Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

ThePutty posted:

Crosspostin' this here because EU3+ hasn't been updated and this was on the second last page of the old thread. Extract it right into the EU3+ folder, and delete the map cache.

FYI, there's some problems with your integration where you've missed properly integrating files or linked to missing graphics files. I've fixed them and properly integrated it into the next version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

ThePutty posted:

Which files did I miss in particular? Always looking to improve my modding skills.

You missed including EU3+'s Aalborg/Lucca provinces, and in the interface folder you had files pointing to Can Omer's title screen (which wasn't included) and a bad link to the minimap that was searching inside a non-existant mod/Can Omer/.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

ThePutty posted:

They were both turned into a province in Iceland and Greenland, respectively, in the original map mod. I turned the second into the province of Luks, as I thought Prussia was relatively weak with only 2 provinces, and being sandwiched above Poland. Didn't know about the graphics problems though, so thanks.

To be specific, I turned Greenland/Iceland provinces into those provinces because I felt either of them having more than one province to be silly.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost
New version with lots of fun new things. Should be save game compatible but it's not guaranteed (EU3 is unpredictable in that regard).

quote:

1.03:
- Non-colonizing AIs who seize colonies during war will now return them after the war ends.
- Non-colonizers who seize colonies will now get a very large penalty to colonial growth.
- Improved AI logic for choosing where to colonize, this should hopefully lead to less patchwork colonization.
- Added new 'national sentiment' events for Ireland and Netherlands where if all Irish/Dutch minors are annexed, their cores are removed and replaced with cores for Ireland/Netherlands.
- Fixed a bug where some CBs would give crazy amounts of prestige due to an engine math error.
- Changed the way accepted cultures work. You can now accept any culture in your non-overseas core provinces through a decision, but doing so costs 2 stability for a culture in your culture group, and 4 stability for a culture outside your culture group.
- You will no longer lose accepted cultures as long as they remain part of your tax base.
- Fixed a bug where some provinces in South America would not get a tradegood.
- Indonesian colonies will no longer produce Chinaware.
- Integrated Can Omer's map. Credit to ThePutty for partial integration.

Download EU3+ 1.03 (mirror)

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Vegetable posted:

Okay that explains -a lot- about why I'm falling behind every other country in production income. Made no sense to me since I built all the production buildings available to me.

Also this, wow

Edit: Another EU3+ question: I have occupied four-province Livorno but only have 99% warscore. The game shows each province's warscore and they even add up to 100%. Is this just a thing to keep nations from annexing each other? If so that blows because I've never seen an AI become Dishonourable Scum.

They're probably occupying a province somewhere. Can't annex a country if they're doing that.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Spiderfist Island posted:

There's a couple of problems in the province history still for the new EUIII+, Wiz. The Ikko-Ikki don't have a CoT at startup like they did in the Azerimod scenario, with a Japanese CoT instead being in Kyoto like in the standard scenario. Additionally, the french provinces in the Azeri LP scenario all have the cores from the standard scenario, which leads to some weird CBs and revolters.

The first is WAD, I felt that all the Daimyos happily trading through the Ikko-Ikki was weird. Which cores are you talking about in the second case?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see what you mean about weird cores. Fixing.

Wiz fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jan 4, 2013

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

run DNC posted:

Rhodes has Knights Hospitaller cores in the azeri start date which is kinda weird. Also Austria having core on Lienz when it isn't actually Austria proper adjacent is sort of silly. Maybe give them cores on Karnten also/instead.

e: Also Castille having cores on Caceres (Order of Santiago) means that the poor monks their get slaughtered.

Fixed, fixed and fixed. Keep reporting these, it's hard for me to track down every single little core error between the two scenarios.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost
Fixes and things.

quote:

1.04:
- Fixed a bug that was causing the national sentiment events to fire repeatedly.
- Added a national sentiment event for Greece.
- Religious decision modifiers (such as Advancement of Religion Act or Declaration of Indulgence) will now be removed at maintenance pulse if they no longer make sense for a country to have because of policy changes or conversion.
- Any countries force-released or released as a vassal by a Revolutionary Republic or Empire should now become a Revolutionary Republic (it may take a few days after release for this to take effect).
- You can no longer settlement policy accepted cultures.
- Accept Culture decisions for cultures you only have overseas provinces of will no longer show up in the decisions menu.

Download EU3+ 1.04 (mirror)

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

run DNC posted:

Eu3+ La Mancha Cadiz and Badajoz have Castillian cores in the Najjars Scenario, and the Baleares is an Aragonese core. Not sure if Sweden is supposed to have cores on all of Finland but they do.

First two are bugs, latter is not.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Fister Roboto posted:

You know what the best part about war in EU3 is? It's being constantly spammed with peace deals from lovely landlocked OPMs, demanding that I give them all my money and release all my vassals and cancel all my alliances. I sure hope war and peace are a lot different in EU4!

This is high on my agenda for "things I am going to ask to be allowed to work on".

