Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Couch Life
Aug 20, 2010

Bummey posted:

Because the FFTA series is the bee's knees, that's why. :colbert: I had something like 500 hours logged on my FFTA cart, over the course of 4 or 5 complete games. Mostly because I got stuck in a revolving door where I didn't have the quest items I needed to move on, but never got the missions that rewarded those quest items either. FFTA2 wasn't as good, but I still played it a lot.

I always felt like the only person who loved the law system. I think restrictions can add a lot of variety to gameplay, especially a genre that can grow stale as quickly as RPGs. Of course, sometimes you get a No Damage Against Monsters (or something similar) law that totally ruins your ability to fight. I was a little sad when FFTA2 dumped it.

Sent an email for the TouchArcade job! I haven't applied for a job I really wanted since I was 18.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Couch Life
Aug 20, 2010

Now you can get the App Of The Week from within the Starbucks app, so nobody has to post codes anymore!

Couch Life
Aug 20, 2010

silloh posted:

I just installed the Starbucks app, but I don't receive an "App of the Week" notification in my "Messages" tab. Did I have to have the app installed right when they pushed the notification for the App of the Week?

I guess so. I know you need to have Starbucks account to get the app. I haven't played with it myself so I'm not sure.

Couch Life
Aug 20, 2010

Corridor posted:

The pixel art seems pretty neat I guess.

That's literally the only place you see that anime portrait, it's weird. Everything else about the game is spot-on.

Couch Life
Aug 20, 2010

bunnielab posted:

I played FFT on Playstation and like half way through on Gameboy and none of this poo poo seems familiar at all, like totally some moon language. Is this a different game entirely?

...Shakespearean English? It's just a different script. The Gameboy ones are totally separate though.

Couch Life
Aug 20, 2010

Deleted. Sorry.

Couch Life
Aug 20, 2010

The new Star Wars TCG seems like it could be okay if I didn't have to wait literal minutes for it to load.

Couch Life
Aug 20, 2010

Is Heroes of Loot worth getting? I've been on the fence after getting burned by 100 Rogues but it looks so good. Is there a lot of content/actual loot?

Couch Life
Aug 20, 2010

Speaking of FFT, is it even worth trying to play on the iPhone 5 screen? I'm so used to breaking it over my knee and I want to do it forever but I don't have an iPad.

Couch Life
Aug 20, 2010

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

As someone who beat the original sorta crappy port I sort of want to reinstall. Unfortunately I'd have to start over because iOS is terrible at save game management

Well, if it helps any, I've been playing it and it's just as good as everyone says it is. No slowdown at all, thank the lord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Couch Life
Aug 20, 2010

Wow, what?! Considering there's no IAP (as far as I can see), and they're not coming out with a new game, I wonder what the reasoning is.

• Locked thread