Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Melomane Mallet posted:

It's really kind of funny how much better Geddoe's dialogue as Flame Champ is than the other two. Hugo is generic JRPG boy hero #3184573, Chris is somewhat better, and Geddoe is...well, you'll see. :allears:
I will only accept Geddoe's speech if he accidentally falls asleep during the middle of it. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Melomane Mallet posted:

It's really kind of funny how much better Geddoe's dialogue as Flame Champ is than the other two. Hugo is generic JRPG boy hero #3184573, Chris is somewhat better, and Geddoe is...well, you'll see. :allears:

--> Perform rousing speech to inspire the hearts of all warriors.
--> Eh.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Renoistic posted:

I'd like to see what kind of speech Lilly would make...

"Listen up, peasants, the Harmonian army is over there, so I want all of you to stop bickering among yourselves and go beat them up for me!"

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.

Brunom1 posted:

--> Perform rousing speech to inspire the hearts of all warriors.
--> Eh.

Option B would get the same results as Option A. Because Geddoe.

EDIT: See, Captain Bravo down there gets it. Someone send that poo poo to Mel Gibson.

Bufuman fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Nov 9, 2014

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
-Screenplay of Geddoe's Inspiring Speech-

[Rabble of defeated troops] slouches in courtyard.

Enter Geddoe, stage right.

Geddoe: "..."

Trooper 1: "Who is that guy? Why is he just standing there, not saying anything?"

Trooper 2: "How can he stand so calmly when the Harmonians are on their way!?"

Trooper 1: "He's... he's not scared of them. He's not scared of anything!"

Trooper 2: "THIS GUY HAS IT ALL FIGURED OUT! LET'S KICK SOME HARMONIAN rear end!"

Exuent Geddoe, stage left.

:v:

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Thanks for making this LP, it's been fun. I noticed a few thing looking through the thread again: is it only on my end or is the pic of Thomas in the OP broken?; I think one of the fan art pics died; and is Suikogaiden still happening?

yokaiy
Dec 25, 2012

What a handsome tree!

Bufuman posted:

As far as I can tell, the thing where characters deal 1 damage with skills simply represents a miss. Skills generally hit more often than normal attacks, but Yuber is a dodgy dick, so skills will typically whiff on him too.

CmdrKing posted:

Best as I've ever been able to figure, command runes can miss. But the animations are elaborate enough that the dodge animation was loving them up, so they just render the miss as 1 damage.

I'd be more upset about that if it didn't mean it were possible to miss with a skill and still kill someone with the 1 damage, I think. But yeah, wow. gently caress you, Yuber. I don't think I've seen anyone else dodge skills like that.

Captain Bravo posted:

-Screenplay of Geddoe's Inspiring Speech-

[Rabble of defeated troops] slouches in courtyard.

Enter Geddoe, stage right.

Trooper 1: "Who is that guy? Why is he just standing there, not saying anything?"

Trooper 2: "How can he stand so calmly when the Harmonians are on their way!?"

Trooper 1: "He's... he's not scared of them. He's not scared of anything!"

Trooper 2: "THIS GUY HAS IT ALL FIGURED OUT! LET'S KICK SOME HARMONIAN rear end!"

Exuent Geddoe, stage left.

:v:

It's beautiful. :allears:

Mraagvpeine posted:

Thanks for making this LP, it's been fun. I noticed a few thing looking through the thread again: is it only on my end or is the pic of Thomas in the OP broken?; I think one of the fan art pics died; and is Suikogaiden still happening?

Yeah on all three counts -- been meaning to get a new picture of Thomas up but I've been super lazy on that front. Same with the fanart.

That said, Raitzeno, if you see this, please re-post your Beardy Thomas picture so I can upload it to lpix and put it up on the OP again!

As for Gaiden, I decided to wait until we were done the main LP before picking them back up, since I'm already super slow even without more games for me to cover. But yes, they will be happening!

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

I can't seem to find my local copy of it. Argh. I'll let you know if it turns up, I've still got a couple other computers to search... it's been a while since I made it.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I like how the threat of the Flame Champion is really what turned the tide of that battle.

CmdrKing
Oct 14, 2012

Maybe if I called it 'Interpretive Stabbing'...
Immolating both sides in a full-scale battle tends to leave an impression.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

CmdrKing posted:

Immolating both sides in a full-scale battle tends to leave an impression.
Randomly dropping giant gently caress-off meteors from out of nowhere also helps to leave a lasting impression.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

The way that I look at it is that perhaps Sarasai isn't sure if it's a bluff or not. If he calls it and it turns out that they do have the true fire rune then it's quite likely that the Harmonian army would be decimated. By withdrawing a chunk of their army, he is ensuring that the true fire rune can't cause as much havoc while still keeping enough troops to be able to overrun Brass Castle.

