Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.
For anyone so interested, Lunar (as in, the RPG) 1.2 is out, with English subtitles plus a few UI touchups and bugfixes here and there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

Pladdicus posted:

I forgot to post this, uh, one the part where they leave town for their REAL ADVENTURE towards the beginning the game keeps freezing, did anyone else experience this? Or just me
We've gotten a few bug reports since the app was released, but that was not one of them. If you're still having it in the latest version, feel free to PM me -- or alternatively email info(at)somoga.com if you don't have or want to PM -- and we'll try and see if we can figure out what's going on.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

Pladdicus posted:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Haha. No. I don't think so, MQ is unlikely to see any love anytime soon sadly.

That said I love the poo poo out of the game, mostly the music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6yEhFPaBMo
There are a lot of awesome remixes. There's even an album of someone's Mystic Quest performances on YouTube.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

eeenmachine posted:

I only posted twice or so about my dislike for alternate control options, other goons ran away with the message.
I put four different control schemas (five if you count iCade Bitty and hardware keyboard separately) in Lunar and some people were still unhappy.

Really, you just can't always please everybody.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Lunar is on iOS although I haven't personally tried it.

There's also stuff from Kemco that might be futuristic but their games all look overpriced and terrible as hell so unless someone here can convince you otherwise avoid their games.
With the exception of some stuff later on, the Lunar games are not really futuristic.... for the most part. (The series was written by a fantasy writer, but there are some scifi elements.)

The games are actually set on a terraformed moon, orbiting a planet rendered uninhabitable in a horrific global war.

delfin posted:

Game designers: What impetus or reason is there for someone to REMOVE their game from the App Store?

There are hordes of games that get approved, then sit out there for years without meaningful updates. Some of them are buggy cash grabs (which is why I still haven't bought Orions, the reviews show that bugs from the Windows Mobile 3 version are still in it), but some are perfectly good games, so I go digging for older sleepers now and then. A couple of games that I looked for recently (Glyph, an old WM title I liked years ago, and Plank, a match-3 with tilt game from Strange Flavour *) were once out for iOS -- I can Google their reviews -- but have vanished without a trace.

Is there any month-to-month cost involved in keeping games 'live'? I can certainly imagine sales dwindle to near-nothing on a lot of titles, but aren't occasional sales on a finished product better than no sales?
With a lot of licensed properties, there are on-going costs (direct or indirect), and after a while the costs in keeping the license alive are just not justified by the revenue.

triplexpac posted:

Yeah as sad is it is to say, I don't buy anything on iOS for $5+ unless it's getting rave reviews on here for a long time. There's just so much out there, I can probably have more fun playing 5 99 cent games than I can that one $5 game, not to mention all the free games.

oblomov posted:

Weird, figured RPG space would be full but other then Square nobody can sell a decent RPG for the price it's worth I guess.
It gets more and more difficult to sell a premium priced game on the App Store, even if the price justifies it.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

Palpek posted:

What are some good ports of big games for iphone?

I enjoyed Walking Dead, GTA 3/VC, Final Fantasy, Ghost Trick/Phoenix Wright, Bastion and some pinball games. Are there some other decent recommendations?
There is Lunar, which was worked on by several goons, myself included.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

Bummey posted:

Speaking of a Small White Dragon, Little White Bear's fabulous TriZen is :siren:free:siren: again. Tangrams are neat. Download it. And the rest of their catalog. They make good, simple puzzle games.

http://appshopper.com/games/trizen
Always happy to be of service. (This actually looks fun.)

Someone did ask about this earlier or in a previous thread, and there is another big update to Lunar Touch coming. Specifically, we have improved graphics on retina devices and full-screen iPhone 5 support (sans FMVs). It took us a while to get creative approvals on that.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.
The Sonic 1 update dropped tonight.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Is this the update that's like a total remake? Are they going to do the same thing for Sonic 2 because I actually have that one.
Yes. It's 16:9, has spin dash, and features Tails and Knuckles as unlockables.

EDIT: I believe they said they're doing Sonic 2 as well, but I haven't heard when.

Small White Dragon fucked around with this message at 12:58 on May 16, 2013

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

xzzy posted:

What about the game itself? What did new stuff did they do to warrant calling it a sequel?

I guess I could just download the drat thing but :effort:
Same basic game, new exotic locales, new plants, new zombies.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.
Can you get to the future yet? [In PvZ 2]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

Debonhare posted:

I'm assuming there will be mini games and stuff at some point? Otherwise I'm saving up these coins for nothing. One of my favorite things in the first one where you controlled the zombies and had to plan for how you'd get through the preset plants.
They are adding the future level at some point.

Also, a real ending might be nice. :p

• Locked thread