Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
I'm going to hold out hope for East Vs West cause poo poo I want to play a good Cold War grand strategy game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

Baronjutter posted:

I've never played a paradox game without starting the earliest I can and pay for expansions that let me start even earlier. I want more game! I kinda wish v2 was just a big expansion for EU3 and CK2 was also just a big expansion for EU3. God how I want one fluid game spanning from the middle ages to WWII.

Steppe Wolf

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Sign me up for the Kanga Rat Murder Society.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Have America accept every culture because it's a post-racial meltingpot society. :fsmug:

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

pdxjohan posted:

Here's an exclusive EU4 screenshot for you guys..

Someone please explain the reference to me because I'm dumb.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
At least it's not a modern day Byzantine Emperor.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

ThePutty posted:

Project Armstrong
It's a collaboration with Kojima Productions and Platinum Games to bring us the Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance grand strategy game we've always secretly wanted.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

lullelulle posted:

I think the majority of the neo-nazis on Paradox Plaza are teenagers in their revolting phase, or at least that's the impression I've gotten.

Yeah, I agree. Most paradox posters certainly are revolting.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
How is the yen-per-province ratio? (the true measure of value) Does it compare at all to, say, an english copy of CKII or EUIV?

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
I think the story behind that is that the company that did the localization went out of business and so copies of that are pretty rare noawadays.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
At this rate, when if they get around to announcing Rome 2, nobody is going to believe them.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
At the very least, please just take the senate and civil war system and put it in a different game.

...Or make an official version of Steppe Wolfe so we can enjoy ancient history that way.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Okay get this... what if every POP were a player?

We could turn Vic 3 into the next EVE Online.

edit: No wait... what if every POP were a backer?

We could turn Vic 3 into the next Star Citizen.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

YF-23 posted:

Ugh, Goonstate's demographics are a mess, I've already had my newphews sign up, anyone else with younger relatives should get them to join before our population pyramid gets worse.

God, now I'm imagining a Grey Hunter-style LP of Vicky done in real time.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Time to make Steppe Wolfe for CKII

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

I found something kinda fascinating: some kind of Japanese-made Gundam total conversion mod for HoI2. Even with some kind of map thing to handle the war in space, apparently.

But the real kicker is that there appears to be a series of videos on nicovideo featuring an in-character narrative AAR. I'm kind of amazed it exists.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Where the hell is our Red Alert HoI total conversion mod

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Political Goal: Peace in Our Time - Prevent war from breaking out between Allies and Axis for 10 years.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
The Crete LP owned. Wiz, when Rome 2 comes out please flesh out the character system so that you can play as individual members of the senate. Imagine the multiplayer potential!

(Populism forever )

e: Man, now that I'm looking back at our fan art, what the hell were all these dumb icons even about

Takanago fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Feb 15, 2015

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

Mans posted:

And you better show me the portrait of Stalin and Churchill.

Actually all world leader portraits are just pictures of Hitler in various costumes and hats

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
HoI4 For Kinect: The more jumping jacks you do, the stronger your armies become

Also if the Kinect detects you doing a Nazi salute or uttering the words "Heil Hitler" the game automatically turns itself off

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

GrossMurpel posted:

Is Kane even in the same timeline? I thought the Red Alert and Tiberium games were separate.

Kane is Stalin's advisor in Red Alert 1. In the Soviet Campaign ending to that game he murders Stalin and reveals that the Brotherhood of Nod will get rid of the USSR and come out of hiding sometime around the 1990s, leading to Tiberian Dawn.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Parliamentary politics. It's beautiful... :helladid:

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

Drone posted:

Anyone have a linked to the archived Crete thread? I never read it when it was live and I feel like I might be missing something.

That and trying out Qvadriga makes me kinda want to see what Wiz did to EU: Rome to make it somewhat fun.

Here you go.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
:getin: Oh, yes, Crete.

I always did kind of want to write my own history of how things really went down, but then after that ended I kinda felt like I had already written more than enough words about Populism.

Plus that's already a pretty nice 14-page essay about Populism right there (not that I've read through it yet), so whatever I have to say might be redundant.

...But it's not out of the question. I'm pretty sure that any person involved big-time in that LP really loves to hear themselves talk about pretend greek politics.

(Though I'm not sure if I would want to try to tell the Real Story, or an incredibly Pro-Populist 'Real Story')

e: I really do appreciate that you took the care to properly capitalize The People

Takanago fucked around with this message at 15:48 on May 27, 2015

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

Tomn posted:

Funny that you should be the first person to respond - I'm pretty sure you're the only senator I ever mentioned by name (mostly because I wanted to avoid singling people out for whatever reason, but you were the guy who invented the idea of The People, so...)

Why yes I guess I'll accept the honor of being History's Most Important Populist.

(But really, other people did do a lot of important work for Populism and there was a lot more than me at work there. Wouldn't have worked so well without Gorgo's radicalism to point at so I could be a moderate.)

Anyway, this is a pretty cool read so far. If I don't feel lazy when I'm done looking at it, I'll maybe write a follow-up or a rebuttal or something.

Tomn posted:

An amazing amount of people screaming at each other over the fate of pixelmen, some of whom weren't even properly represented in the game, yes.

Yeah, there were times where that thread got pretty bad. Still a good time overall, though.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Add an event where after the war the player travels back in time to prevent the horrors of WWII. Reset the map back to the 1936 scenario but now everyone has 1945 technology instead and also certain major countries are buffed up in order to provide a more devastating Red Alert-esque scenario.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
I might be talking a little out my rear end here, but I think it wouldn't be too difficult to make the EU4 sandbox fans happy by giving them some scenario even more open than historical 1936. It would most likely be just a mod, but imagine a scenario where all the major powers are more or less balanced, alliances can form in any which way, and maybe the wars aren't always so total.

What I'm saying is, is that I can't wait for HoI 4 Kaiserreich, and I hope that modding is easy enough that we'll see lots of things like that.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Give us Rome 2 then port the revamped senate mechanic over to Vicky 3.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Paradox Presents: Rule The Waves

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
I hope there's Space Communism.

Workers of the Universe, Unite!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Give CK2-style traits and modifiers to everything. Give Pops traits in Vic 3.

• Locked thread