CmdrKing
Oct 14, 2012

They know he has it; he's working with our friend the Masked Bishop, who saw him with the rune. What they don't know is if he can use it on a massive scale like that. In the lore, it's supposed to take years to learn to use a True Rune to its full potential (note how Suikoden 1 unlocked Soul Eater spells at points in the plot, and Suikoden II required you to get all the Stars of Destiny to access Bright Shield's L4). On the other hand, "immolate both sides of the conflict" isn't so much about control as basically just the rune itself running absolutely wild, so there's a very real risk that despite having had the thing for days he could still deliver on his threat. A bit of prudence was definitely warranted.

Verbose
Apr 23, 2006

Mike believed in the shooting star, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then,but that's no matter. Tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther... and then one fine morning-
So we beat on, subs against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.
And now the game gets good

yokaiy
Dec 25, 2012

What a handsome tree!
Chapter 4.5 - Fly, My Duckling feat. Chris

We find that Chris is a lot less unsure of herself than Hugo was.

When she's at a loss, she knows exactly what to do.

She goes to her room to talk to Louis.

: "What were you doing?"

: "I just wanted to get your change of clothes ready."

Animation nice touch. I think I need an emote for those, actually. I definitely point them out enough.

: "It's only natural. They're your traveling clothes. You've done a lot in them."

There's a spelling error in that line, but I took it out.

Well, you've definitely been to enough places in them that I am sure they smell, at least, but a lot of what you did was getting dragged around Grassland by Nash and cryptic Amazon girls.

I wonder where he ran off to, anyway.

The two share a moment of silence.

: "Lady Chris?"

: "Yes?"

: "Why do you ask that?"

: "Well, when I was first appointed as an apprentice to the only lady knight of the prestigious Six Knights, I was nervous. I thought you might be a very demanding person."

: "Thanks a lot."

: "But, as a person, you're not at all like you are in battle. But I noticed you began to smile a lot less after the death of Chief Galahad, when people began to call you a Zexen hero."

There's another mistake that I took out in that one, but there's one I left in. "Chief" Galahad?

: "You think so? Hmm. You're probably right."

: "It's not in my nature to receive all that attention."

: "Milady."

: "It may be the best way to save everyone."

: "Now don't you go calling me a hero, too, Louis. You're the last person I'd want putting me on a pedestal. I thought you were getting my armor ready, anyway."

: "Yes, milady! Right away!"

Goodbye, wizard hat.

You didn't make that much of a difference anyway.

: "I feel more comfortable in these."

: "Heh heh. That sounded strange, coming from you, Louis. It's rather embarrassing."

: "Oh my, no. I didn't mean it that way."

And then, it was her turn to make a speech.

: "I was born in Vinay del Zexay and have only fought for Zexen until today."

: "In this war, I've seen many things."

: "I thought it was a totally barbaric thing to do. But now, I feel differently."

: "It was ignorance, not knowing about each other's differences, nor trying to learn more. We mocked the Grasslands as a land of barbarians, and they looked down on us as violators of sacred traditions."

: "We have to free ourselves from past prejudices and unite for the cause! Otherwise, that girl from Alma Kinan died in vain. She prayed for this land's protection, and we should honor her wish. I've heard how fighters from the Grasslands, and from nameless lands afar, all gathered together under the leadership of the last Flame Champion."

: "What can be more important than this?!"

: "Yes! That's right!"

: "Yes! We'll never give up!"

: "Yes! The bearer of the True Fire Rune, the successor to the Flame Champion, is here with us! We will win!"

: "This is a time to fight together! Under the name of the Flame Champion!"

: "By the Rune in my right hand, I, Chris Lightfellow, swear that I will succeed Iroh as the Flame Champion and do my utmost to defend this land from all dangers!"

: "Yeah! Oh, yeah!"

: "Flame Champion, Chris! We come together once again under your new leadership!"

: "To protect this land!!"

I'm very proud of her, too.

Strangely, Caesar's line doesn't change no matter who the Flame Champion is.

: "Thanks, but I don't like this kind of..."

Just thought I'd point that out.

After that, we have a strategy battle.

Somehow, I killed everyone. Between this and the boss battle when she first got the rune, Chris seems determined to make her run the easiest for me.

Weird.

The victory dialogue is a little different, so here it is as a wall of dialogue.

: "Yes!"

: "They're on the run!"

: "We win! We win!"

: "Victory!"

