Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Ettin posted:

Do you have a particular ending in mind for Maria and/or want me to NPC her? :v:

I dunno, I liked the "she got popular enough to get her own video game spinoff" idea. :)

As for NPCing, sure if you think you can use her. You know my next PC also works for Hakurei, so that should make her an convenient contact for occult stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
I'm assuming this fight is our way to get the blood we needed, so I'll share my cunning backup plan: we get someone really shitfaced while we were out at the club, then get them to agree to Mina hacking some administrative servers and changing their name to Kaiya Harajuku. Then just drain 'em and leave 'em in the bathroom somewhere. This is not creepy at all.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Desty posted:

I'm assuming this fight is our way to get the blood we needed,

Sure, why not!

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Waiting on MadRhetoric to update TE, unless you're waiting to see the results of everyone else's attack, then I will post :v:

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Hurry up and shoot some Nazis, Mad.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Libby should have the right ID and callsigns to prove she's OOI. (If you have a specific way you want to do it go for it!)

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Hey, Destrado, mind if i use (one of) your manuver tag(s)? The boss has a 4stress, a mild, a moderate, and can soak an additional 1 stress due to mooks, plus Denis' +2 shield as well as hits Athletics+2 dodging.

That means Storms needs 13 shifts (16 reduced by 3 flamethrower damage,) to have a 50% chance of oneshotting him.

Also, and despite the fact I forgot to bring the body armor and said I'd farm advantages and despite the fact that they have a stunt designed entirely to gently caress Storms up I appear to be wading right into the nazi pit. :psyduck:

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Jan 14, 2014

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Meanwhile I'm once again trying to fight the just-as-fast, almost-as-tough-as-me Hyperborean swordswoman who can now apparently shoot lightning or some dumb anime bullshit...with my bare hands :getin:

Set all the Nazis on fire, Ranbar. Nazis can't get you if they're on fire.

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

I thought, What a nice little city, it suits me fine. It suited me fine so I started to change it.

Ronwayne posted:

That means Storms needs 13 shifts (16 reduced by 3 flamethrower damage,) to have a 50% chance of oneshotting him.

That Storms, so underpowered :allears:

And may as well use them, it'd be in keeping with the Black Lagoon reference for him to get oneshotted while monologuing.

Destrado fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Jan 14, 2014

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

trix, did you just zone attack the zone we're both in :stare:

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Run away, Storms.

I dunno, I'm basically going with what happened during ninja raid and assume it won't hit you if you're far enough, even in the same zone. Then again, that was a huge field of grass back then. :x

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Eh, I'll suck it up. He's got a 4 box.

Then he gets shot with the Boss's +3 attack.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Every time I read an Ando post I start giggling hysterically. I may have a problem.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
The problem is not enough Ando posts.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
PT: Just a heads up that Ponpokonā doesn't need to use up another turn getting in range before she can decapitate PJ, so if you all decide to create advantages you probably want some that will help him not die.

(Waiting on Santiago, Marcus, Aidan and Libby!)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

WHERE ARE THE OTHER POSTERS

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Sorry, I was waiting for the more combatty-types to go first, let them take the lead in shaping the showdown.

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

I thought, What a nice little city, it suits me fine. It suited me fine so I started to change it.
The trick with Ando is to come up with a joke tag name, then work backwards.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

I am seriously glad we changed the dial away from Magical Girl before this boss fight.

(Thanks plutonis!)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
So to back off from spamming the chat thread:

I can't honestly say I ever felt the need to figure out what's going on with Your Best Friend. He's there, he's creepy, we get to abuse him and then we get some plot. Is there really anything more that needs doing or saying?

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

I assumed he was the quest giver that turns out to be the big-bad.

That or some kinda No John You Are the Demons thing.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
It turns out he's just a really, really rich goonlord. The banality of anime, if you will.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Desty posted:

I can't honestly say I ever felt the need to figure out what's going on with Your Best Friend. He's there, he's creepy, we get to abuse him and then we get some plot. Is there really anything more that needs doing or saying?

