Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho

Mr EFord posted:

Read the OP. :colbert:

As for why the out of date large list of old games is still in the OP - I tried to take it out at the beginning of the last thread and some folks really thought it should stay there even if some of the games really don't make the cut anymore.

So consider it there as a historical look at what we used to think was good.
No really. They're terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho

drunken officeparty posted:

Paid a dollar for Scribblenauts Remix today. I've never played any Scribblenauts before but it's always looked pretty fun. Nope. Took me an hour to completely beat it even with the poor controls. Very short, and half the levels outright tell you what to do. The other half can be done with just a jetpack and a gun. There's no challenge at all. I could see if it was more open ended and let you be creative, but again half of them literally tell you exactly what to do and the other half are so simple that it won't matter. It also didn't tell me about the rope mechanics until, not joking, the second to last level. I never needed it and it didn't occur to me to try "rope", but it had its own popup box and mechanics and everything so I don't see why they would do it like that.

On the plus side, it did accept almost everything I could think of in one way or another. And it was only a dollar. I'd be mad if I had paid more.
Spawn an "evil twin". Sit there for hours laughing in amazement at everything he creates.

That's how you're supposed to play Scribblenauts.

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho

Zwilnik posted:

So, assuming I can fix the last few bugs, I should be submitting the all new SlotZ Racer 2 HD (Universal, free) on Friday, which will be Strange Flavour's first post Freeverse game (although we're still going to be updating Flick Fishing when we can). Only about a year later than planned :)

One button pressing simulator wasn't enough for you...?

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho
I've been enjoying the heck out of YDKJ, but that's probably a bit different than your average trivia game. Also no idea if it's got an Android app, although I don't know why it wouldn't.

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho

Obfuscation posted:

"Game"? "Over"? Those are some exciting new concepts you have there.
:supaburn::hellyeah:

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho
Bought Time Surfer because Bean's Quest is probably one of my favorite mobile games of all time, but man I'm just not feeling it at the moment. Their graphic skills don't really lend themselves well to the game and it just feels like a jumbled mess with way too much going on. The whole "endless runner" concept is extremely tired and even with an interesting rewind mechanic (that I rarely remember to actually use), it just feels like a poorly polished attempt at cashing in on the genre, 3 missions and all.

EDIT: Also Jesus Christ make a loving Blockheads thread you idiots. This is ridiculous.

Wario In Real Life fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jan 11, 2013

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho

Mescal posted:

So did anybody make a Blockheads thread?
Yep.

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho

Kepa posted:

If you can get far enough on the freeway level, it's possible to get absurd amounts of coins using the race car. Once I figured out I could get millions of coins quick, all that was left was trying to get further in the stages. Couldn't really progress much, and retrying tracks from the start and trying not to die from something stupid on the way got real tedious. Extreme Road Trip 2 is still my favorite "rotate your side-view car" game.
My buddy sent me a challenge for 108k and I played for like 30 minutes and got to 104k and crashed.

I haven't played since.

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho
I'm likely 3 weeks behind here but it is pretty hilarious to see Zynga get Zynga'd with the recent success of Ruzzle. Copy a popular game verbatim, without even a shred of discretion about the fact that you're blatantly copying it, and become more successful than the original game.

Kind of fitting really.

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho

robodex posted:

well, i for one am very happy they QA'd temple run 2 as well as they did

my latest mission is "collect 100,000 coins." I think I'm gonna wait for a few updates before I play this game again
I'm really surprised that the sequel to a game that made so much money could have such terrible UI.

I never actually played the original but decided to try out the sequel and ugh what the heck? Makes you really appreciate the devs that know what they're doing with ui/design/menus/interface. Polish is probably the most important iOS gaming factor for me nowadays (since all the games are basically the same anyway).

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

I am having this exact same problem except it took me tens of games to realise my lifetime coins wasn't going up. Been waiting for a patch for about a week. And I bought the (ludicrously expensive!) coin doubler.
Just an update on this, even though the number displayed doesn't reflect correctly, for the 100k coins mission the meter still goes up as you collect coins, it just takes forever.

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho

xzzy posted:

From TA:

:ughh:

Because Halo totally isn't a time-sink either!
One involves active gameplay and one doesn't... I think "time-sink" is meant that time passing is a vital part of the game design.

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho

nomapple posted:

The guild stuff sounds pretty cool, but going on those details alone, they haven't made me overly excited about this to be honest. I don't know what exactly it is that makes me not excited, because it's made by NimbleBit, who rule, and I'm still playing Pocket Planes regularly. It sounds like it will bare little or no resemblance to those games though. I think the whole "swipe to steer your literally unstoppable team" thing makes it sound like an endless runner, even if it doesn't look like one, and even makes it sound simplistic, but not in a good way. I wonder whether once you make it to the depths you go back to the beginning, or whether there's a new game+ sort of thing going on. I dunno. I'd say I'm intrigued, but not excited right now, either way, I hope they pull it off.
Reminds me of Snake for some reason.

It's like cell phone games have finally come full circle.

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho

marshmonkey posted:

It's an arcade game, not a timer button pushy thing.
loving FINALLY!!!

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho
Did you ever release a "Poops" skin pack for Scoops? This is important.

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho

psylent posted:

I liked SkyBurger, Textropolis and Dizzypad, but Frog Fuckers, Tiny Tower and Pocket Planes weren't my thing but I wasn't personally offended by them.
Didn't they make some Textropolis sequel about fish? Dark loving times man...

