Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
in those endless war situations I just tag switch and force the losing party to accept the terms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

Guildencrantz posted:

(feel free to prove me wrong)

There are a few (including me) but yeah military history is a dude's thing. I mean I care less about the military aspect of it, then, say, the cultural aspect of it; I liked colonizing all of America as Norway but I could care less about warring against Europe as Austria or something.

Also paradox fans (at least on the official forums) are largely, actually pretty sexist so yup, especially when you bring up enatic succession in CK2.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

James Garfield posted:

I really don't understand why they hate anything that isn't agnatic so much. The Paradox forums even get angry about absolute cognatic succession, when it was historically used during CK2's time period. And disabling a new succession law would be as easy as typing two words into a text file.

They just scream "it's not historical" until they're blue in the face.

The AI never changes it's gender laws anyway, so only the player could use it (but that doesn't matter because of reasons).

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

Kavak posted:

To play devil's advocate, I've always been hesitant about instituting pure cognatic succession in my games because of this scenario:

1. Eldest daughter is married matrilineally, inherits throne.
2. Her daughter is eldest child and heir to throne, is not married matrilineally, children are of husband's dynasty.
3. Daughter's daughter dies and throne passes out of dynasty, game over.

There's probably something I'm forgetting that makes that scenario irrelevant and I'll be using Wiz's Equality Mod when I try CK2 again, but that's why I always stops at Agnatic-Cognatic.

This bugs me, I will often just go into the console and kill off regular married husbands of women heirs, and usually the women will marry matrilineally that time.

This is probably a fix for the AI, though.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
Oh god that is so hilarious. He literally just took that prussian eagle picture and blacked it out.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
or, you know, he was joking.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

Wolfgang Pauli posted:

That is encouraging. I wonder why they aren't putting this foot forward.

maybe that's the stuff that'll be out closer to release? I assume that's the more exciting stuff to the majority of the potential audience for the game.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
I, for some reason, bought a book detailing the poo poo that leopold did in the congo and it legit made me depressed for about two weeks.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

Nuclearmonkee posted:

It's more fun if you change nations each game.

I had a Norwegian game (this was just in EU3) that I tried to colonize all of north America as Norway (which I ended up doing due to rushing for QotNW), and then I switched over to Finland (to go conquer the east) and then 40 years later Norway fell apart and it really depressed me.

Of course this was vanilla, because I forgot how dumb it was so the biggest colonizers were Norway, France, Castille and Sardinia-Piedmont (:psyduck:) AI formed it on it's own and I've never seen that happen.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
Is there a good guide for how to play March of the Eagles anywhere? I tried, but then Russia Prussia and GB all DoW'ed me at once (I was Sweden) so...

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
Would you call said union the Big Blue Blob?

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

Vegetable posted:

I don't suppose there's a way to preorder EU4 such that you get both the PC and Mac versions of the game. I have a Windows desktop and plan to get a Mac laptop, it'd be nice to be able to play it on both.

EU4 is steamplay; which means you have the windows, mac and linux version when you buy it.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
I wonder if they're going to, since they're DLCing this, if they're gonna have a DLC that includes the dynamic renaming of colonial provinces... That was always my favorite part of EU3+.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
Oh yeah, does anyone know if they changed it so whenever Ukraine forms/rebels it's not a tribal nation? That always really bugged me for some reason.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

Beamed posted:

I thought that was to simulate the Cossacks?

Yeah, maybe, but they never survived because of it.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
Looking through the achivement list in the demo, what's the deal with the Ryukyu 3 mountains thing? I know it was in EU 3 but...

I'll enjoy trying for the no trail of tears achievement though :getin:.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I hope HoI isn't considered too narrow then.

God no, I bet once they get HOI4 out with their increased visibility, it'd sell way more than either CK2 or EU4.

Really though I would love a space game... Or a fantasy game, even, with paradox mechanics.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
I wonder how many people in that thread who say they're never gonna buy another Paradox game again will buy another Paradox game again.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
I honestly think the CK2 forums are their best forums. Other than that curry comment I can't remember that much dissent about Rajas besides "this is stupid I want cadet dynasties' or 'gently caress this is going to run like rear end' or even people worried that they wouldn't do India justice.

I mean, that Sunset Invasion thread was high comedy :v:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
Just wait, they're gonna make a grand strategy game with a story by Obsidian.

You thought the crusades were real before?

• Locked thread