Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Valiant Pudding
Dec 31, 2007
With raisins!
So with all the Kingdom Rush: Frontiers talk a few pages back, I bought and tried the original Kingdom Rush. I've managed to complete the campaign fairly easily on normal, 3-starring everything except for the last mission (I'm at 40/95 stars). However, I have a really hard time completing the heroic and iron challenges. I've completed the first two levels, but after that I just keep on losing, even after switching to easy and trying tons of different strategies. Is there only one doable strategy per challenge that you just have to find, or are you forced to buy items to complete challenges?

Right now it seems as if I'm stuck between completing the campaign and the other extra levels since you need about 50 stars for that...

Also, do the different difficulty levels bring different rewards?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valiant Pudding
Dec 31, 2007
With raisins!

The Rooster posted:

I only used items for 3 challenges (on normal), and thats only a gold boost. Of course it took alot of trial and error.

Yeah, just after posting that, I started playing again and finished a bunch of challenges without items. It was on easy however, but already I've noticed how I've been using towers wrongly.

Are barracks worth the cost by the way? I've been using them less and less and thinking that upgraded damage output is more important than their blocking power?

• Locked thread