Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jbk613
Jul 16, 2006
Do you guys know where I can buy some gold? It's gonna take forever to get a mount..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

antman
Nov 1, 2011
So, did anyone else have trouble logging into the server initially?
I created an account on the website, set my realmlist, and when I try to login in game it gives me the bad username/PW message.
I've done this before for Rebirth and never had this issue.

Fixed, just had to use the ED connection patch.

antman fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jan 9, 2013

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Jbk613 posted:

Do you guys know where I can buy some gold? It's gonna take forever to get a mount..

Youre probably joking but just incase your not

Tanners posted:

:frogsiren:x1 rates, No Donation,:frogsiren:

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Phraggah posted:

I found out that the addon pack in the OP is missing a few key addons (such as Cartographer)

I found this addon pack which was either from Rebirth or the old ED OP and have rehosted it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?3hv6ove8rozymdr

Enjoy!

added that to the OP

clams
Apr 10, 2007

rawr.
I played with a lot of these guys on rebirth. By far and away the best group of guildies I've ever gamed with. ~check us out~

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!
Urgh, gently caress it, ok.

Goddamn WoW addiction.

Camper Down
Nov 19, 2002
I like to cuddle
So, I never played WoW, but I'm trying this out.

One question, though: None of my addons are working, or I dont know how to activate them. When I click on the addons button at the loading screen, only one shows up, and then it gives me an error when I actually log-in.

I've un-zipped all the addon files into the addon folder. I'm assuming I'm stupid.

meecrob
Jul 3, 2007
I'd scarf down a whole wet bucket full of shit before I ate another plate of meecrob.

Camper Down posted:

So, I never played WoW, but I'm trying this out.

One question, though: None of my addons are working, or I dont know how to activate them. When I click on the addons button at the loading screen, only one shows up, and then it gives me an error when I actually log-in.

I've un-zipped all the addon files into the addon folder. I'm assuming I'm stupid.

Yeaa... don't use them all at once.

Jbk613
Jul 16, 2006

Tanners posted:

Youre probably joking but just incase your not

awww, but I missed buying gold on vanilla servers back in the day!!

Camper Down
Nov 19, 2002
I like to cuddle

meecrob posted:

Yeaa... don't use them all at once.

So if wanted just the VanillaGuide I should delete everything else?

Are there certain ones I should use as a total beginner over others?

Neuntausend
Sep 11, 2012

Wir werden alle sterben.
The pack contains archives, you have to extract every single one of them so it looks something like this: World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns/youraddon/youraddon.lua

Only then they will show up in the game. If some of them are marked out of date you can check "load outdated addons" and try if they work anyway.

As for which ones to use: The Vannilla Guide is not very good, I wouldn't use it. Extended questlog is nice, because it makes your questlog so much more clear and useable. Bagnon does the same for your Bags. Metamap enhances your map. Everything else will come to you over time - you will know you need an addon when you miss a feature.

Neuntausend fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jan 10, 2013

BiggerThanPete
Nov 11, 2012

Guys, I'm going in.
Some healing addons.

*NOOBS* For those that haven't really played much or played a healer much, mouse over healing is the way to go. You can hover over a players health bar and press your heal key and it will send a heal to whomever you are currently moused over. This lets you keep the tank targeted continuously without having to re-target when healing other players. This also works for cleansing (though I use decursive instead). A raid frame like grid makes it easy to watch the raids health and move quickly between health bars. Grid is configurable to show this such as incoming heals, but most importantly it shows, with a little red square, who has mob agro. This can make healing tank switches almost trivial as you just switch to whatever tank has the little red dot! You don't even have to wait for them to take damage to figure it out.

Some player over at wow-one reworked mouse over and grid for 1.12 and here are the links.

Mouseover
http://www.wow-one.com/forum/topic/13808-introducing-classic-mouseover-cm/

Grid
http://www.wow-one.com/forum/topic/16263-introducing-gridenhanced/

Decursive should be in the giant addon pack.

With these 3 things, being a pro healer is easy.

Neuntausend
Sep 11, 2012

Wir werden alle sterben.
Decursive is almost like cheating, blizzard removed the functionallity in the next patch. :D

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

'Startocaster' is more fun to say than I expected.
Speaking of decursive. I remember having a macro of some sort in which all i had to do was hit a single hot key and it would remove a status ailment from anyone in the party (or possibly raid). I dont even think i had to target or know what the status ailment was. But that might have been because Paladin had a catch all spell for removing status effects. I seem to remeber this being a private TBC server, if that somehow makes a difference to being possible or not. I suppose its possible it was a different mod as well.

I remember that button being a godsend in pvp. Not that i was ever good at pvp.

Purgey
Nov 5, 2008
Finally got this thing up and running! Never played a warlock seriously in vanilla or ever, really.

