Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Third test side.

Ed Cowan
David Warner
Phil Hughes
Michael Clarke (capt)
Michael Hussey
Matthew Wade
Mitchell Johnson
Mitchell Starc
Peter Siddle
Nathan Lyon
Jackson Bird

Now take out Michael Hussey and you have a team that will easily reclaim the ashes :suicide:

Why would you play 5 bowlers in a test you dont need to win? If it was 1-1 and needed a win for rankings and you have been having trouble bowling teams out then sure go for it. SL batted for about 80 overs last game.. Johnson at 7? he's a good tail ender, ie he can hit big scores - but also gets <10 most the time. I guess it doesn't matter as we are basically playing Sri Lanka A now with all their injuries, but i'll quote this post if we bat first and lose a couple of early wickets to the new ball and collapse horribly due to a mighty long tail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Hyperriker posted:

Saw a link floating around about the ABC not covering the India tests because of the BCCI doing something. I'll post it when I get home, unless anyone beats me to it.

ABC aren't covering basically for money reasons, but the BCCI refused Maxwell's certifcation, which is rather outragous.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-02-12/statement-on-abc-cricket-coverage/4514890?section=sport

abc posted:

The ABC's Manager of Grandstand Sport Craig Norenbergs says a number of factors were behind the decision not to have a presence in India for this month's Australian cricket tour.

The escalating costs of broadcasting rights, audience demands to return to normal programming and the need to keep the airwaves open for emergency broadcasting contributed to the ABC's decision not to send a commentary team to India.

"The ABC undertakes a rigorous review of all international sporting events and associated costs and unfortunately as in the case of this tour, we are unable to send a complete team," Norenbergs said.

It was the ABC's intention to still have head commentator Jim Maxwell in India in a reporting capacity but the Board for Control of Cricket in India has rejected the ABC's application for accreditation for Maxwell.

The application was rejected despite representations by Cricket Australia.

"The ABC is disappointed Jim's accreditation has been rejected," Norenbergs said

Some gold lines there about 'demands to return to normal programming'.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Id say just play 11 batters, open the bowling with Warner and Clarke and play for draws but I dont think we have 11 batters.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Wow, that's a belting. But really what do you do?

The following players scored more than 400 runs in Shield this season.

PJ Hughes (In and failing)
RT Ponting (Retired)
CJL Rogers (35 and had a previous shot)
AJ Doolan (dont know much about him)
MJ Cosgrove (Likely will never get picked due to weight and attitude - but right now couldn't be worse..)
CJ Ferguson (Hasn't stepped up in the last few years, seems more suited to the one dayers)
UT Khawaja (should be in the side, but again hasn't stepped up when he's had the chance)
BJ Haddin (Old, was dropped for a reason)
CD Hartley (Is ok, and maybe a improvement on Wade, but eh)

Isn't exactly anyone banging the door down to get in..

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Does it really matter where he bats if the rest of the team scores 80 between them?

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

I really hope that Australia lose the 3rd test by an innings and 500 runs. Ideally with only two wickets, one run out and one timed out.

Surely the coaches job is to do the homework..

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

It's almost like the main factor that is causing Australia to lose is not home work ability, who the captain is, or even team unity (although that couldn't hurt) it is because the team as a whole isn't good at cricket.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

It sounds to logical to be an April fools joke (Well until the beer stuff atleast).

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Scylo posted:

Clarke(c), Haddin (vc), Khawaja, Warner, Cowan, Hughes, Wade, Lyon, Faulkner, Watson, Rogers, Siddle, Bird, Harris, Pattinson, Starc

Rogers and Harris are good choices and I have no idea why they're still picking Watson.

A seam bowling unit of Siddle, Harris, Pattinson, Starc, Faulkner and Bird is a pretty decent 6 to rotate through as each one gets injured.

Still have to score runs to win games though, and that's only marginally better than the India tour team.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

It's hard to say who deserves to win this game, Australia were 9 for 115 in the first innings. You dont deserve to win games when you do that, but equally Englands bowling to the number 11 in both innings has left alot to be desired.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Halo14 posted:

I'm going to buy one of those radios that let you delay the audio in sync with the TV. Channel 9 commentary not even once.

Anyone able to recommend one of these? I had a look last summer and couldn't find one that seemed to be suitable?

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Coucho Marx posted:

Because he's been poo poo ever since he moved there.

I think it's more his back is broken.. but breaking with something that works is always asking for problems.

Also lol Warner.

will we make 100?

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

RideTheSpiral posted:

Bailey career test s/r or 300. Standard.

Better than Bradman

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

lol first ball down leg/

Shock

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Urgh, I'm crook so cant go today.

That said I live 5km from the oval and it just started bucketing down so we might be off again soon.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Shmoses posted:

Also I hope that idiot in the Barmy Army wearing the Mitch Johnson mask feels a right tit

I was wearing it briefly yesterday.. how can you resist a oversize mask!

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Wow. that's awesome.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Well that's a good way to bring up a 500 lead..

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

RHINO!

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Really...

Outside leg surely

\/ not for me :(

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Part of me is worried Australia will screw it up, but looking at this pitch one is going to catch an edge eventually..

Or runouts..

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Learn to slide with Mitchell Johnson...

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

If this got to the final 50 runs you would likely actually see a backstop..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

ASHES!

• Locked thread