Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

All hail FireLord FlameChampion Zuko

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

UmbreonMessiah posted:

This and so many other reasons is why III is my favorite. Playing III made me really interested and go back to try and play I and II....but I never got very far. Guess they just didn't hold my interest the way III did, who knows? :shrug:

It's the opposite for me. I loved 1 and 2, heck even 4. I'm guessing yokaiy's 4th or 5th update is where I stopped playing.

I've heard great things about the story and characters, but the gameplay just didn't engage me.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

remove my vote for Zuko, I'm siding with the better Iroh

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

yokaiy posted:

Well, that was stupid long. It wasn't quite long enough to have split into two updates though. I'll try and make them shorter from here on out.

On that note, did you know there's a character limit in posting here as well? I was a mere 13000 or so shy of it. Yeah... gonna... make these shorter... Haha...

So we now know there is a smile limit and a character limit. Educational LP this is.

You've now reached as far as I got in my one attempt of this game. I may consider playing it again.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Abitha Denton posted:

Palpatine's behind it all.

No, Old Man Withers, the guy who runs the abandoned haunted lottery stall.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

eh because Ged can't even muster the effort to enunciate the 'm'

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Veyrall posted:

I really wish that Pacu picture was photoshopped. It's not, but I really, really wish it was.

It may well have been edited... for beauty, like airbrushing a slight blemish or beauty mark.

The slight blemish in this case is multiple rows of human teeth.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

FairGame posted:

OK, which one of you is responsible for programming The Weather Channel's homepage?

I didn't. I'd never have thought to put that on the weather channel. I mean, it's the weather channel, not the fish channel. Only a truly depraved lunatic would do that...

Oh, that was serious, and the weather channel has 'branched' out into non weather crap?

I stand by my depraved lunatic statement.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Fister Roboto posted:

Captain Gengen get promotion, now Bishop Gengen! Say "Yes, Bishop Gengen, your grace!"

Or he's cosplaying as Karnak the Magnificent.

*envelope up to his ear*

Thunder
Snowe
Luca Blight

*tears envelope*
A rune, a prune and a loon.

Hey-yo!

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

yokaiy posted:

:magical:

That Furrfly just exploded.

Bloom goes the dynamite

Yeah.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

vilkacis posted:

^ One has a literal ironhead.

Only one person can save us.

He might look different this time around though.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

We may be going the wrong way, or maybe we've found his companion...

Is the blinking mirror larger on the inside than on the outside?

e: Dr. Who and Dr. Huh

FeyerbrandX fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jul 25, 2013

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Rosencrantz and Guildenstern

Bimmy (sic) and Jimmy Lee

Rash and Pimple

This is fun.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

One more... for now.

Kyahaha and Gyahaha

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Happyhappy posted:

Well, no matter how soon before we kick Gilbert and Sullivan out of the party I'm sure we'll run this joke into the Earth's Core first.

I fixed it for you.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

KataraniSword posted:

Bust some heads! :black101:

They have sullied your Hussies' honour, there must be blood.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

yokaiy posted:

Yes, he is one of our 108.
The saddest part of this is that we're gonna need him for something pretty soon, and so he'll be going into our party almost immediately.

God drat, the game just wants to troll the hell out of you every single step of the way.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

yokaiy posted:

Whoops, I'm an idiot. I'll fix the Beast Rune thing. For some reason I thought it was set who went with you in the bad end, so I'll take that out too. :v:

She also saw the Soul Eater and Bright Shield Rune first hand, probably just a little bitter still.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

KataraniSword posted:

Actually, Kosanji > san/shi > 3/4. :eng101: two dogs for the price of one! :pseudo:

4 is also death, so they probably avoided making a Doom Dog.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

yokaiy posted:

Say his name 5 times into a mirror an he will appear. And probably kill you.

That explains why he wasn't in IV; Elanor was too drunk to say it.

"Yuber, Tubor, uber, goober... heh, goober."

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I'd say "keep playing chinchorin and let the winning ride" but then I'd be hearing someone say "It's a STORM So I pay Triple" about 900 too many times. I'd probably turn into some psychotic Luca Blight like person. "STORM PIG AHGHAHGHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Elric posted:

What is the Soul Eater Rune good for? That thing is capital E Evil, why didn't Luc destroy that one?

Since there isn't an opposing rune to that, it probably isn't that easy to destroy. Especially since Tir is likely bad assed enough to withstand Yuber and Lucs attack, also considering if they could find him.

Kind of shocked Geddoe went down that easy, but I could imagine Chris and Hugo being easy to take it away from. The elemental runes and their Rock-Paper-Scissors-Lizard-Spock relationship would allow him to nuke himself, plus since it'd be in the center of that magic circle it wouldn't be able to get away, rather than if he just used the True Earth rune or some other unilateral attack that would let it slink or get blasted away.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

The Dog, that poor poor dog, you monster you killed the dog! :argh:

Seriously that was the best display of thespia I've ever seen.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Does Yuber have heterochroma, or is it just a trick of one eye being obscured by his hair?

quote:

Speaking of that shot, you used it twice.

You meant to wedge that one in there too:

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

CactusMan posted:

Got 1-3 on the PSN a while back and at the moment I'm nearing the fight against Luca Blight in 2.

Can't wait to see the ending!

Godspeed.

Just remember, it's a marathon, not a sprint.

Hope you're not like me and know its called a marathon because someone loving dropped dead running that far

I mean its completely over-dramatized and a complete cakewalk full of kittens and bunnies.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Don't read Journey to the West. It took me a very long time and I deeply consider it a waste of that time. Despite being pretty similar to Don Quixote, which I like, in format, it just seems incredibly tedious.

While the bits of Don Quixote that aren't great (poems and such) can be easily skipped. Journey to the West seems to be a labor to skip the meaningless parts.

What I read of Romance was alright.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Verant posted:

~*Sun Wukong does the righteous thing and saves the others*~

It's not quite that repetitive.

Sometimes Sun Wukong fails and basically every God and Goddess ever needs to fight the random demon to save them.

But only after the poem about what the demon decided to wear that day.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

poo poo, Yokaiy said he finished the game in May? Please still let this be a thing.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

My personal favorite. Have to wonder if its just a localization joke on Animal House and its related epilogue things, or the original meaning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Poque posted:

What's the good news?

Konami has released something that isn't pachinko is pretty good news.

• Locked thread