Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
The port of The World Ends With You is awesome even if it is expensive for an app.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I got the iPad version having played it on a DSi before, I personally like the larger screen though I'm no really comparing like for like.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

This looks kinda good, only problem it's an iPhone app rather than univrsal, does anyone know how well do he graphics scale up on an iPad 2?
I personally quite like a dungeon crawler by the name of Bit Dungeon
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/bit-dungeon/id583949163?mt=8

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Downloaded Pixel People, it's good stuff so far, land expansion that can be purchased with the currency earned in game rather than trying to get cash off you... FANTASTIC!

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Works perfectly on my iPad 2.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

headcas3 posted:

I'm liking Pixel Peoples well enough, I get the feeling collecting all the animals is going to become a real crap shoot though.
Here's a quick list of buildings that can do things for you - Don't look if you like discovering these on your own.
  • Church - Allows donations of U for land
  • Research - Reduces hearts required for Surprise
  • Mine - Click 'Its Mine' for a free U
  • Sheriffs Office - Hit Search to find free U
  • Enterprise allows you to buy double speed IAP - if you click it it will pop an achievement and then you can cancel when iOS pops the confirmation
  • Law Firm - Lets you Expand/Level Up for U instead of cash
  • Police Station - View Achievements and find free U

You missed a building, it's not a huge deal though.

Fortune Teller: gives you a recipe for one of the clones every 24 hours.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
So, Little Inferno took a surprisingly dark turn.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Liking Jones On Fire not had any problems with crashing on my iPad 2 though I have found a mission that is either glitched or more specific than described, the touch 5 burning logs mission doesn't register the logs you run along, is it meant to be the ones that are across the path only?

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Just a heads up, IGN covered Jones On Fire in their app store round up today and they liked it.

EDIT: It's a long vid but the bit about JOF starts at 7:30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GIjLeLX4WQ

Anime_Otaku fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Mar 7, 2013

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

langurmonkey posted:

Has anyone played the Stargate SG1 game yet? It looks pretty cool, but the trailer I saw didn't give too much away about the gameplay.

It was on IGN's app store roundup the other day, it's kinda like Time Crisis, at least at the start.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

goferchan posted:

You've already got most of my favorites but man, there are very few that I WOULDN'T reccomend. Next I'd maybe look into Monster Bash or Funhouse if I were you, though. Also, usually two tables are released each month-- last month the release was on the 15th so we should expect the two new tables (Cactus Canyon and Central Park) any day now-- Cactus Canyon is apparently awesome so maybe save a few bucks for that?

The update is out now.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Is it worth me trying to get a nimble quest code when they are offered or are they US only?

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

concerned mom posted:

Awesome. Is that an HD version of the current DS game on the store at the moment, or is it more in the series?

From what I've heard it's all three of the Pheonix Wright games but I think it may be based off the GBA version (AA has no case 5) as I think the first iOS gme was a GBA remake.

Anime_Otaku fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Mar 25, 2013

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Bottom Liner posted:

Is Dungeon Hearts any good? It looks intriguing, but the name is so generic that I can't remember if you guys mentioned it or not.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id576262622?mt=8

I got it after seeing it on IGN's app store update, it's okay can't say I'm hugely impressed by it so far, can't remember if it's free or cheap.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Happy Bear Suit posted:

I started playing Injustice - Gods Among Us. Any tips, hints, must-buy items, good grinding stages, your opinions, etc. for this game?

Insurgency Harley Quinn is really good, specifically her supermove "Line Of Fire" has her shoot her opponent with both her pistols but the way it's done, early on at least it negates Solomon Grundy's "Born On A Monday" ability, if the first shot KO's him BOAM kicks in immediately and 25% health gain means he second shot takes him out. You get basically the same thing if you have 2 other enemies on low health, the second character jumps in between shots and just eats a bullet instantly.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Frankston posted:

Yeah, the original GBA game.

It's the DS version with the extra case.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Has anybody else encountered a glitch in Pixel People that causes an extra clone to appear in the Hotel? I have been trying to reclaim some space by moving people out of bigger homes or the 2 person houses and replacing them with tower but when I moved the mayor and the mechanic from the arrival centre I ended up with 2 mechanics in the hotel and now I can't shift the extra one at all. Tried hard resets an restarting my iPad already but nothing happened.

Also is anyone still playing Pocket Planes? The last post in he thread is my own from more han a week ago.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Anyone got any recommendations for some "games-as-art" titles like Hope:the other side of adventure or Year One (tried it, got frustrated but keep meaning to try again with it) or a puzzle game called Trauma. On a possibly related note, any opinions on a title called Haunting Mellissa?

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
D'oh, yeah I meant Year Walk.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

SquadronROE posted:

Any decent lucasarts-style adventure games out there? I already beat beneath a steel sky.

There's a couple of Monkey Island games both the updated versions of the originals and the Tell Tale Games game (and i you like the TTG games Sam and Max and The Walking Dead are available too) I also have Gemini Rue and The Silen Age which may or may not scratch tha itch o ou.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Just a word of warning to anyone getting KOTOR (which should probably be everyone that's able) although it says it requires just under 2GB of HD space I had to free up nearer to 4.5GB to get it to download.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Happy Happyist posted:

I've never played The World Ends With You, but I really want to! I have both a Nintendo DS and an iPhone 4, which version would be better to get?

I think you might get a bit more screen space on the DS, especially if it's one of the bigger versions but I think the iOS version plays better with regards to how the partner mechanic works, I have the iPad version (iPad 2) and reckon that is better playing on the DSi XL.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Carmageddon has just gone free, it's usually £2.99 and it's a fun game.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Just watched IGN's app store update for today, Limbo is going to be released tomorrow, apparently because of US independence day being thursday a lot of the releases for this week are being kicked out the door tomorrow due to Apple shutting down for the holiday.

