Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
Jones On Fire - good game, very cute. Crashed once when i hit next while waiting for the high scores to load from the internet. Seems pretty solid, except for purchasable IAP set at $3 for a doubler and $5 for a life extender? These seem above the going rate for these types of IAP for other games, which is immediately jarring. I love doublers and I usually buy them, but these put me off. I'd probably recommend $1 for the doubler and maybe two $1 tier bumps for the extra lives?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

Bummey posted:

$3 is rapidly becoming standard for doublers.

It was $1 for Punch Quest and Pixel People?

e: and I want to say pocket planes too but I'm not sure they had one?

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

It is kinda weird. We're finally getting all these crazy cool games never really done on a tablet, and now people are against solely rotating the device on occasion.

One has nothing to do with the other.

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Nickoten posted:

Well, other than Kairosoft and (I think) Keith Burgun.

Please don't summon the Spergin' Burgun lest we fall prey to pages upon pages of his "game design mastery".

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Factory posted:

Where are you seeing this?

Probably in the screenshot of the slider in the ancient times of "earlier on this page".

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

Grimey Drawer

HiriseSoftware posted:

Does anybody have any thoughts on Meltdown? It's only $1.99 (but also includes IAP!) but was wondering if anybody else tried it out. There's 4-player multiplayer too.

I like it, it's a nice little shooter. The controls are okay but it's really dumb not having a dedicated melee button.

Edit: this game can get really dumb sometimes with exploding enemies. Ughh.

ahmeni fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Nov 11, 2013

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

Grimey Drawer
That's what you get when some cheapass won't spend his spacebux on the exhaust port cover IAP.

edit: curse you noodle boy

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Lechtansi posted:

Dammit I lost my TWEWY save when I switched to a new phone and didn't restore from backup. Is there any way to copy it from one device to another?

Try something like iFunbox (PC/Mac) to dig around in the apps data and see if there's a save file there.

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Bottom Liner posted:

Speaking of which, where the gently caress are the mifi controllers already?

Came in just to ask the same thing because I love me some Meltdown but floating dpads give me finger cramps.

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

Grimey Drawer
It's a bespoke artisinal RPG featuring the musical accompaniment of two of the most popular video game music people in the history of video game music people. I'd say it's probably pretty hard to go wrong for 10 bux.

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

Grimey Drawer
The review has hit TouchArcade and it's gotten 5 stars, which bodes well for the full game market.

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Helmacron posted:

If someone bespoke artisanal'd me I'd get my poo poo out of the way sassy fast, I tell you what. Hoohah.

I can't buy any games because I just bought the new bespoke artisanal iPad Mini. No Oceanhorn for me. :(

Anyway, I'll catch you all later, I have to go bespoke artisanal before we run out of toilet paper.

3/5 not twee enough

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

Grimey Drawer

cname posted:

I'm still waiting for someone to play Oceanhorn and post about it.

-Any cool weapons or gimmicky stuff like a boomerang or bombs or something?

-What are boss fights like?

-Any issues you've had?

-Any particularly fun segments?

Since you all seem to disapprove of other people's critique, why not review it yourself instead of reviewing the review?

I'm about 9 hours or so into it. It's nice, very basic, but nice.

- Cool weapons? Bombs, yes. Boomerangs and hookshots? Nope. Your standard bow/arrow, bombs and a sword upgrade later.

- I've done the first boss fight and am currently engaged in the second boss fight. They're decent fights but sadly not every area gets a boss fight so they're a bit sparse.

- The rare slowdown on my 4S, but that's a bit expected with that old of hardware. Like the TA review I'm a bit annoyed at the fact that you don't seem to be rewarded for collecting red crystal until you have them all

- Nothing particularly noteworthy, just your general puzzle solving fun.

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Arcturas posted:

How does Bastion play on the iPhone? I've wanted to play through it but don't have an iPad.

Even if it plays okay I'd wait till you have a nice big screen to play on because it's a beautiful game. Good speakers or headphones help too because the soundtrack is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Khablam posted:

Unless you like to :smug: around your friends as an early adopter, now is the time to sit back and see what happens. What's being sold is barely more than a proof of concept.

This is the worst thing too because for fucks sake, controllers are almost entirely a solved thing. Turn my phone into a goddamn PSP already.

• Locked thread