In as GHOSTDAD in honor of the finest film ever made:

zipzop zoopity bop

DB05
Jun 24, 2005
Summer Time
drat you, WoW. I didn't even need to DL the client, still had the .rar on this computer.

In as Rourk, paladin.

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

Can anybody log in currently?

ShockDawg 2L
Mar 4, 2011

I made a few characters since this server allows boxing.

I just dont have a lot of time to play. Will take me a while to hit 60. You can catch me rollin with 4 humans (warlock, 2 mages, priest) when I'm actually online: Blackice, Blackchrist, Blackmagic, Blackdaddy,

FutuerBear
Feb 22, 2006
Slippery Tilde

lapse posted:

Can anybody log in currently?

It indeed looks like the login server is down. Or more eloquently put:

Emerald Dream Forums posted:

Login server down...fix pls...like the 3rd time today...and you want us to vote for this bug ridden piece o crap? I don't think so...

rawr im a tree
Jul 4, 2008

FutuerBear posted:

It indeed looks like the login server is down. Or more eloquently put:

Now how are we suppose to play nightcrawlers?

Neuntausend
Sep 11, 2012

Wir werden alle sterben.
drat, I got disconnected. Game over. :(

stfu salad
Feb 28, 2005

"I created the universe, the automobile, and even your father's narrow urethra!"
Was able to finally log in this morning, after some weird errors. About 2 minutes later, got disconnected and now the server refuses connection.

Is this a sign to go back to Rebirth?

mewse
May 2, 2006

Dual boxing mewseofwar and mewpeace

mewse
May 2, 2006

I wrote a python script that can decode wowhead talent build links from the old vanilla threads and turn them into wowprovider URLs

http://pastebin.com/LsXTxgbb

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

stfu salad posted:

Was able to finally log in this morning, after some weird errors. About 2 minutes later, got disconnected and now the server refuses connection.

Is this a sign to go back to Rebirth?

Weird, I haven't had any issue all day today.

Logged off a few times and got right back on without an issue.

DB05
Jun 24, 2005
Summer Time
Seem to be down again.

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

DB05 posted:

Seem to be down again.

gently caress,

I logged off to go on Rebirth to give people enchants.

Now I can't get back on :(

And on Rebirth, either it's not working, or I'm IP blocked for some reason.

macdonal hamborkles
Mar 29, 2010

Twerk it good!
It's a sign that if you want even the most basic tech support in your MMO's you have to pay for it.

eager beaver
Jan 13, 2004
I SHOULD BUY A NEW AVATAR. GIVE THE FORUMS ALL MY MONEY.
Yep I just logged out for a restart and now the login server is down.

Jbk613
Jul 16, 2006
thanks!

Jbk613 fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Feb 24, 2013

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009
I played with Tanners and a lot of others on Rebirth and our brief stint on that TBC server. Anyway is there any classes that we really need? I don't want to play a class we have 100 of already.

stfu salad
Feb 28, 2005

"I created the universe, the automobile, and even your father's narrow urethra!"

Suran37 posted:

I played with Tanners and a lot of others on Rebirth and our brief stint on that TBC server. Anyway is there any classes that we really need? I don't want to play a class we have 100 of already.

From what I can tell, there aren't a LOT of dedicated warriors. Same goes for priests. But, in all reality, just play what you want to as long as it is a female Dwarf.

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

We also lack rogues, strangely.

stfu salad
Feb 28, 2005

lapse posted:

We also lack rogues, strangely.

Because that level 10 quest is bullshit. (I was a rogue initially)

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009
Is the server down? I don't seem to be able to login.

stfu salad
Feb 28, 2005

Suran37 posted:

Is the server down? I don't seem to be able to login.

Login server is still having issues. I do a ping test every now and again to see if it is up, but no dice for the last few hours.

You can follow updates about what is going on at their main forum: http://www.wow-one.com/forum/3-news-and-announcements/

Neuntausend
Sep 11, 2012

Wir werden alle sterben.
At least now we know they noticed the issues at all.

Alavaria
Apr 3, 2009

Neuntausend posted:

At least now we know they noticed the issues at all.
Good to know. The server finally disconnected me arghhh

Alavaria
Apr 3, 2009

stfu salad posted:

From what I can tell, there aren't a LOT of dedicated warriors. Same goes for priests. But, in all reality, just play what you want to as long as it is a female Dwarf.
The funny thing is, we have so many warriors (excluding the banks, of course) and priests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009
I have been reading the Feenix forums while I wait for the server to come back up. Apparently some guy wrote a QuestHelper-esque Addon for 1.12.1 here.

In fact there are a few interesting ones in the addons forum, apparently some guy makes them for gold.

Suran37 fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Jan 13, 2013

• Locked thread