Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Fandyien posted:

How do people come up with this stuff?

I'm guessing that one was "random poo poo I had lying around that I could pose into a tableau and then attach a goofy narrative to." Also, it owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Drake's has a bullet hole in it! Just throw it out, Nate, poo poo's useless.

I'm more concerned about Kratos's being on fire. Those things are supposed to prevent the burning crotch, not cause it!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

God bless you, Deviantart.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Friends Are Evil posted:

:stare:

Existence is pain.

More bizarre photograph-based fanart could use nonplussed cats hanging out in the background. It adds a delightful element of :catstare: to the tableau.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

morcant posted:

Is that the main character from Atlantis: The Lost Empire? :catstare:

My first guess was "Egon Spengler fuckin' Freddy Mercury at a rave," but you're probably right.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

CherryCat posted:

What the gently caress does "rantam Japanese" mean? Is it supposed to say random? I don't know why this irritates me so much.

They appear to have forgotten the dakuten diacritic mark to turn the "ta" into a "da," unfortunately. Also, their "n" katakana is rendered such that it looks more like "so," which led me to stare at it for a while being like "rasotan? What in God's name were they trying to transliterate?"

(I know, I know, :goonsay:)

For content, I decided to try the "search DA for favorite band" trick, and while thankfully there appear to be no terrifying Mountain Goats ponies, there's a little bit of weird stuff:

Apparently the Best Ever Death Metal Band Out of Denton could only afford a toddler-sized drum set? Or Cyrus was just twelve feet tall?

Crazy-eyes John Darnielle!

Sad Superjail wallpaper!

Something from some Sherlock fanfic or other, not even bothering to finish the chunk of lyrics they're using! Also inexplicable without context!

An entire super-Deviantarty comic about TMG's weird Mario goof song, because there's nothing you can't turn into an extremely serious Deviantart comic!

And, of course, whenever you search for anything on DA, you will find someone's Sonic character. This is "Ram the Mountain Goat," and no, I don't know why he's wearing ice skates.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I don't even know why I like this one so much, but I do. I think it's Coolio's expression -- he's as confused as the rest of us about this, apparently.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

An impulsive search for "somebody that I used to know" on DA turned up sheer gold. Here's a sampling.

It's cool to post Homestuck here, right? Because of course Homestuck was in on this poo poo:

People cared about the Lorax movie for some reason:

Emo bats?:

Scene dogs!:

"It'll look like the video if I just scribble some colors and put lines on their faces":

At first I thought this was a Naruto guy. I think it's actually a Bleach guy:

Low-effort Glee:

Some goddamn uncomfortable Adventure Time:

More Adventure Time (according to the artist's comments, this pairing is called "Bubbline?"):

Even more Adventure Time, now with :effort: MS Paint text:

There's always room for the goddamn Lion King:

The inevitable Sonic:

And finally, the even more inevitable:

I saved that one for last because it has the most fantastic artist's comment, reinforcing the importance of working out your resentments in life via pony fanart:

"This is something I came up with after randomly finding this video. It reminded me and the people I have met in my life as I imagine every meets someone like that. Basically I use to know so many people who would screw me over so eventually, I don't even speak to them anymore because they are not wiling to change their ways. It happened in school and even in college. I have friends that I know now that I can always rely on but I'm not going to have people take a piss out of me or control me because I don't want to live that way. After hearing this song from the video in the link, I felt sad yet glad that I,m not around these people anymore. But I guess thats life."

My search suggests that "somepony that I used to know" would yield even more of this crap, but I don't think I have the fortitude for it.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Yeah, the crystal-hands guy is really unnervingly good at conveying the sort of haggard, weary despair of chronic illness, even if that chronic illness involves crystal IVs and quasi-anthropomorphic My Little Ponies. Somehow the dude's art skills being at best rudimentary makes it worse; it's one of the best illustrations I've seen of the power of bad fanart to become full-on outsider art and end up in a new, terrifying place for it.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I can't even parse what I'm looking at here, which makes it the best kind of fanart. Seriously, though -- what am I looking at here?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

crowfeathers posted:

I... I'm not sure I understand what's happening here.

I love the tiny reception guy in the second panel, who looks freaked out but not really sufficiently freaked out. "Well, crap, another inflation swole fight. Guess it's time to head for the bunker."

