Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vulpine Complex
Apr 13, 2007

Story Progression is the mod that helps populate your town, correct? That's one thing that I didn't really like about The Sims 3 - everything felt abandoned with only a couple of sims in areas at a time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulpine Complex
Apr 13, 2007

IAmTheRad posted:

The basic thing is, is it hard to start a brand new fresh neighbourhood in Sims 4 that hasn't been touched at all by your hands, or is the entire thing interconnected?

You can have multiple save games with completely independant neighborhoods, like in The Sims 3. "New Game" is one of the options in the top right which will dump you into CAS and then into a completely new copy of the two neighborhoods. If doing this, be sure to "Save As" at least once or else you'll have a ton of save games labeled "My saved game #" with only a Sim last name to differentiate.

Vulpine Complex
Apr 13, 2007

It seems bills are higher in Sims 4 - I recreated the Newbie house from Sims 1 and my bills are almost $500 each billing period. Also, the past due payments have a new effect. Instead of a repoman coming along your sim's utilities are shut off.

Also, fans of hobo-sims: You can still live off the land. Each neighborhood has a sizable area to explore and plenty of benches to nap on. Traveling between each zone is easy enough, downside being the loading screens but they seem to pass by quickly enough.

Vulpine Complex
Apr 13, 2007

Man, some of these analogies are getting to be a little crazy.

Sims 4 is not a house without the roof or a bathroom or a car with a hole in the dash instead of a radio. It's the fourth installment of a people simulator where you try desperately to keep your dollhouse of virtual people from spontaneously combusting. Sims 4 does this very well. There's been such a furor built up over this game over 'removed' features that we have people going around shouting that the game is missing schools and the ability to edit non-house lots. Which it's not, kids go to school and you can completely wipe out every lot and make an entire town of phallic art installations if that's your desire.

I never purchased any of the Sims 3 expansions outright - I got World Adventures thanks to EA Support and lingering Origin issues and Late Night with the humble bundle. Sims 3 always ran like crap for me. I'm not talking about framerate either; loading took forever, time would freeze for no reason while ambient animations played, crashes wiping out hours of progress became common-place once I made any progress in the game and save game corruption seemed to happen for no reason at all. The open world and CASt were cool, yes, but for what price? Waiting forever for the game to load, go sit in a park and wait hours to see three or four people, max. It just didn't work worth a drat in my own experience. I've already dumped a good 12 hours into The Sims 4 and I haven't had the game crash on me once. Hell, aside from one of my sims developing some odd double-jointed issues when interacting with a chair I haven't seen any real glitches in my game either. (Not saying they don't exist, horror-baby screenshots can disprove that well enough.)

• Locked thread