: "Don't be so surprised. After all, I was here."

: "Caesar! You were with them?!"

: "Afraid so, Albert. If you're going to help Harmonia, then I will help Grassland stand against you."

: "Still being sweet to weaklings, I see. What will be gained by this? You'd understand if you have the blood of Leon, our grandfather. History is shaped by the individual. Don't you think so, little brother?"

: "Silence! I have no more relation to you. The world will not be the way you want it, on my oath!"

: "Pitiful."

From there, our allies show up, this time after Harmonia has pulled out.

Other than that, Thomas' line changes to

: "Is it, um, finished?"

when he pops in, followed by only Piccolo, with Sebastian and Cecile having their lines cut out.

For winning, we get a Silver Shield, which I guess I'll give to Cecile or something.

The soldiers and warriors all swarm around Chris upon her return.

: "We've survived a series of tough battles, so everyone is in high spirits."

: "What a different reception we got this time."

: "We must remain united to face Holy Harmonia... Just as Lady Chris foretold."

And then Lilly strolls in.

: "I've heard that the Flame Champion is here. Where might I find him?"

: "Lilly! What are you doing here?"

: "I have a little business with the Flame Champion, so I came to the Grasslands. But where is he?"

: "Well..."

:haw: She's so loud that the screen shakes.

: "How can you be the Flame Champion? This can't be true!"

: "As I've explained..."

: "Shut your mouth, old man!"

He's 32. That's like ancient by most JRPG standards, but Suikoden tends to have a pretty good age range, actually. Immortals notwithstanding.

: "Chris, how did you get to be the Flame Champion? Please explain."

: "Yes, milady."

Chris is actually a lot less patient than Hugo, huh.

Poor Salome. Percival gives him a concerned glance before running off after Chris.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

I thought Salome was older, too. Must be that hair. It really doesn't do him any favours.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Delsaber posted:

I thought Salome was older, too. Must be that hair. It really doesn't do him any favours.
For me, it's his facial design. It makes Salome look like he's approaching/already in his 50s, not someone who just entered his 30s. Then again, stress and war can have an effect on how people look. For instance, look at how the last three U.S. Presidents looked when they first took the oath of office, and compare them to when they left office (or in Obama's case, how he looks now). And given all the tension in Zexen, I'm amazed that Salome looks decent enough as it is.

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom
"Chief" Galahad, huh? Must've been that Japanese word for captain. Or honcho.

~Honcho Galahad~

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

yokaiy posted:

Animation nice touch. I think I need an emote for those, actually. I definitely point them out enough.

...worked for me. v:v:v

I've probably said this already, but Chris is the only character I haven't seen go the FC route, so her stuff is all new to me. She's doing pretty well, I think!

booksnake posted:

~Honcho Galahad~

Oyabun Galahad, obviously.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

AradoBalanga posted:

For me, it's his facial design. It makes Salome look like he's approaching/already in his 50s, not someone who just entered his 30s. Then again, stress and war can have an effect on how people look. For instance, look at how the last three U.S. Presidents looked when they first took the oath of office, and compare them to when they left office (or in Obama's case, how he looks now). And given all the tension in Zexen, I'm amazed that Salome looks decent enough as it is.

And while it's not stated in the game, Salome is trying to take care of the corruption problem within the Zexen council. That itself is also going to age you heavily.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

I like how Salome was apparently traumatized throughout the rest of the scene after she called him "old."

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

booksnake posted:

~Honcho Galahad~

Alright, lemme put my :eng101: hat on.

In japanese, people can sometimes call whoever's in charge or the person responsible for them as "Chief/チーフ" - in this case, it's the same as if they called him "Captain Galahad" or "Commander Galahad" (though I believe it's less formal than if they called him with 隊長, the literal title for the CO of a squad, added as a suffix - this is more something the speaker uses when he's friendly enough with his leader that he can afford to drop on the formalities a bit).

My guess is the translators saw チーフ in the original script and simply ran with it.

Mind, they SHOULD have given this more thought considering there are actual tribal chiefs in this world and, unlike the Japanese script which has a different word for them (族族長), the english language makes no differentiation when it's written like that.

The title's already too closely correlated in our heads to the actual tribal chiefs, so you can't use it as they did.

yokaiy
Dec 25, 2012

What a handsome tree!

Brunom1 posted:

Alright, lemme put my :eng101: hat on.

In japanese, people can sometimes call whoever's in charge or the person responsible for them as "Chief/チーフ" - in this case, it's the same as if they called him "Captain Galahad" or "Commander Galahad" (though I believe it's less formal than if they called him with 隊長, the literal title for the CO of a squad, added as a suffix - this is more something the speaker uses when he's friendly enough with his leader that he can afford to drop on the formalities a bit).