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

The only thing better than Christian furry art is Christian furry political cartoons:

"how many of you stand with me? how many of you realize that America is rotting from the roots? the economy, society, politics, everything is rotting because our roots aren't in Christ as they once were? 24 hours on channel 10 news, and you will know that America has disintegrated, fallen away from Christ, our roots.

if you wish to say the Bible is racist (eg slavery): God says to treat all men equally
if you wish to say the Bible is a stupid flawed book that belongs in old fiction sections of libraries, read Jonathan Cahn's the Harbinger.
if you wish to hate in any other sort of way, you are letting me know i am doing something right. "If the world hates you, it is because they hated Me first." - Jesus Christ.

God bless you all."

This dude also has a fanfic about a wolf in a Camaro impeaching the U.S. government or something, but I didn't have the intestinal fortitude to read it.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

To get to Sonic's nude room, he has to walk through Tails's bedroom, too. Is it still awkward at this point for Tails when Sonic walks through his bedroom in just a bathrobe, clearly ready for some quality nude time, or has he become resigned?

EDIT: Wait, if Sonic were wearing a bathrobe, he would actually be more dressed than usual. I definitely shouldn't be thinking about this.

Antivehicular has a new favorite as of 19:34 on Jul 7, 2013

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

The tiny arrow and "Me" is by far the best, because honestly, otherwise I might have missed that there's a goddamn self-insertion in that pile. Dang!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

SynthOrange posted:

Oh poo poo I broke my horse

Oh, God, they even stole the goddamn "high-blood"/"low-blood" blood-color thing from Homestuck, except just making it appropriate Juggalo purple and not a full color spectrum. That is impressively lame.

If I could draw, I'd totally be drawing some art of Latawnya the Naughty Juggalo Horse drinking Faygo with hooves right now. It's probably for the best that I can't.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

An important reminder for the furry fandom (kinda-:nws:, but if the Sonic toilet is okay, this should be no issue):

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Lizard Wizard posted:

Is that an anthro pony wearing a fedora?

I think the pony in question wears a cowboy hat in the show, so that's his attempt at drawing it. Clearly he spent all his attention to detail on his nasal cannula and pony-doctor's blue nitrile gloves (I guess ponies have latex allergies?).

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Dogdoo 8 posted:

Is it bad that their buttwings bother me than anything else in the picture?

There's really so, so much to be bothered by that you can start anywhere. My first question was "how in the world do they put on their shoes?"

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Friends Are Evil posted:

Who still makes "the cake is a lie" jokes in 2013? DeviantArt, that's who.

All this needs is one Shiba and one "wow," and it could be in the macro thread. :shibewow:

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Why the gently caress does Linux need ponies? What the ever living hell can ponies add to a Linux distribution that couldn't be done by theming Unity/X/whatever window manager you use? WHY?

It's actually pretty simple if you understand the people involved. Linux dudes think that everything needs Linux; bronies think that everything needs ponies; therefore, the intersection of bronies and Linux dudes more or less guarantees a pony distro. It's just Sad Guy Logic.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

The Return of the Weirdest Fanart Thread -- my fantasy form, a small infantile wise cracking ape gnome

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I'm not gonna lie: there's something delightful to me about the concept that two separate bronies did two completely different versions of the Trout Mask Replica cover. No idea is too esoteric to not be done by bronies twice, apparently.

Anyway, time to go trolling DA again for music fanart:

Yup.

Versions of the Aeroplane cover vary from the low-effort:

To the lower-effort:

To the terrifying outsider-art look:

To the Minecraft:

To the inevitable:

I think this is based on an image that's already been posted in a weirdest-fanart thread here, but seeing it turned into a bizarre collage of Walmart flyers and God knows what else justifies the content repetition, I think.

A King of Carrot Flowers pony, because of course:

I have no idea what this next one is, but apparently the artist was listening to In The Aeroplane Over The Sea when they made it. Thanks, DA search!

Finally, as a slight palate cleanser, someone's mockup album for their dream band:

Tragically, I am enough of a hipster that I'd probably listen to this band, at least until Isaac Brock found a way to gently caress it up.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Everett True Punisher would make me read comics again.

I went ahead and searched for Everett True on DA, but almost all of the results were just random True Blood crap. There was, at least, the eternal touchstone of Deviantart:

Wonky-anatomy Sonic fanart with song lyrics in the background! :allears:

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

My second thought after seeing this picture (the first being "gently caress bronies forever") was "wait, Foalita? Is her real name Foalores Graze?" I've been staring into the abyss too long.

