Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JollityFarm
Dec 29, 2011

folgore posted:

I'm pretty sure whoever draws those crystal hand comics does so as a joke but I have no proof to back this up beyond my gut feeling. It just seems like some guy trying really hard to be creepy and parody the endless amounts of MLP and Homestuck fetish fanart on the internet.

I'd like to think it's not fake. I don't think you can manufacture something so unsettling purposefully. It has to be organic and cannot be self-aware. You can tell there's intentionality behind some creepy things (I just discovered Al Columbia's work and it's a good example of this calculated horror, likewise with Throbbing Gristle's body of work, or Harmony Korine's, or Alex Pardee's, etc.), but other stuff, like JustinRPG and foreverial permanent ham and cheese guy, are like the modern equivalents of 'In the Realms of the Unreal.'

Anyway, sorry for the rambling/baseless navel-gazing. Have some content.

Happy Fourth of July, patriotic Americans! Have some erotic Obama/Sarkozy fanart.

(If you want an a few hours of fun, Deviantart search 'political slash,' or 'Obama slash.')

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollityFarm
Dec 29, 2011
This thread has moved me. I could only express my passion and appreciation through art.

It's fanart of the fanart thread. Hopefully you will be moved in turn.

JollityFarm
Dec 29, 2011

Shadeoses posted:

Needs more 9/11.

Dang you're right; I'll photoshop it in. And add a watermark so nobody will steal my original work.

JollityFarm
Dec 29, 2011
I hope I got these edits in before the joke gets played out!

Added: crystals, 9/11 bologna towers, all painstakingly GIS'd and put together in MS Paint and Photoshop (1000+ hours). And a watermark, so nobody takes my art.

ETA:
Resized so as not to stretch the tables.

Also I love everyone else's amazing fanart fanart. The 'several figures in the dark yearning for salvation' has a very Goya's "Saturn Devouring His Son" vibe to it, especially in the eyes.

JollityFarm has a new favorite as of 07:33 on Jul 18, 2013

• Locked thread