Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.

Fintilgin posted:

I hate it when it's obvious the EUIII AI has hit some code thing that makes it refuse to make peace under any circumstances. Like you hold one French core and they attack, and you make a peace offer that gives them the core, a dozen other provinces, releases all your vassals, makes every nation internal to you independent, and hands them 10,000 ducats, worth hundreds and hundreds of war score and they still refuse. Then you beat the poo poo out of their army and they're begging for white peace six months later. Way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, AI.

Stuff like this is why I pretty much stopped playing EU3 altogether. It just got too annoying to deal with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

insider
Feb 22, 2007

I feel like I'm missing something. I fabricated claims, declared war with the appropriate cassus belli, siege them, and go to peace out but it says I have no cassus belli on the province and I will get full BB for it.

I'm so confused.

insider
Feb 22, 2007

RabidWeasel posted:

This happens if the wargoal target isn't the war leader, it's kind of weird. Feels like a bug. I wasn't sure if it was just a display issue on the peaceoffering screen or if it actually gave full AE penalty.

So you are saying if I had peaced out with the war leader instead of my target individually that I wouldn't have gotten the BB penalty? This is so weird and not how it worked in EU3 at all. It's going to make what should be quick wars for OPMs last a hell of a lot longer that's for sure.

insider
Feb 22, 2007

Do we seriously not have a dedicated EU4 thread yet? I'm pretty sure we are going to need one.

• Locked thread