Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

PTizzle posted:

A Good OP.

The Ashes should be fun but I'm more worried about the possibility of India giving us a royal rogering on their nutty pitches.

Hopefully they use the India series to blood a bunch of spin bowlers, one of whom will replace Lyon and turn into Warne II.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Burn Down Canberra posted:

I feel the biggest issue with Australian cricket is the selectors. I've heard talk of Maxwell replacing hussey instead of khawaja. The problem is Maxwell doesn't have the greatest temperament and that would be a collapse prone top order. Even more so than now.

edit

Also could you imagine McGrath being rotated. Australia is the only country to do this crap. The last test there was the insane situation of an injured batsmen (clarke) playing while an uninjured bowler was rotated so a proven failure could pad his stats against one of the worst test teams

I don't mind guys like Maxwell being given a go then being sent away to deal with their deficiencies.
When better than a meaningless dead rubber where the opposition is probably still trying hard for the sake of dignity?
The rotations should cease once the bowling attack gets a bit older and can handle the workload. There must be something up with the fitness program or something with all these guys getting soft tissue injuries.

Watson is simply terrible with the bat right now.
Um... what? Didn't he make 80 or something? If he's injured then he shouldn't play but his form seems OK.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Seams posted:

I remember when Warne was at his peak and the line that would always come up either in cricket journalism or the match commentary was that all the young kids watching the cricket would want to be as good as Warne and Australia would never be in want of a good spinner again.

Good to see cricket journalism here is just as bad as our political journalism.

Hyperriker posted:

New thread title is a shameless, desperate attempt to see if the thread title curse keeps up

England Moment of Failure Never Forget
Haha just noticed that. Johnson will take 12 and make a century in Sydney on the back of this thread now.

gay picnic defence fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Jan 1, 2013

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Sisgmund posted:

What happened to Spoonboy? :ohdear:

He decided to sacrifice the joy of posting here in order to preserve his dignity from another :toxx: induced song.

E:
which pitch are they playing on again? :stare:

Oh and SL have lost another fast bowler.

gay picnic defence fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Jan 2, 2013

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

newmalden posted:

C'mon New Zealand, beat 47*.

Nicely done.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Kaglicious posted:

It baffles me that 45 is only NZ's third lowest test score :stare:

Why would that baffle anyone?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

cardgame posted:

Greetings, friends. I'm a technological retard who needs to figure out a way to listen to ABC commentary, is there a way to get around that stupid 4 second delay? If I have to listen to Ian Healy for much longer i'm going to have to set myself on fire out the front of the SCG.

http://www.sportsyncradio.com/

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

They'll definitely make them bat again (once more during the next test)

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Captain Appleseed posted:

Who wouldn't want to look at this face in bed?

The most terrifying o-face in the history of cricket :stare:

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

You Am I posted:

There seems to be a bit of a resemblance between Nathan Lyon and former F1 driver Robert Kubica
That was well spotted

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Hyperriker posted:

Also which Australian fast bowler reboots Who Dares Wins after retirement?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Scylo posted:

There's this article on cricinfo about Healy being unhappy with Wade's glovework

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia-v-sri-lanka-2012/content/current/story/600442.html

I find it interesting because I don't think I've ever seen Healy have a strong opinion on anything.

He believes Hartley is the best gloveman and Hartley has a better one day batting average than Haddin this season. Makes me wonder why, if they're looking to the 2015 world cup, the selectors didn't choose Hartley over Haddin for this series.

Haddin gives better blow jobs.

Mister Chief posted:

Phil Hughes cementing his place nicely here.

Dead.
Set.
Gun.

gay picnic defence fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Jan 11, 2013

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

RideTheSpiral posted:

Dhoni is literally the most annoying batsman. He operates at a 60 s/r causing every other batsman to throw their wicket away, then hits a few vanity 6s at the end before getting out leaving the team needing 10 an over.