I had some things planned for Your Biggest Fan in case anyone actually investigates Kurokami or Mizuki or something, but if you don't (probably even if you do) his specific deal doesn't matter. NyarlathoTech's themes are mostly pretty meta and YBF is the face of one of them. He doesn't need a compelling explanation, he just needs to be there, telling you how much you guys own and how Yotogi's death isn't a huge loss in the same breath.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

:siren: This applies to anyone reading Transeldritch who isn't actually in it. :siren:

So what just happened is the bad guy, who had previously made a bargain with Shuizn to trade some of his aspects for other boosts, just sacrificed all his aspects - effectively removing himself from the mortal world - to allow Shuizn into the area for the briefest of moments, hoping the being would do him a solid and complete the Thule Society's goals. This might actually happen!

Here is the trick: Shuizn's deal is that it exists outside of this setting, and wants to force its way into the universe and insert its own canon into the proceedings. I want to have some fun with this, and so I'm going to go and ask everyone reading this who isn't in Transeldritch - spectators/lurkers and members of the other games, though I'll prioritise the former - to suggest what should happen. :getin:

The only real caveats are that Shuizn can't summon Cthulhu or something, the PCs are immune from major changes, and Shuizn can't touch the anime stores or their employees. Besides that, I am willing to summon NPCs from other games (not necessarily NTech games), create new NPCs and drop them in, alter or relocate existing NPCs or factions, add or change plot events, add or remove locations, resurrect the dead, etc. etc. Feel free to surprise me!

If anyone in Miami wants to change the rules we're using now is also a good time.

I will give this a couple days, maybe more if the players want to wait and hear more or talk about the game or whatever.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I honestly can't say I was expecting this to happen.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I'm reminded of the original Paper Mario, where Bowser enters the storybook by taping one of his magikoopas to the page.

In that vein, I suggest taking a page from a D&D manual (Or other RPG) and inserting it into your Fate/Dresden rulebook, and treating everything upon it as a part of the game. Or... a page from another thread, and treating that as canon happenings.

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

Kai Tave posted:

I honestly can't say I was expecting this to happen.

I'm not even sure what is happening, so I can't guarantee I didn't expect it all along. Whatever it is.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
For the benefit of all our noble readers (all four of you, hi mom), here's the post that summarizes Miami's various aspects, organizations, and NPCs as they currently exist pre-magiclusterfuck.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

(Psst. STOP POSTING until Ettin does his thing. It ain't your turns. Kai just posted an IC reaction, not an action. I know you're physically incapable of not rolling Ranbar but cool your heels.)

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

oh fine

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Part of it is that something Ettin revealed in the chat (WHICH HE FORGOT TO POST IN HIS UPDATE BY THE WAY) is that as part of the critical shift he's going to be changing the collateral consequences we took into something(s) else. So both the gutshot magical girl and the overloaded arcology power grid will be retconned into exciting new problems for us to deal with instead.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Not like I'm gonna be using that talisman again. v:shobon:v Anyway, I'll stop.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
Why are you gunning down magical girls.

Jesus christ, Miami.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
No, we didn't shoot her, neo-Nazi occultists shot her which you would know if you actually read the game.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I'm mostly just saying to preserve your turn so you can react to whatever our new and exciting circumstances are. (Suddenly everyone is in a High School classroom and Mr. SHUIZEN is assigning us roles for the Cultural Festival! Should we do a haunted house or a café?!)

:japan:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Wait what the hey is going on?!

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Plutonis posted:

Wait what the hey is going on?!

animes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

From a different life, a change in path leads to alternate possibilities...

Argent

Major Skills:
Guns, Stealth, Weapons, Provoke

Aspects:

Murder Master, Literally Heartless, Cyberdemon

Stunts:

Single-Minded Murder
Argent may Mark a target by placing Aspect Dead Man Walking on them (in the usual way.) Attacks on that target and that target only may invoke that Aspect for free. Only one person may be marked this way at a time. Death knocks.

Dark Triad
When any intelligent opponent is Taken Out Argent immediately gains Aspect The First of Many with a free tag. A new free tag is added for each new opponent Taken Out.

Devouring Dragon
Every inch of Argent's skin buzzes with terrifying magical tattoos. Once per scene, Argent may remove an aspect created using magic without rolling or using an action as it is consumed by his tattoos.

K Prime fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jan 24, 2014

• Locked thread