Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable
I love the Sims and Sims 3 fixes almost every problem I had with Sims 2 (except the doughy-rear end freaky doll faces). Almost all the expansions are worth it, aside for Showtime.

Chafey posted:

the Supernatural one is just way too weird sometimes.

This is a confusing opinion. I've always felt that Sims 2 and 3 had been played far too straight until Supernatural. Sims 1 always had this undertone of surrealism. After all, you are playing god in this bizarre little 3D dolls house, where human lives are distilled down to 6 bars. The base premise is weird as hell. All the weird stuff that Supernatural adds has been long coming, at least for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

Pretty much the only thing you can do to mitigate it is not play the game without patience. Open Sims 3, put the kettle on, chill out, open your household, finish the cup of tea you're making, chill out more, play sims.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

MykonosFan posted:

The singular thing that annoyed me the most about the original game is gone, for the career choice I chose, at least. Not requiring friends. My Sims always wind up as shut-in hermits so it's nice for it not to be a requirement.

There are some for which relationship numbers are a requirement, like journalism and politics. Usually you can just slowly power through it without getting those relationships though, and you can also usually chat to coworkers while working.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

The latest update had the following line in it's patch notes though.

quote:

* Fixed an issue where Sims could not use the telescope.

So maybe it's fixed?

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

Met posted:

I have all the primary expansions except for Supernatural. I'm just not sure I can justify 14 bucks for adding Twilight to my game.

Nah man, Late Night is the Twilighty one.
I have two Supernatural families, one of which is a skeptical lesbian fairy who keeps outliving her girlfriends and constantly denies the existance of herself. The other is Sabrina The Teenage Witch, her two aunts and Salem. It's great.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

Met posted:

I'll trust you on this. I picked it up.

If you need more convincing that you made the right decision these were posted in the last thread.

quote:

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

Met posted:

Those are in Base Supernatural? Not any sort of strange modding?

Feeling better about it.

Witches can cast a bunch of curses, one of which is "Toadification". There's also a bunch of hilarious potions too. The feature list is hardly devoid of stuff.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

It's funny, Katy Perry is the only stuff pack that I want to get. I like things that just aren't another boring worktop and another boring sofa and another boring bed. Katy Perry association aside.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

The Sims 3 - She been on fire for several days now and I don't think she will die

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

I haven't got university yet but reading this I can't quite work out what makes the social networking skill so horrible. It just looks like another thing your Sim can do in the game. What am I/this article missing?

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

Darn, got all excited then but of course it's not out till Friday in the UK! :arghfist:

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

I'm a sucker for Sims and will day 1 this without a doubt. (Probably also the inevitable collectors edition again, I have problems.) But that marketing blurb is absolutely awful. If you change everytime it says "Sims 4" to "Sims 3" it reads perfectly. I wish they had said something meaningful.

That said, character creator looks boss. I'll be very glad to get away from slider-hell.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

"Gameplay" video.

Shows off the Spore-like Create-A-Sim, moving entire rooms in edit mode, changing wall heights and some difficult to follow stuff to do with Sims emotions. Still super excited.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

Filled full of too many explosive emotions and they spontaniously combust? :getin:

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

Actually thought you were talking about yours and wasn't too surprised.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

Republican Vampire posted:

We know it was originally a multiplayer game because "Olympus", the WIP build whose screenshots leaked, has a bunch of social/multiplayer features like a chat window, mood bars for different players, stuff like that.

Can you repost these? Not sure I've seen them and I'm curious to take a peek.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

Actually can't wait to pay Sims 2 again. My memories are of good times.

• Locked thread