Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
langurmonkey
Oct 29, 2011

Getting healthy by posting on the Internet
If you like chilled out puzzle games, then there is new game called "Hundreds" that I got last night and played a bit in bed when I should have been sleeping. The concept is simple - circles move around on the screen and you tap them to inflate them with points. You want to get 100 points in total. The catch is that if they touch while you are growing one then it's game over. Of course other gimmicks get added in quickly, like circles being attached together with ropes, circles that you can "pause" and super speed circles.

The art style is really minimalist and the soundtrack is very relaxing. It's quite nice to just mindlessly tap on circles for a few minutes, although I did find myself raging when I died on a score of 99 :).

I think there is a launch discount, here is the app store link.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

langurmonkey
Oct 29, 2011

Has anyone played the Stargate SG1 game yet? It looks pretty cool, but the trailer I saw didn't give too much away about the gameplay.

langurmonkey
Oct 29, 2011

LingcodKilla posted:

Anyone got an opion on The Bard's Tale? I recall the game from the early 90s being fun but I doubt this is the same people.

If you are looking for old-school Bard's Tale fun then Silver Sword is very good, and faithful to the spirit of the original, but with nicer graphics.

langurmonkey
Oct 29, 2011

Fazana posted:

I thought this looked really good from the website, noted it was £2.49 and thought wth, sometimes you should splash out. I already own it... I think it's time to go through my purchase history and see what else I bought early on and deleted to make room for other stuff >.<

Any starter tips similar to the ton of useful info banded around for The Quest? (Which I will probably get next after actually putting in some playtime in Silversword)

I am not sure about that but their official forum here has tons of stuff in it.

langurmonkey
Oct 29, 2011

Paradoxish posted:

$10 isn't so much a hefty price tag for KoDP as it is an unbelievable bargain. Game would be worth every penny at five times that price.

I have it, and it seems like a good game, but I have great difficulty getting started. There are just so many options and most of them seem wrong. I think I would play it more if I had more of a clue what was going on, which I know is a bit of a vicious circle.

langurmonkey
Oct 29, 2011

Odddzy posted:

My girlfriend and I are going on a trip tonight and will be having some downtime on the road.

I was wondering if you guys could recommend a game or two that could be played on her Iphone and we could take turns playing against each other, something like chess maybe but with more fun visuals?

My ipod got lost a while ago so i'm looking to get a new one in the future.

My wife and I like a card game called Robot Master. It's about laying out cards on a grid to score points. One of you scores for rows, the other for columns, so there are all sorts of blocking strategies. It doesn't take too long to play either.
Another card game is Lost Cities. I have only played it on XBox but I imagine the iOS version is similar.
Carcassonne is a really good tile laying game. Again, pretty easy to pick up the rules, but has a lot of strategy. The iPhone implementation is pretty slick as well.

langurmonkey
Oct 29, 2011

SquadronROE posted:

I need an actions game that is preferably not a platformer or endless runner? Maybe a space ship game? I dunno. First suggestion is the one I will buy so long as it is reasonably priced.

I like Aaaaaaaaaaa (not sure if that is the right number of as) which is a game about falling; Radiant which is like Galaga with cool music; Minotron which is a weird dual stick shooter; and lastly the classic Arkanoid.

langurmonkey
Oct 29, 2011

Just saw on Toucharcade that the C64 version of Ultima IV is available for free, to satisfy any nostalgia needs.

langurmonkey
Oct 29, 2011

Has anyone played Heroes of Loot yet? It's an interesting looking rogue like that just came out.

langurmonkey
Oct 29, 2011

Fazana posted:

My mother bought an ipad

Can anyone recommend something from the puzzling/cards ilk that doesn't require either an internet connection or fast reflexes please?

I enjoyed Reiner Knizia's Card Buster, which is a solitaire game based on poker hands. There is another one of his called Robot Master that has nice pass and play multiplayer.

langurmonkey
Oct 29, 2011

Sub-Actuality posted:

Incidentally, which are the best iOS games in this genre? I'm always up for a good old-school dungeon crawl.

I like Silversword. It is very similar to bards tale - The classic version that is.

langurmonkey
Oct 29, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

Noticed that the Wizardry/Bard's Tale-looking Silversword is on sale.
http://www.appshopper.com/games/silversword

Anyone happen to have played it and care to give their thoughts on the game?

It really does capture the essence of the original Bards Tale games, with brutally hard fights if you go the wrong way through it for example. I have had a lot if fun with it and the forums are very helpful if (when) you get stuck. It is very big though and I am not sure I will get all the way through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

langurmonkey
Oct 29, 2011

Has anyone played Coldfire Keep yet? Looks like a nice update to the Might and Magic genre.

• Locked thread