Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Miles Vorkosigan
Mar 21, 2007

The stuff that dreams are made of.

ThePutty posted:

To be honest that Dakota thing comes off as really corny but it's your mod v:confused:v

The whole mod is pretty silly so why not? :v:

Personally I will be disappointed if California isn't ruled by Emperor Norton in the mod. It's the right time period and everything!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miles Vorkosigan
Mar 21, 2007

How do you increase the number of possible brigades you can create besides maxing military spending? I'm playing as the USA and despite maxing military spending my potential brigade number hasn't gone up at all.

e: Oh, and how can I prevent Britain from gobbling up the Pacific Northwest? It seems like there's nothing I can do to stop them either during or after their colonization effort.

e2: Ahaha, and like a minute after I post I suddenly gain 3 brigades. Well, still want to know what I can do to get Washington, Oregon and Idaho from those dirty Brits.

Miles Vorkosigan fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Apr 16, 2013

Miles Vorkosigan
Mar 21, 2007

Defeatist Elitist posted:

What's really important, basically, is managing your points. As long as you make sure you always have enough points to stay matched with the British, you can spend the rest of your points taking colonies along the Mexican border (Mexico can't put up much of a fight). The important thing is to not get too far behind Britain, and to stay in it. You *will* win the crisis as long as you haven't alienated everybody, since most of the great powers other than Prussia are not going to want to support Britain.

See this was my problem, I was caught up with Britain and then I lost track of the race for a little bit while Manifesting my Destiny down in Mexico and when I checked back on it they had made all three states colonies. The whole process is a bit micro heavy when your competing with someone like the UK. Not to worry though, shortly after the Civil War I got them back after a fight from the UK and their good buddy Prussia. Ticking warscore is such a godsend for that kind of goal, just take what you want then take out any landing parties they try and send until they give in.

Miles Vorkosigan
Mar 21, 2007

How the hell do you get rid of reactionaries? People are always saying USCA is fun because you can make it into a liberal democracy that attracts a bunch of immigrants, but for me after the first election the reactionaries get elected and hold onto power for decades. What can you do to stop them?

Miles Vorkosigan
Mar 21, 2007

Could someone help me understand how the markets work in V2? Here's an example of what's confusing me: I am the USCA. I am in the sphere of the USA. I want to make some glass so I look at how glass is doing on the open market. It's not particularly popular, with supply outstripping demand by a dozen or so units. I look at the highest producers of glass and see that #1 is the Chinese Empire with over 500 units produced per day. Aha, I think, because the Chinese Empire has a much lower prestige than I do, so in principle my glass will sell before their glass and therefore all of my glass will sell. But alas, the second I open my glass factroy and my unemployed craftsmen flood in to make glass, I find I'm not selling 80% of what's being made. The factory goes into freefall and promptly closes. What exactly is going on here :confused:

Miles Vorkosigan
Mar 21, 2007

Cynic Jester posted:

Is China sphered?

Nope, they're completely independent.

Miles Vorkosigan
Mar 21, 2007

Dammit UK, there was no loving reason for you to join that war except to make it impossible for me to accomplish my wargoal. Next war we have, you aren't going to lose one piddling little colony I promise you that! :mad:

Miles Vorkosigan
Mar 21, 2007

Pinterest Mom posted:

Please repay your loans.

Also read your newspapers, drat

Miles Vorkosigan
Mar 21, 2007

NEED TOILET PAPER posted:

Does anybody know why I can never influence the Chinese Empire? I have all the other Chinese states sphered but for some reason neither my nor Great Britain's influence changes from a solid 0.0 Neutral.

There should be a info box that will explain it, but you get a big negative for having less of a population than they do.

e: like so:

Miles Vorkosigan fucked around with this message at 03:07 on May 10, 2013

Miles Vorkosigan
Mar 21, 2007

Is there any way to grab a nation from another Great Power's sphere without a war?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miles Vorkosigan
Mar 21, 2007

DrSunshine posted:

Crusader Kings 2 Gundam mod.

"Colony Sighted" :getin:

• Locked thread