unless there's been some major updates that I'm not aware of.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Is that good? I've been looking for a new tactical game and I can halfass the dating whatever bullshit.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Oh. That's disappointing. :smith: thanks for the info at least!

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

But yeah, don't but the game, even if it's $1 during a Steam sale. It's bad and you should just pray that Tactics Ogre makes its way to iOS.

Don't worry I have been.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Rocksmith is the 'learn to play the guitar' game, not the rhythm game.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
What was the verdict of the DQ8 port? I can't find it anymore.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
That is easily one of the best games on iOS. Everyone buy it now if you don't own it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Pillow Armadillo posted:

Ingress is now in the app store.
Come play CTF for Enlightened. :v:

Just joined as The Enlightened. Names ModestlyAwesome if that matters for goon stuff.

• Locked thread