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

BBJoey posted:

Hey Wiz, not sure if they've been reported yet but just in case, using the latest version of EU3+ it looks like Luks (in Prussia) is an Italian and Pisan core.

Old save? Some province IDs changed.

EDIT: Did you do a clean install? If not that's probably why.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Vegetable posted:

In my EU3+ save, Finland and Spain have been stuck in a Finnish War of Revolution with Scandinavia for like ever. I can't tell how long without digging into the save file but it's been at least 100 years. Scandinavia is completely occupied, has no overseas holdings and is stuck at -3 stability but nobody wants to make peace. It's completely bizarre to me since it takes a major country out of the game.

Vanilla AI issue.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

DrProsek posted:

Small issue with EUIII+; christian daymios get the decision to become Jerusalem. They can't really do much with it unless they become Shogun and then conquer Judea which I doubt the AI will do but I suppose a crafty play may find a way to make use of it :v:.

Sounds less like a bug and more like a LP waiting to happen.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Spiderfist Island posted:

Wiz, in EUIII+ did you change the building costs back to the original values? When playing as the Qin state the costs of all the military buildings were d48 instead of d24 like in azerimod.

Building costs have changed since Azerimod.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost
Probably just chance, Poland definitely has the potential to grow strong in Azeri but I've seen them fall on their face plenty of times (usually resulting in a Bohemia with utterly absurd borders).

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Darkrenown posted:

You know, I was so excited about MoO3 I couldn't wait for my pre-order copy to arrive in the mail, so I ran out on release day and bought a 2nd copy figuring I could give the other one away to someone as a gift later.

:(

Goddamn. I was incredibly excited about it, but pre-ordering wasn't really a thing I did at the time, so I was actually warned off it by an unfortunate friend who did pre-order it.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost
Out of curiousity, why have you left the central/south american natives alone? You're missing out on a lot of gold.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Friend Commuter posted:

At least attack them and take all their money in the peace deal. They get ridiculously rich, because they have all that gold and nothing to buy because of their awful tech levels.

Not quite true in EU3+ because the new world natives start with 'New World Gold' which is a regular tradegood that gets switched to regular Gold if they are conquered or modernize.

Also Nightblade: Town Halls and City Halls are the answer to your overextension woes.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

run DNC posted:

Friend Wiz, I'm really bad at looking over files to see the affects of events so I would like to ask you, what determines if you get cores when annexing a vassal?

Also maybe bugs: Italy starts without Lombard or anything as accepted culture which might be on purpose, Liege doesn't have a core on Liege but does on Namur, and the A New Elector event calls archbishops monarchs!

clarity edit: im talking about eu3+

Culture group or accepted culture, and will fix bugs.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

run DNC posted:

I thought it was that also but I diploannexed my vassal Anhalt as Thuringia and didn't get a core, both of us were Saxon culture.

Also I've had the same national ideas since like 1410 and still have not gotten the Traditional ideas modifier back in 1547.

It's based on culture of their provinces, not their primary culture.

Did you switch multiple ideas? It's 100 years per switch.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

run DNC posted:

I switched one Idea and the traditional ideas modifier was removed before I switched any idea. Anhalt only had one province and it was Saxon, same as my primary.

Dunno what to tell you about either of those things, I've never had issues with them.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost
Colonial rebels only pop if you have revolt risk in your provinces. The endless no peace revolutionary wars is a vanilla issue I can't fix (yet!).

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

ThePutty posted:

Colonial rebels were fine popping up, it was the Napoleonic revolutionaries in Europe that never came to fruition at all. They were the most likely rebel to revolt, but they never did anywhere. Weird stuff would also happen like the Christianian colonial revolt event happening, only to have the Canadian revolt event happen a few years after replacing the entire culture of what was Christianian with Canadian. You can see in that map Christiania with a few provinces and Canada with the rest as a result. The Vestland colonial revolt event also happened before any of all the other colonial revolters, but it seemingly did nothing at all to Norway's colonies.

If you need any saves from various years, I've got plenty to give out.

Revolution isn't always meant to occur. Honestly rebels have a pretty hard time in the later game because their stacks don't really get bigger but country stacks do.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost
I've noticed Russia underperforming consistently due to the AI being really reluctant to expand. Really not sure what the deal is.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Kersch posted:

Though I've noticed that they expand much more aggressively in the Azeri scenario. They shoot for the Pacific coast nearly every time, it's just the vanilla scenario where they stumble.

Muscowy is stronger in Azeri scenario, so I suppose that makes sense. I might give them Smolensk or something, even if it's not really historical.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost
Just a few misc fixes that have accumulated over the last week.

quote:

1.05:
- Reduced the effectiveness of National Bank, to make it less of a must-have pick.
- Various fixes and tweaks to the history files.
- Fixed various bugs related to colonial revolts.
- The maintenance cost of armies will now increase with higher levels of technology.
- Fixed a bug where a syntax problem in maintenance would incorrectly give Separatism to owner culture provinces.

