Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peons
Nov 26, 2010

Bieeardo posted:

Are there any recommended settings to improve performance? I picked this up during the Steam sale and it runs like absolute poo poo, from ridiculously long loading screens to terrible in-game lag.

Depending on the town you chose, there are some that can cause sims to get stuck in weird areas and lag the hell out of your game. Overwatch mod will help with this automatically but you can try this fix to see if it helps your lag.

Open the console and do resetsim *, this will reset all sims positions and pre-Overwatch it was one of my main fixes for my town since there were a couple of areas where sims were getting stuck. Didn't really have to do this very often, more of a rare occurrence.

As far as primary expansions go and content bang-for-buck I'd say from top to bottom

Ambitions
World Adventures
Seasons
Supernatural
Generations

I personally don't feel that Showtime / Late Night add much to the game to be worth their cost, but I'm sure there are people that disagree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peons
Nov 26, 2010
IMO putting it on an SSD is a waste of space unless you have an atrociously old hard drive. The main load for the game is really the only place you'd see a difference. I put the install on my latest comp on my SSD and didn't notice a huge difference in load times beyond the title screen load.

• Locked thread