Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Important Question: Will my obscure Balkan duchy be given the ample bonuses and unique features it deserves to accurately reflect how important they were in world history? If not no sale. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Alchenar posted:

Hearts of Iron is a game that should be substantially railroaded - it covers around 10-15 years of history so there just doesn't exists a 'grand scheme of things' for you to change.

Isn't HOI III completely broken in following anything vaguely resembling history?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I wonder what the next Paradox game will be. It's been 4 years since HoI 3, so can we expect a return to that series?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Rome 2 would be just incredible if its dynastic based like CK 2

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

What do they define as a "narrow focus game"?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I hope HoI isn't considered too narrow then.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Danny Dravot posted:

It looks like an absolute wet dream. I assume it's safe to expect great things from East vs. West?

Yeah, sure. :laugh:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Just do more trailers in the style of "The Old Gods."

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Paradox has five teams working atm right? One for CK2 DLC, another for EUIV DLC. Any guesses on the other three teams?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I have Darkest Hour on Steam, which only updates to 1.02 instead of the 1.03 release. Is there some way to install the 1.03 patch or is it not worth the hassle anyway?

Also, what's the difference between a Paradox Account and an account on the Paradox forums?

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Nov 28, 2013

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Yeah ok, I'm not stupid. Is the process the same for updating the STEAM version as it is for the others? Because that launcher is the same no matter where you got the game.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Is producing an aircraft carrier in Darkest Hour supposed to take over 2,000 days? As the United States mind you. That cannot be right.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Well that explains a few things. Is it not worth putting money into the creating public works decisions since it gives you more Central Planning? I cannot see a single positive thing about Central Planning but its cool to put money into developing research and infrastructure.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Nov 29, 2013

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Huh, well I guess I need to do things differently in my early game.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Does having dissent do anything tangible for the US in the early game? Is it worth pouring everything into consumer goods to get it down fast?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

In DH as the US is it worth spending the first few years churning out factories? I can't imagine it would be too useful to just have a bunch of units just sitting around doing nothing for 5 years.

And how should I use planes?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

V3 followed by HoI 4 with proper conversion DLC and then the cycle can be renewed. :getin:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

How do you delete your saves in DH? Where are they even stored?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

uPen posted:

East vs West has more provinces than HoI3.

haha that game is gonna be a train wreck.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

How is it even possible to cram more provinces in there :psyduck:?

Was it East vs West or some HoI mod that added an absurd amount of provinces everywhere, and especially in Africa.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Counters. Lots and lots and lots of counters.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

uPen posted:

It's a very fun game once you get over the scale of it, you just need to mentally compartmentalize it so the scale doesn't overwhelm you. WitW is going to be coming out later this year with a reworked weather/naval/air system and is looking to be incredible since the air system is one of the biggest failings of WitE.

Holy poo poo, actual screenshots from WitW. Are those newly released? Also why does the map include all of Russia west of the Urals if it's focusing on the West?

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jan 7, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

uPen posted:

Because after WitW 43-45 they're doing 41-42 then 40 then WitE-2.0 which will plug in to WitW for a France to the Urals grand campaign at 10 km/hex. :getin:

How the gently caress is the game going to work without completely making GBS threads itself? And what about Africa? And how about then combining the finished WiTWEA with WitP Admirals Edition :getin:

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Jan 8, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Kavak posted:

So apparently Steam finally got around to officially patching Darkest Hour to 1.3. Anyone know why it took them 9 months for something so simple?

Hmm, I manually updated it to 1.3 a while back and turned off auto updates. Now STEAM wants me to update since it doesn't recognize that I already have it. If I allow it to autoupdate will it gently caress things up or just not change anything?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Fuligin posted:

A piece of concept art was posted in the "Nero" project forum. Here. It sort of kills my hopes for Rome II, but raises them in inexplicable hope for a licensed Game of Thrones game.

I wouldn't read much into it, that's just a doodle of the view outside Paradox HQ.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

No matter what it ends up being a lot of people are gonna get really pissed off. I can't wait.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Kainser posted:

The teaser trailer for HoI4 is amazing in it's low effortness:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1bvX2-XrAQ

They should do something like this for the future Vicky announcement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K00DCK1l98

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Darkrenown posted:

You'd think I'd get used to how mad some people get every time a DLC is announced, but nope, still surprised.

Announce a DLC that has a billion awesome cool features that everyone has been asking for for years but makes it mandatory for the player to use an African nation.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Has Paradox received any hate mail, I mean physical mail at their office, because of crazed nationalists? If its addressed to a specific developer does that dev get a bonus for the month?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

Darkrenown may have been outfoxed by his (company's) own UI improvements because you can just click provinces on the map to add them to the offer/demand.

You see, this is what happens when you dumb down your games for those FILTHY CASUALS.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

If you convert a CKII save that has the Roman Empire in control of all of Europe will it still be categorized as unwesternized?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

DrSunshine posted:

Why not just make a mod that makes every nation in the world Western? It'd be really really simple, like a matter of just "find and replace".

ahahah I can only imagine how pissed off that would make the Paradox forums.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Johan and co come to this forum to avoid this kind of bullshit. If they wanted endless nitpicking they'd just stay on the Paradox forums.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Someone find out if that guy lives in Germany so he can be arrested.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Everyone knows that the real reason Paradox doesn't use globes in their games is because they're all flat earth theorists.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

The Pax Romana had multiple civil wars in it.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Cantorsdust posted:

Wargaming is complicated, which isn't the same as complex. Look at Grey Hunter's War in the Pacific thread for a great example. The poo poo UI, total lack of reminders, and modeling down to individual levels of ammunition or plane pilot skill made the whole thing a clusterfuck. Thousands of "lives" we're lost due to careless mistakes.

True, but what other game allows to you accidentally land the complement of cooks and barbers in the first wave on Iowa Jima?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

HAHA the only way it could have ended tbh.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

pdxjohan posted:

We're not licensing our engines anymore.

Suddenly this makes a lot more sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Baronjutter posted:

Was east vs west that horrible amateur-hour clusterfuck where random internet kids were being made country leaders?

Yep

• Locked thread