My guess is the translators saw チーフ in the original script and simply ran with it.

Mind, they SHOULD have given this more thought considering there are actual tribal chiefs in this world and, unlike the Japanese script which has a different word for them (族族長), the english language makes no differentiation when it's written like that.

The title's already too closely correlated in our heads to the actual tribal chiefs, so you can't use it as they did.

That just seems weird to me, though. Not your explanation -- that makes perfect sense -- but that they would even use チーフ at all. Now, I've never seen the Japanese script (aside from bits and chunks), but from what we've seen of Louis and Chris in the English script, they both seem too polite and formal to use anything but the most appropriate title for Galahad, friendliness with him be damned. Especially Louis.

On another note, Geddoe version coming shortly!

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

yokaiy posted:

Yessss. :allears:

I await his speech and Lily's reaction.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

yokaiy posted:

That just seems weird to me, though. Not your explanation -- that makes perfect sense -- but that they would even use チーフ at all. Now, I've never seen the Japanese script (aside from bits and chunks), but from what we've seen of Louis and Chris in the English script, they both seem too polite and formal to use anything but the most appropriate title for Galahad, friendliness with him be damned. Especially Louis.

Huh, you're right - neither of them used チーフ in that phrase.

A quick google search shows that, on this very scene, Louis calls him 団長. I thought Galahad was the leader of just the six knights, not an actual captain of the entire army, so 隊長 can't really be used (this one implies the leader of a squad).

No idea why they went with Chief, then...

yokaiy
Dec 25, 2012

What a handsome tree!
Chapter 4.5 - Fly, My Duckling feat. Geddoe

Okay, Geddoe, show us something amazing.

I don't think he's really doubting himself right now, but he still wants to talk to his doofus-troupe.

: "Ace!!"

: "I know, I know... I was just joking."

Ace doesn't know how else to deal with such a heavy atmosphere.

I also don't think he was really joking.

Joker cuts in and changes the subject, kind of.

: "The Flame Champion, Iroh, was a comrade whom I fought beside."

: "You knew the Flame Champion?! Wasn't it about some fifty years ago?"

:haw:

: "I'm at least 80 years old. It's an effect of the Rune's power."

That's actually roughly how old Iroh would have been -- were he alive, he'd be 86 I think. I like to imagine that Geddoe stopped keeping track of his age and just used Iroh and Jimba as frames of reference.

"Well, Iroh is like 80, so I'm older than that."

: "Oh, Geddoe."

He hesitates a moment before continuing.

: "The Flame Champion, Iroh, won a fifty-year cease-fire from Harmonia and later died. But I couldn't live the way he did."

: "I grew accustomed to the idea of never dying. Even while fighting as a Fire Bringer, I wasn't living life to the fullest. What good is perpetual life if you're never satisfied?"

Geddoe stops and shakes his head, and a silence falls over the group.

: "So now..."

: "Not for anybody else, but for myself..."

: "Can you return to Caleria to report this?"

: "Huh?"

: "Hmmm..."

: "Intend to remain here. I didn't join the force for the money in the first place."

: "I need something to do before I die."

:stare:

: "I don't want to see Vinay del Zexay burned down, either, you know, so count me in, too. But, let's not drop out of the defense force. I'll find an excuse."

Ace, the king of paperwork and excuses.

:unsmith:

: "We're coming with you, boss. You can't dissuade us!"

You're smiling, you rear end in a top hat, I know it!

: "All right. Let's get started, then. At the moment, the Grasslands and Knights are a herd of sheep without a shepherd."

: "What do you mean?"

: "He will take over as the Flame Champion, don't you see?"

: "Calm down, Ace."

:allears:

Now let's see how Geddoe does being forced into a situation that requires several paragraphs of dialogue.

And we're off to a wonderful start.

: "Once, long ago, there was a man who risked everything to protect this land."

: "You all knew him well. He was the Flame Champion, Iroh."

: "That man risked his life for a woman and brought peace to this land. He hated to be called a hero, because he fought for the sake of himself and those he loved."

I really like this part of his speech, starting with that line.

: "He was a true fighter!"

: "We need to combine our weapons and stand shield to shield, side by side! Just as this man once did, can't we forget our bitterness and fight together to protect what we hold dear? We'll stand with our heads held high."

: "Yes! That's right!"

: "Yes! We'll never give up!"

: "Yes! The bearer of the True Fire Rune, the successor to the Flame Champion, is here with us! We will win!"

