Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

He is my young Caesar. My old Caesar will be BRIAN BLESSED.
It may not have the violence of Rome/Spartacus but if you like court intrigue and batshit Romans watch I Claudius.

I wonder if we could get Quintus Blackadder in Rome with BRIAN BLESSED reprising this role.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

BreakAtmo posted:

I wonder if we could get Quintus Blackadder in Rome with BRIAN BLESSED reprising this role.

Oh gently caress I am an idiot. He is my Caesar Augustus not Julius. Funny how I have young Augustus, adult Augustus, and old Augustus.

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
Does anyone know when Be Here Now comes out? I googled but couldn't find anything concrete just "early 2013". Also I don't know why but Andy Whitfield is probably the only celebrity death I've ever been really sad about.

:smith:

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

bobkatt013 posted:

He is my young Caesar. My old Caesar will be BRIAN BLESSED.
It may not have the violence of Rome/Spartacus but if you like court intrigue and batshit Romans watch I Claudius.

I love I Claudius so much. It has so many great actors in memorable roles and such great intrigue and scheming. And John Hurt is just so creepy and scary as Caligula.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Finally the tie-in products everyone wants:

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

Oh gently caress I am an idiot. He is my Caesar Augustus not Julius. Funny how I have young Augustus, adult Augustus, and old Augustus.

Eh, all good. I still want Roman Blackadder with Blessed as Julius.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene
The most disappointing part of Rome was Augustus being recasted -- I loved young Octavian, one of my favorite young actors. He then kind of faded out of acting right after the show ended.

DrinkMoreBeer
Jan 23, 2006

by toby
Who ever made the decision to add the cheesy eagle sound deserves orgies for the rest of their lives. loving brilliant.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

etalian posted:

Shame all the merchandise looks like cheap cafepress poo poo.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
It took me forever to figure out who played Crassus' training partner slave but it was classic Hong Kong movie baddie Richard Norton. He's 62 and still going strong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLU03dS2j8I

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

CeeJee posted:

It took me forever to figure out who played Crassus' training partner slave but it was classic Hong Kong movie baddie Richard Norton. He's 62 and still going strong.

62, Holy poo poo :stare:

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
I don't know why (I have a sick mind I guess) but I thought for sure when Crassus spurned his wife for the slave girl that his wife was gonna make a move on (who I assume is her son) Tiberius. Shudder.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

Robert Analog posted:

Does anyone know when Be Here Now comes out? I googled but couldn't find anything concrete just "early 2013". Also I don't know why but Andy Whitfield is probably the only celebrity death I've ever been really sad about.

:smith:

I know...

There's this video where he talks about explaining the fact that he's dying to his young kids. Something along the lines of "daddy's body's broken and it can't be fixed".

I think I actually shed a tear or two when I saw that.

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn

etalian posted:

The way Gannicus bangs his way around you'd think it would be more cost productive to print "I Haven't Slept With Gannicus" phone covers.

Morkfang
Dec 9, 2009

I'm awesome.
:smug:

Women's Rights? posted:

The way Gannicus bangs his way around you'd think it would be more cost productive to print "I Haven't Slept With Gannicus" phone covers.
Surely you'd want to make more of something where there's a bigger customer base? :confused:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

DrinkMoreBeer posted:

Who ever made the decision to add the cheesy eagle sound deserves orgies for the rest of their lives. loving brilliant.

The comedy of the cheesy eagle screeched really balanced out the horror of the guy's face getting turned into steak tartare.

Also Gannicus doesn't seem to believe in the Bros before Hos concept.

etalian fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jan 30, 2013

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Women's Rights? posted:

Or "My Cock Rages On". I'd buy that in an instant.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The Duke posted:

Best Spartacus prank from the last thread was story about the victim who had his cell phone ringtone changed to the Cock Rages on song by his friends and after that the ringtone got blasted in a public place.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

richardfun posted:

I know...

There's this video where he talks about explaining the fact that he's dying to his young kids. Something along the lines of "daddy's body's broken and it can't be fixed".

I think I actually shed a tear or two when I saw that.

For those of you who haven't seen it, here's the short documentary I was talking about.