Also I literally paid a dollar for KRYZER. NimbleBit can never redeem themselves in my eyes.

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho

jerkstore77 posted:

Pixel People should be coming out tonight, and boy does it look heavily "inspired" by a certain pixelated tower building game most of us have played.
...game?

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho
"All work and no play" is a subtle jab at you guys not actually making any "games" anymore. ;)

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho

Palpek posted:

Heh also in the Greenlight thread it was mentioned that Shufflepuck Cantina was sent for review to touch arcade but the guy who played it found it way too hard:

This is utterly ridiculous, HUNDREDS of games and still didn't beat the first opponent? You got screwed on the review that could have made your game by a reflex challenged player. Holy poo poo, that guy shouldn't be reviewing reflex based games because this is just hilarious.
TA :jerkbag:

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho
Can't we all just agree that the CEO OF VIDEO GAMES (or whatever the hell his name was, Kenny Rogers poker guy) is the worst dev poster?

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho

Shalinor posted:

I would post more about your dad's anus too, but I was worried about being labelled a johny come lately anus shill. Didn't want to overdo the butt talk.

... unrelated - so how IS the Sonic game where Sonic actually goes fast? The production values look insane, but the gameplay looks almost identical to Subway Surfers.
It's pretty bad. Production value when it comes to menus/information presentation is terrible and clunky.

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho
The mood that JoF sets is loving eerie and amazing. I love it. The music. The setting. The cats meowing as you pick them up. The text that describes the ever growing fire.

Just something about it is really unique and interesting.

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho

Feenix posted:

Wait so usually shooting poo poo is just this big clusterfuck of death (under my finger) but what the heck am I getting negative dollars for?
Jellyfish are bad you doofus!

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho
If I had the stomach to read app store reviews I'd search out all the "wtf this is a total ripoff of NINJA FISHING which came out like 2 years ago! Also the graphics suck in this one!"

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho

Clockwork Beast! posted:

The rocket launcher is probably the best weapon if you aim well. You get a little reticule and about a second of lead time on every shot, but it has no cooldown so tap away. The orbital laser is pretty ok actually. Two taps will kill just about anything, so if you're good with it you can take a pretty sizable chunk of your catch out early if you do a couple of 1-2 second shots while everything is all bunched up. My highest money catches have been with the laser, probably will be until I practice the launcher some more.
You can just hold down the launcher and fire it as a high powered machine gun.

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho

Legs Benedict posted:

Okay, how the hell do you get the "When you believe in yourself" fish in Arctic Floes in Ridiculous Fishing? This is... Well, it's ridiculous.
All the "believe in yourself" fish become available after you free your dad from the block of ice under the sea. I don't specifically remember the Floes one but if you've seen the credits then it should show up out in the open after a few tries.

vvv It's not like the game is story heavy. Once you "beat" Arctic Floes then the new fish appear. That's all.

Wario In Real Life fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Mar 17, 2013

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho

lol

Anyone else finish Ridiculous Fishing? Does the hat you unlock with Eagleman rank do anything? Anything special for unlocking all the items? I've still got a hat to buy but 80k seems pretty steep for something purely cosmetic. Basically I'm just craving more Easter eggs, although it looks I've hit the end of the line there.

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho
That's like forever from now. Give me a code you turd.

I deserve some sort of royalties for the neverending impressions that Everyplay video gives you. It's been at the top of the page for like 2 weeks now.

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho

eeenmachine posted:

Nimble Quest: There's a Space in the Name!

:argh: Shalinor!!!

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho

marshmonkey posted:

Who is "nothingofinterest" on Game Center who is already competing with me for the top spot on the NQ leader board?
I'm more impressed (:raise:) by how low his gem total score is. I didn't even think it was possible to get to the 1600+ level of kills without getting 3k gems.

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho
Ahh yeah I didn't think of that. The first thing I did was drop $5 on gems and upgrade all the power ups haha.

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho
This was pretty intense.

http://everyplay.com/videos/31040

Skip to 1:20 if you're lazy.

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho
Cool dev hacks bro. :jerkbag:

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho
http://everyplay.com/videos/31556

"It's not the size of your snake, it's how you use it."

Also the movespeed buff is the most evil thing in the world. Once you get used to playing with it, regular gameplay feels like literal quicksand. I'm highly contemplating dumping $5 on tokens so that I never have to worry about playing without it.

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho
Yeah it's usually not that huge of a problem, but those few games where I don't have any tokens and have to play without it until I get a token are miserable.

I still actually prefer not to use the speed buff in the Arena though, as I think the slower movespeed gives you more time to attack.

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho
http://everyplay.com/videos/31867

Gettin' blazed on gold.

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho
I should probably stop posting this since the game isn't even out yet (or at least save them for the eventual NQ thread), but drat this game is like crack.

http://everyplay.com/videos/31896

Really efficient run here with the added bonus of a couple tokens and 2k gems. Felt like I was absolutely steamrolling things and the only death came when I walked into myself. So much fun.

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho
Fun little game you've made here bros (and other guy).

https://everyplay.com/videos/33386

Can't wait until everyone else gets a chance to try it out.

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho

eeenmachine posted:

God drat, how many 3 star heroes do you have?
6 I think? It's amazing what a huge difference it makes. I just had an arena run where I hit 500.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho

eeenmachine posted:

So you must have bought some IAPs then?
Absolutely. :tipshat:

• Locked thread