Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
I'm in the extreme minority that likes Suikoden III the best. Sure it has its boring moments, but so does every single game in the series.

Only this time you get ducks with axes:black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

This was my favorite part of Thomas' chapters (or any Suikoden for that matter): mindlessly recruiting a bunch of silly characters.

Should have recruited Koroku with Thomas though :(

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

The real true successor of the True Fire Rune should be Koroku. After all, he has the highest natural fire affinity out himself, Thomas, and the three main characters.

However, Konami thought that would make the game too awesome so that part of the game had to be cut out.

That said, I choose Hugo. If a dog can't have it, at least give it to the party with Sgt. Joe.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

Koroku
Futch
Bright
Empty Slot
(room for the best upcoming character in the game)

Big Viki

Jefferson

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

The third dog you recruited, Connie, learns pale gate magic around the low 50s but cannot obtain a head rune slot until level 55. Another thing is that Connie's pale gate skill can reach A+, which no other normal character can reach. Most dogs have poor magic skills but Koroku oddly has B+ in Fire. Yeah, that's right. Koroku is a better user of the True Fire Rune than Chris or Hugo. Of course, Konami can't do something that awesome.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

Well, Kosanji is probably the best dog due to his highest HP and attack totals. Also gets adrenaline power at A+ so if he dies he'll probably get auto-revived anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

Team Geddoe and his mercenaries minus Aila. Replace her with one of the dogs.

Hugo's should consist of three ducks and two dogs.

Chris should be stuck with the worst possible team excluding the dog characters. I don't know who would that be though.

Lord Ephraim fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Apr 22, 2015

• Locked thread