Prepare to get things caught in your eyes. :cry:

Edit: hmm, that's not the one I meant. Does anybody know the video I am talking about?

richardfun fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jan 31, 2013

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

CeeJee posted:

This is a awesome find looks like Norton can still do the crazy stunts and is rippled like crazy even though he's 62.

Doing the sword disarm using the shield was really awesome move and I loved how Crassus won the fight in a trick similar to the Rob Roy final fight.

It's a similar fun concept since the protagonist of the fight doesn't have good odds against the opposing champion and needs a clever strategy to win the fight.

etalian fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jan 31, 2013

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

CeeJee posted:

That was the dude from City Hunter? Hot drat. He's aged way better at 62 than I have at 28 that's for sure. Goddamn shameful

Comfortador posted:

I don't know why (I have a sick mind I guess) but I thought for sure when Crassus spurned his wife for the slave girl that his wife was gonna make a move on (who I assume is her son) Tiberius. Shudder.

When in Rome right?

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

The Duke posted:

etalian posted:

Best Spartacus prank from the last thread was story about the victim who had his cell phone ringtone changed to the Cock Rages on song by his friends and after that the ringtone got blasted in a public place.

gently caress both of you. I've had this ringing around my head the past two days.

Chef Bromden
Jun 4, 2009
Looks like some intern at Starz is trying to make the "Spartacus Meme Generator" a thing:

https://www.facebook.com/spartacus.starz/app_118812394958487
I really hate when shows try to do this. Workaholics tried to do it, but they could never capture the subtle and layered humor of say "Bachelor Frog" or "Bad Luck Brian"

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Yeah loving Showtime did that at Comic Con. So you're treated to Claire Danes being OCD or William H Macy being a thief, both in advice animal form. Who were the ad wizards who came up with that poo poo?

Science
Jun 28, 2006
. . .

Chef Bromden posted:

Looks like some intern at Starz is trying to make the "Spartacus Meme Generator" a thing:

I really hate when shows try to do this. Workaholics tried to do it, but they could never capture the subtle and layered humor of say "Bachelor Frog" or "Bad Luck Brian"

This could work if it were Batiatus and the second line were always "spread cheeks and ram cock in rear end".

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Chef Bromden posted:

I don't like Bachelor Frog because it hits too close to home. At least I can laugh at the Spartacus meme generator.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
You can customize them. You can't write whatever text you want, but you can chose from a preslected few. I made this one:

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
It's that time of the week.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Man all those women's fake beards were really good. Also man that was a brutal stoning

DO NOT gently caress WITH CAESAR

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That was a pretty awesome introduction of Caesar.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I hope we get to see him deal with pirates and maybe visit his relative Atia of the Julii.

Good to see that Ceasar is a pimp.

That kid is fucken dead. You do not gently caress with Caesar.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Feb 2, 2013

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Creepy ancient Roman "you were asking for it looking like that." Eww.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Creepy ancient Roman "you were asking for it looking like that." Eww.

You forget that at this time or soon after it became law that a slaves testimony would not be accepted in court unless it was gotten through torture.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
They split that rear end :laffo:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Holy fucken poo poo this is awesome.

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Starz should have done a better job of promoting the fact that they cast Brad Pitt as Caesar.

The slow-motion shot of the slave-girl looking at Gannicus like she wanted to gently caress him right after he killed her Dominus was hilarious.

What was that slave cutting on Caesar?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

limeincoke posted:

Starz should have done a better job of promoting the fact that they cast Brad Pitt as Caesar.

The slow-motion shot of the slave-girl looking at Gannicus like she wanted to gently caress him right after he killed her Dominus was hilarious.

What was that slave cutting on Caesar?

Might have been some hidden S&M? Also the Are the pirates that Spartacus might be allying with next week ones that have a connection with Caesar?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
What the butt was Caesar doing to his dick :byodood:

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Can't say I'm digging the choice for Caesar at all. Can't really describe why - he just seems wrong.

The entire city siege was amazing. The dick knifing stuff was odd.

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Feb 2, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf

Scoobi posted:

What the butt was Caesar doing to his dick :byodood:

prolly scrapin off warts n poo poo from mithridates strange

• Locked thread