Here, have some Crime and Punishment animes:

And a bootleg-Jhonen-Vasquez Raskolnikov to round it out:

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Suspicious Dish posted:

I'm going to keep posting these because people seem to be enjoying them. Keep in mind, $40 a page.

One of the best parts about commissioned fanart comics is how goddamn expensive they are; from what I've seen, $40 a page is on the cheap end for this sort of work. There's a good chance any given bizarre fanart comic cost someone hundreds of dollars to have made, and that's kind of perversely delightful to me.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Full points for the couch also being a lemon-beast.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

It may say something about me, but the weirdest part of this is that their dialogue is song lyrics. Why? (I would ask "what the christ is even going on," but asking that about fanart is never going to end well.)

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

sweeperbravo posted:

Tooooootally thought the first line was from Katy Perry's "Firework." I'm not really sure how that happened.

If it's any comfort, I initially assumed the fanartist was clumsily paraphrasing Metric's "IOU." I guess the motif is pretty common?

Anyway, have some Metric fanart:

Along with some obligatory Original Characters Do Not Steal!! named "Metric":

The last one is apparently fan-hedgehogs named "Metric and Blitz" having an intimate moment, because when I think of romance, I think of the "ivy" brush from GIMP.

Also spotted on DA when I searched for "Metric": a PETA-parody poster featuring a humanized Princess Celestia from MLP, promoting the metric system! I'm not posting it here because it's semi-:nws: for cameltoe and I'm not getting probated for goddamn ponies, but it was basically autisticbrony.jpg.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I'd play Maalkiesmon.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

It took me a second to realize that this is probably supposed to be Lucas from Mother 3, which got an audible "goddammit" from me. Fanartists! :arghfist::goonsay:

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Yeah, I have to say, I'm generally more comfortable with the transformation fanart with terrified/pained expressions than the ones where they seem blase about the matter or even turned on, just because it truly is a terrifying concept. Then again, the fact that I've seen enough lovely transformation-fetish fanart that I can hold a preference in this matter is also sort of a terrifying concept.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Maybe I just don't know enough about crocodile or Sonic-furry anatomy (an ignorance for which I thank God every day), but why is Vector's censor bar at mid-stomach? This guy may be that greatest of treasures, the fanartist who doesn't know how their own gender's genitalia works.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I kind of hate that I'm enough of a nerd to know where Bogleech was going with his Sableye evolutions, but the general concept of having Sableye evolve into other weird mid-Atlantic-US cryptids is pretty great.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

U.T. Raptor posted:

The fact that the Japanese love Mothman and the Flatwoods Monster for some reason wouldn't hurt either,

Pokemon is a game that just makes a ton more sense if you assume that anything you don't recognize is either a Japanese folklore monster or an American cryptid sufficiently obscure that only the Japanese still care about it. Seriously, the Hopkinsville Goblin?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Mezzanine posted:

Please tell me I'm not the only one who's noticed that the guy looks the same in every image, even though he keeps talking about his hands growing every single time.

He's even crazier than I thought, isn't he? That's what it is, right?

I presume the intent is that each time is an alternate-reality scenario, albeit a nearly identical one? At least, he tends to say each picture is a "new idea," so I presume there's no intended continuity, just an endless stream of frozen moments of nasal cannulae, medicinal crystals, and tears.

... yeah, this guy is pretty drat :smith: however you figure it.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I'm not sure how to feel about my first instinct being to try and figure out which ethnicities a fox and a dragon would represent in Maus terms. An Englishman and a Welshman? Who the gently caress knows!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

scarycave posted:

Tails is a 12 year old btw.

I love how the artist doesn't know what "bruised" means.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

This is like crystal-hands-level terror, right here. What in God's name is even happening in this picture? Why the tapping? What is it even fanart of?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

GNU Order posted:

After @horse_ebooks I would not be surprised if this guy turned out to be a hoax

I'd argue that whether or not he's for real is pretty academic, given that he's actually producing these pictures in any case. When someone's drawn this many pictures of a crying, severely ill young man having his hands lengthened by magical crystal therapy administered by a caring (but apparently incompetent) medical staff made up of children's cartoon characters, questions of intent become irrelevant. The only real difference would be the reasons for which I'd feel sorry for the creator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Isn't the whole Shrek-fandom thing intended as some kind of weird parody of bronies? Or am I giving Internet dudes too much credit here?

• Locked thread