E: That was less of a ramble in my head.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Although they're both TD games Kingdom Rush and Field Runners are different styles of game, a better comparison would be Bloons TD and something like Cubemen respectively. I'd say KR is the more enjoyable game of th two though.

Is anyone still playing Pocket Planes? The game thread is dead and I need a Blimp body dammit. :D

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Yodzilla posted:

What cutscenes are unskippable? I seem to remember that option for all cinematics in the PC version.

Central, Vahlen and Shen's intro's, the vid for after researching Xeno Biology and the first Terror Attack, that's off the top of my head and I've not finished the game.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

DrManiac posted:

I would go so far as to say it's also the best ios port job hands down.

I'd go so far as to say that, on iPad TWETY is a better experience than on the DS.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Rymdkapsel is pretty good, kind of wish there was a way to direct your minions movements more though, or at least th AI was a bit less easily distracted and actually finished building things instead of working on something else.

Also, Xcom got an update, cutscenes can be skipped and there is a few modifiers added too like randomising rookies stats or the cash nations give you, there's also something about being able to check panic levels.

Anime_Otaku fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Aug 2, 2013

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Corridor posted:

I just noticed a while ago that all the pin brands in TWEWY are animals. Sheep Heavenly, Mus Rattus, Jupiter of the Monkey, etc. According to this one quest I had to do, D+B is a cow? How the hell does that work? I don't even know what it stands for. At least I know just enough French to know that lapin means rabbit. Also I googled 'pavo' and it's like, latin for peacock or peafowl or something. I'm not seeing that in any of their designs but okay fine. I think Gatito is CAT's designs, so there's that animal there too. I knew el gato is a cat, but apparently gatito is a kitten.

I think they're basically the asian zodiac signs, the myth is based on the animals being told by a god to come to him, the ones that did are the zodiac signs and apparently the TWETY brands appear in the same order as the animals finished the race.

Not played TWETY for a while, need to get into it again, are the level three versions of the partner's big moves end game content or can I, for instance, get Shiki's by the end of week 1?

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Flush is situational, if you have a dangerous enemy in cover and no good shots on it, set a bunch of heavy hitters to overwatch then move the assault up and flush him out and let the rest sort him out. It can also be good if you don't have the firepower to outright kill an enemy that's got someone flanked.

Anime_Otaku fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Aug 5, 2013

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
300MB is the compressed download file, a lot of games do that.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Orvin posted:

Did Battle Cats get pulled from the App Store? I had avoided updating for some dumb reason or another, and this morning it was gone from the update list. I ran a search in the store and didn't see it anymore.

Looks like it, but if you bought it before you can still get it from the purchased tab.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Has anyone else tried Kungfu Jumpu? It's a pretty fun little twist on 1v1 beat em ups that actually works on touch screens by having the gameplay reduced to pick an attack and a jump angle.

Also consider me a Touch Arcade convert, I had been using an app called Appfire but TA is definitely nicer,

I have a request, I just bought an iPad 4, what games are good that take advantage of the Retina display, preferably not FPS or car racing.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Anyone trying out Freak Tower? If so add me: 87Q90Y

I'm giving it a go.

U0WQU2

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Iphone apps have a x2 button at one of the corners when on iPad.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
The hourglass and star (pinched squares) shaped gems go in high end weapons, go right to the last few heavy weapons and you see them.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Any advice for Shadowrun Returns? Currently I'm enjoying it but I feel I'm wasting a bunch of karma, currently got an Elf street samurai but I have spells on her which were kind of a waste especially since I dropped cash on a new eye and arms. I'm considering restarting and using a combo of gunplay and decking.

Link: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/shadowrun-returns/id667026182?mt=8

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Boozie posted:

So I bought Tactical Warrior off iTunes on my PC. It says on the iTunes page that it is compatible with iPad. When I go to my library, it doesn't show up in my iPad apps and if I click get info on it it only shows iphone/ipod touch.

Am I missing something here? I'm a pretty big noob with this stuff but this is frustrating.

It might mean that it's designed for iPhone/iPod and you'll need to use the 2x setting to make it fit the iPad screen.

Edit: Yeah, it's a phone game, it works on iPad but needs the 2x zoom to fill the screen.

Anime_Otaku fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Dec 18, 2013

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Boozie posted:

So for a dumbass like myself, how do I load it on my iPad and what does the 2x zoom entail? I've only owned this for ~2 weeks so I'm still learning basic stuff. I typically either buy the game on the iPad itself or if I buy it on iTunes on my PC it loads it up automatically.

Well if you go to iTunes on the iPad, search for it and change the left most option from "iPad only" to "iPhone only" it will be the first option, you can then download it from there. If it shows the price rather than the download icon don't worry it should realise you own it and tell you it will download for free. Been ages since I was on my laptop so I'm fuzzy on how itunes works there, last time I used it there was an option to pick things from your downloads that sync with the device when it's connected through the USB port.
iPhone games show up on iPad playing in a phone sized window, there's a little button in the corner of tne screen that says x2 that will expand the picture to iPad size but the image will be blockier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Been playing a bit of Colossatron, I thought it would be like Nimble Quest but it's not, it's a match 3/zuma style game with some added wrinkles. It's still fun though.

Republique is pretty good and also looks great though I'm not far into it yet.
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/republique/id687888390?mt=8

The new Ridge Racer Slipstream is pretty cool too so far.
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/ridge-racer-slipstream/id725879978?mt=8

• Locked thread