Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
haha jesse ryder had a pro boxing match and hes still a fat gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Pig in the City posted:

If anyone's interested, here's a big dumb thing I put too much time into:
http://fineanimalgorilla.com/2013/01/14/prime-ministers-xi-made-of-prime-ministers/

The PM's XI made of PMs

e: I love Smith. I don't know why. I think he played a shot in his first game that reminded me of Waugh and then I stopped watching him forever.

ok this is p good, and i barely know the story of most of the ministers

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

webmeister posted:

Mitchell Johnson, ladies and gentlemen

I don't think that necessarily fair, MiJo's main frustration is that while he's a pie-chucking liability 90% of the time when he turns it on he is a genuine pants-passingly unplayable fast bowler. whether that was the case today... ehhhh

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Feral Jesus posted:

How about when he gets 100?

then hes shithouse for the next 3 years

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

ill always think of faux-tony greig's summary in one of the twelfth man series "here we are at the gabba where the forecast is to be stinking loving hot, stinking loving humid, with the chance of some stinking loving rain"

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

lol signed by Mitchell Johnson

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

webmeister posted:

Also: yay we won a Test! Still don't think that we'll win the series, but it's nice to see a win for a change. Fingers crossed that Warner keeps his head in and bats well, as I think he's our best talent behind Clarke. And hopefully this isn't a once in a million performance from MiJo it is

history says once every 18 months, but they usually last for most of a series

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

plunket is such an English name

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

wasn't Geraint jones the guy from the 2005 debacle where he was a real good keep but completely and utterly pissed his pants when you put a bat in his hands?

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

-Spiffy- posted:

No fooling this is Root's picture from Cricbuzz:

ellen DeGeneres plays cricket???

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

ive got no reason to doubt that she'd be good at it if she tried but that just jumped out at me right away

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

serious gaylord posted:

Im not going to tar the entire country with the same brush because of one paper, but the Aussie media truly are some of the worst in the first world.

But if people didnt buy it, they wouldnt write it.

uhhhhh 'british phone hacking scandal' anyone? not to defend the newscorp garbage (its awful) but the australian big news outlets are no worse than what the uk or us come up with

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Quanta posted:

Kallis'll go down as a true legend of the game, but his retirement's a big blow for the sport. A likeable guy for a South African as well.

are you on drugs

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

not gonna lie where did this extreme man love for carberry's physical form come from for the english posters

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Lionel Richie posted:

Too many gingers in this game

aus vs eng what was expected.

sack rogers tho he's poo poo

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

serious gaylord posted:

Putting a tenner on Carberry getting his ton and just whapping it out towards the aussie dressing room.

again, just throwing it out there about general british gagging on carberry

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

-Spiffy- posted:

I don't expect hard hitting journalism from channel 9 at the best of times.

id certainly describe what happened as hard hitting journalism

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

marcus north :haw:

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

anyone else get the feeling that lehmann just tells the players to play their natural game?

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

if we're looking at dropping players lower in the order ie bailey, mitch marsh has been in recent form and might be ready for a crack

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Airstream Driver posted:

What about Pomersbach? He's looked good in the 2 games he's played for Queensland so far.

he suffers from a severe case of colossal dickhead-itis, id be surprised if he's not on cricket australia's permanent blacklist

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Cat Terrist posted:

It's the KFC BBL, why would that surprise you? Of course everything has a sponsor. Pity the loving Umpires arent sponsored by OPSM, one of them sure as gently caress needs that or a drat guide dog.

OPSM are the major sponsors of the umps in the AFL and they havent gotten any better

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

gilchrist really did gently caress it up for the expectations of all other wicketkeepers since. its a pity the english tail is so useless with the bat as well, it leaves england in a really poor position for selecting their keepers

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

either im a bit slow but dicking around to get to the live streaming bit of abc grandstand is a huge fuckaround against common sense

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

You Am I posted:

Oh Anderson.

2 for 222.

i cant be the only person who thought of benaud when i saw that

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

i think for the australians only johnson and haddin have played at a consistently excellent level, the rest of the team have floated in and out of form. the english have just been a shambles, even though theyve also had a similar amount of players floating in and out of form. they just cant play out games.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

gently caress off, we get as good indian food as the uk and better thai. so go gently caress yourselves you righteous cunts

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

serious gaylord posted:

Shame about the rest of the menu then.

ill be happy to sit here and listen to your opinions re: the shortcomings of australian cuisine so please explain

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

srspost: if you gonna rag on australia rag on us about something valid.

the ridiculously conservative govt who got voted into power off the back of the murdoch press implied idea that the country was broke when it was one of the best economically performing nations in the world. rag on us about our garbage media consistently stirring up the idea of asylum seekers torking are jorbs which is why they should be jailed indefinitely. rag on us about our ridiculous decision to remain a monarchy because the pm at the time torpedoed the vote with a bunch of bullshit conditions to declaring true independence. rag on us about our stupid rear end views towards the internet and its availability.

but i will not sit here here and have you rag out the availability of good quality food.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

the food available here kicks rear end and i expect a full apology from whoever suggested otherwise

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

serious gaylord posted:

The ECB have taken a very good test team and ruined it through over training, over thinking and over planning.

to be fair, cricket australia did the same thing not long ago

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Burn Down Canberra posted:

He played a few innings a number of years ago that were a touch slow for the circumstances. He certainly hasn't done that for a bit.

my lasting memory of him was a few years ago during a test where SA were killing it and just needed to tee off in the last innings to chase down the fairly small required total and he came out and blocked everything. that said, i used to have an avatar of him in the shower so there is that

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

RideTheSpiral posted:

The worst thing about Australia winning the cricket is that all the Australian humour vacuums feel the urge to come and serious post in here.

i used to despise politix based jokes until i grew up. dont worry buddy, you'll pass your mid-20's someday :thumbsup:

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

http://www.espncricinfo.com/the-ashes-2013-14/content/story/705695.html

i was probably the biggest winner out of the retirement of a spinner that couldnt actually spin the ball anymore - chris rogers - latest australian centurion

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

tanglewood1420 posted:

Why did they bother taking him on tour in the first place? Swann was bowling terribly and not even contributing with the bat, but they still only picked Monty because he retired. Then just bowl him for 17 overs, out of over 130 in the match, including bowling Root ahead of him on the final day when the game was still winnable - not once but twice! Then drop him at the SCG, traditionally the best ground to bowl spin on in Australia, for a debutant that wasn't even in the original squad. It just doesn't make sense to have him in the set up if you clearly don't fancy him as a player to the extent that they treat him like that.

racism

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Scylo posted:

Tony Abbott commentating, mute your TV's

is he better or worse than rudd, because rudd was hilariously bad. at least you could say abbott looks like the sporting type at least

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Airstream Driver posted:

Good leave by Smith there.

shoulders arms and takes it in the crotch. hes clearly got his eye in

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Doctor Cave posted:

Bailey's test career may be a failure, but at least he got a (joint) world record out of it.

its a pretty good one to hold imo. he can at least say hes got a batting record sehwag never got

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Shmoses posted:

It was painful listening to him heap praise on Alastair Cook for his courage under adversity or whatever. He obviously views himself as some kind of pariah come good or something.

he also said he understood the plight of burma/myanmar's aung san suu ki because he was opposition leader himself for 4 years so,

• Locked thread