Download EU3+ 1.05 (mirror)

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost
Haha, I will fix that. Enjoy the prestige.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Zerf posted:

So I guess it's only a matter of time before Wiz starts arguing with Gort about HoI3 and gets probated too...

I will fight to have Crown of the North recognized as the greatest strategy game of all time. Name me another Paradox game that has a crossbow minigame. :colbert:

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

NihilCredo posted:

CK2 sounds are in individual .wav files in \sounds\, so you could just rename the offender or replace it with a blank file.

Easiest way to get rid of sounds is actually to open interface/sounds.sfx in a text editor, find the offending sound and add volume=0 to it. I disable court/religion screen music because music on top of music rarely sounds good.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Darkrenown posted:

PITY WE FORCE YOU TO BUY IT SO YOU HAVE NO CHOICE ABOUT IT! OH poo poo, NOW WE CAN'T DO ANY MORE HISTORICAL STUFF DUE TO THE PRECEDENT! :downswords:

You know we're not supposed to talk about what we do at work, now you've all but given away the 'Rise of the Old Ones' DLC!

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Tomn posted:

Personally, my favorite part was when he compared the Paradox devs to a grown man frolicking naked in a hundred pounds of chocolate pudding.

That's called 'Friday afternoon' around the office.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Alchenar posted:

It's because when you are selling a product that's been fashioned entirely out of the creative vision and taste of the developers it makes everyone a bit nervous that said taste includes something so very tacky.

Seriously? The wallpaper? That's what you choose to complain about?

I don't even know what to say to that.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

podcat posted:

See, we own him now :) Moahaha!

... and another thing, I think the criticism of Hearts of Iron 3 and Sengoku on these forums is unwarranted and excessive...

Wait? Where am I? What's going on? Oh god, help me, I'm locked behind the fake bookcase wall in the meeting room!

Seriously though, I've been reading up on the Paradox forums lately and there's people complaining that our patches have too much free content, that we deign to make a DLC for those boring Pagans that only take up a third of the map, that the 867 start date will somehow force them to never play 1066 again... but none of those complaints are quite as absurd as obsessing over the wallpaper in one of our meeting rooms.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Fintilgin posted:

Communist America should probably turn red too though, just for the fun of it.

Also, it IS pretty funny wallpaper, and you guys are the ones choosing to showcase it repeatedly. It's like something from a comedy sketch, with the fancy stuffed armchair and painted books. :shobon:

It is a funny wallpaper, the whole room is kind of cute, but saying that a silly wallpaper somehow implies something about the quality of Paradox games is... something else.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

DrProsek posted:

Eh kinda. Yeah it is a 867 map but there's giant regions with nothing in them; everything west of Bohemia save for Novgorod, the eastern parts of the Byz empire, the southern Arabian peninsula, Egypt, Ethiopia, and Somalia, and the vast majority of west Africa are all empty. Also the schism has already happened.

The churches were pretty damned separate long before the Great Schism. It's symbolically important but really just confirmed what had already been a de facto split for centuries.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

DrProsek posted:

True, I suppose for the sake of keeping things simpler the schism should already exist but there are other things like all of Rus being Orthodox in 876 that I'm fairly confident is inaccurate and all of Hungary being Catholic which was inaccurate in the 1066 start and it's sillier in the 876 start that I think would have to change for a proper 876 scenario.

You realize the 867 scenario is not done, correct? I was only commenting on the Great Schism thing.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Effectronica posted:

I'm pretty sure that it's hyperbole, but the funniest part about it was that it was a response to a guy asking for PBEM capability with EUIV, by allowing you to switch between 1-day turns and 1-month/3-month turns. Now, I don't have any sort of formal programming experience, but that sounds a little difficult to implement.

You'd have to redo half the game.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Fintilgin posted:

I've been playing EU3+ too, and the one improvement I think would be nice would be if the different levels of Overextention had different names, like either Overextention Level 1 - 10 or whatever or
Mild Overextension, Severe Overextension, Extreme Overextension, etc.

(Can you guess how I'm doing? :v: )

Only if I can name the highest level of Overextension "Jesus christ, just stop conquering provinces you don't need already".

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Torabi posted:

Anyone else who was at the fan gathering yesterday? Great fun to meet the devs. I ran into Wiz as well.

I really want to get stomped in Paradox games again but sadly I have exams. I got to give the Paradox guys a lot of credit though. Not a lot of developers let us sweaty nerds into their offices for free stuff, beer and food.

Also I'm pretty sure I know Darkrenown since I do recall a dev saying he was put on probation not too long ago. :v:

It was fun. Because I was the last person from PDS to leave, I also ended up recieving a bottle of gin to give to the rest of PDS, I figure we'll drink it at next Friday beers.

You're that guy Johan, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost
It was definitely podcat, I remember him talking about his probation. Darkrenown was upstairs temping for the leopard we were supposed to have guarding the publishing wing.

• Locked thread