: "This is a time to fight together! Under the name of the Flame Champion!"

: "I swear by the Rune in my right hand that I, Geddoe, will accept the will of Iroh the Flame Champion and succeed him in his fight to protect this land from all dangers!"

: "Yeah! Oh, yeah!"

: "Flame Champion, Geddoe! We come together once again under your new leadership!"

: "To protect this land!!"

:unsmith:

Caesar, are you serious? Geddoe is like 6 times your age.

: "I don't really feel comfortable."

And then we have a strategy battle.

I murdered everyone in this version too.

LPers curse, right? That the alternate-runs go better than the "canon" one?

Me too.

Anyway, we get the shield same as in the Chris version, and the lines are all the same aside from Geddoe's, so let's catch up with him back in Brass Castle.

Have you ever seen a team of more grizzled badasses in your life?

The answer is no. No, you have not.

The flood of people crashes upon them.

: "It was a close victory, so they are quite relieved."

Not even. None of my people went down.

Aila cuts through.

: "Not completely but it should be okay for a while."

: "Y-yeah, but..."

The troupe seems a bit uncomfortable with the gesture, much as they love a good toast.

: "Hurry up, let's go! I asked them to prepare for this!"

: "Better not be a toast with milk."

: "Come on!"

He and Aila walk off together.

: "I suppose it would be rude to refuse. Eh, boss?"

Go on, you guys have earned it.

And now, moment of truth. How will Geddoe handle Lilly?

: "Hello? Does anyone know about the Flame Champion? Where is he?"

They're already long gone, Lilly.

:haw:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

As much as I expected maximum :effort: from Geddoe, his speech works well. Here's a guy who was there when Iroh had to do all his legendary antics, and knows what it was like for Iroh the most out of anyone here. Who better to actually rally the troops than one of Iroh's former allies?

Also, his reaction to Lily (or, lack thereof) is perfect. :allears:

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Odd seeing Geddoe that passionate about anything but it comes across like Geddoe held Iroh very highly. I guess the big difference between them is that Iroh was fighting to protect something that he wanted to return to while Geddoe didn't have that anymore.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Testekill posted:

Odd seeing Geddoe that passionate about anything but it comes across like Geddoe held Iroh very highly. I guess the big difference between them is that Iroh was fighting to protect something that he wanted to return to while Geddoe didn't have that anymore.

Well that's because Iroh had... a girl worth fighting for :haw:

I'll see myself out.

Strayed
Mar 3, 2013
Geddoe's version just completely blowing off Lily was perfect. As for his age, if I remember right he says somewhere in the manga that he's some thing like 110 years old.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
111, to be precise. Geddoe was born in IS 364 and this war started in IS 475. :eng101:

While all of those speeches were great, Geddoe's welcome for Lily was perfect. If only I hadn't let my love for the amazingly broken True Lightning Rune lock me out of his route and all of these scenes!

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Like I said, Geddoe's speech is better by an enormous margin. Hugo and Chris' might as well have been the same speech with the specifics switched. Geddoe's actually gives insight to his character and relationships while also being really, really cool.

yokaiy
Dec 25, 2012

What a handsome tree!

Alacron posted:

Well that's because Iroh had... a girl worth fighting for :haw:

I'll see myself out.

Good luck getting rid of me, though. :colbert:

Verant posted:

111, to be precise. Geddoe was born in IS 364 and this war started in IS 475. :eng101:

Investigation and official guide book actually have him pegged for 112. (Maybe he had an early birthday.) Apparently Kidd finds it out by asking Sana, which I find kind of hilarious. Geddoe stopped keeping track, but Sana knows exactly how old he is.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Perfection.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
Geddoe has the best story, characters, and dialogue.

I love that guy.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

yokaiy posted:

: "I need something to do before I die."

:stare:

: "Well, I don't know how many years on this Earth I got left. I'm going to get really weird with it."

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Fister Roboto posted:

: "Well, I don't know how many years on this Earth I got left. I'm going to get really weird with it."

Old folks tend to go that way in their humor, at least the ones I've known. When my grandpa met an old war buddy for lunch they decided "you know, either one of us could keel over before the meal's done" and ordered dessert first.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.

--> Show some happiness for your best friend in the world finding love.
--> Eh.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

So Geddoe wore the eyepatch before he lost an eye?
Well I guess depth perception requires too much effort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CmdrKing
Oct 14, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

So Geddoe wore the eyepatch before he lost an eye?
Well I guess depth perception requires too much effort.

Oh, even better. Suikoden III is actually wholly autobiographical, and making himself a new character model was too much effort.

• Locked thread