No that's actually him being calm and collected in a high pressure situation. He'd make more runs if he wasn't always being batted out of form by cheating white guys who make him bat on unfairly bouncy pitches. Maderchod. Also something about SRT.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Dougie just pinned Faf right in the balls. :cool:

gif or it didn't happen.

MrL_JaKiri posted:

VAAS WAS poo poo...UGLY poo poo....HE WAS A DICK AND NO BETTER THAN ZAHEER..IF HE WAS THAT GUD THEN HE SHOULD HAVE WON ATLEAST 1 TEST IN INDIA AND AUSTRALIA....LANKA STILL WINLESS IN INDIA AND AUSTRALIA ? ALSO VAAS COULDNT MAKE LANKA WIN IN SOUTH AFRICA AS WELL

Noice.

gay picnic defence fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Jan 12, 2013

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

New Zealand should be amalgamated into the Australian domestic comp until they're competitive.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Does dropping four more players make this the C team?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Gotta give the Sri Lankans a sniff or they'll go home.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Guess we'll have to wait to find out.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Well I found out where spoonboy is posting now:

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Haddin's left the field injured. I wonder if India and England will send out their best physios to ensure he is fit for selection for the upcoming tours.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Noxin of Shame posted:

Move Boult up to 3

quote:

Clarc Morris: "I also note NZs current No11 has just surpassed the great Phantoms career runs scored in tests, in 60 fewer tests."

Noice.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Are these umpires loving deaf.

Probably. They don't even have a massive noisy crowd to use as an excuse for not hearing things.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

This Williamson bloke goes alright.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Spoonboyed the wrong one, drat.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Out.

Quality batting.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

It'd be nice if when they get into a semi strong position the kiwi batsmen could stay focused on the task at hand instead of mentally undressing the victory sheep back in the shed.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Looks like SR are in trouble.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Nah, Hughes is actually good.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Much better, no shame in coming second to a talent like Hughes.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Good spoonboy.

Hughes, now Johnson. It's good to see a couple of unfairly treated players show what they're capable of.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Lol Gambhir why don't you ask for a review if you didn't hit it you dumb motherfuckre?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Is Liam Plunkett any good? He got a gig at my old club.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Once the footy starts again. Never been so pumped for the NAB cup in my life.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Cocksmith posted:

OK, whose dick does O'Keefe need to suck to get a shot? Ridiculous.

Probably needs the entire selection panel to bukkake him.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

It's only countries like SL and Bangladesh that need India because those tours generate so much money for the cricketing minnows. When Russel Arnold was commentating this summer he was saying that Sri Lankan stars are basically obliged to play in the IPL or India will schedule fewer matches in Sri Lanka, with dire financial consequences for the home side.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Hyperriker posted:

He's the guy who hoots and hollers when he routs a bunch of Under-12s but wants to punch on when he gets tonked

So basically he's a oval office? What's the problem with that?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Shmoses posted:

So do we start considering Steyn, Philander, Morkel and Kallis' place among great pace attacks in history? That's three teams in 15 months that they've bowled teams out for less than fifty.

It's no McGrath, Warne, Lee and Gillespe

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Scylo posted:

My favourite thing about this years IPL is the fact that there are only a few English Test players involved with it, but a whole bunch of Australian players will be there. The lkes of Clarke, Hughes, Warner and Wade should be looking to have a break before a potentially tough Ashes series, or maybe spend some time over there preparing. But nope, gotta get that money while sitting on the bench for a month.

This pisses me off no end. They could be doing a training camp with 20 or so test hopefuls, really getting the team bonding happening, working on their fitness and skills and doing whatever they can to prepare for back to back Ashes. But no, apparently a bit of hit and giggle for the amusement of a bunch of corrupt billionaires is more important.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Mister Chief posted:

Including the IPL.

Good. I'd hate to see another good player ruined by those flogs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

They should use the time they allocated to T20 at the AB medal to letting me see Mitchell Johnson's girlfriend for 15 minutes.. Both are stupid but one doesn't ruin cricket

• Locked thread