Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Rocksicles posted:

Spartacus: War of the Damned - Talking 'bout Dicks, Dongs and Horse Cocks.

Absolutely within the spirit of the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Their cocks rage on.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

If Guiness World records wasn't strictly PG-13 Spartacus surely would have earned a spot on cock alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1y_q36-mJQ

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Oenomaus' story is one of the most tragic in this show. He's this honorable nice guy who happens to get hosed over by everyone around him.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Crixus owning the magic cock guy was the best :iceburn: moment on the show.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

etalian posted:

It was also pretty much the only time Crixus wasn't bellowing at something. Manu Bennett is a gifted Bellower.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell

Rocksicles posted:

Spartacus: War of the Dongs

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

etalian posted:

Poor, doomed horsecock guy. when you're packing that much meat everyone's jealous

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Rewatching the series on Netflix and I'm up to Gods of the Arena. Five seconds on screen and already Rapeface is making me wanna punch him.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
Rude.

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...
Anyone happen to have a link to the S3 thread? I'm making my way through it for the first time and wouldn't mind a few thoughts of those catching it as it aired.

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!
Is this not the S3 thread?

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...

Kilson posted:

Is this not the S3 thread?

I guess the S2 thread then? Whatever season Vengeance was. I think Netflix considers Gods of the Arena to be S2 rather than S0 so that throws things off. I caught that and Blood and Sand when they originally aired and am just finishing the series off now.

Just wrapped up Libertus, and it did not disappoint. I was a bit sad to see Rhaskos go down without much fanfare, but he had redshirt plastered on him from day one. I think some part of my mind blurred him and Fugitivus into the same actor, so I was always kind of rooting for the guy who made a huge comeback after losing his face.

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl
Any word on if there's gonna be a spinoff for Caesar? I'm guessing no. Too bad, Spartacus was a surprisingly entertaining show

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
From what i gathered from bits and pieces on twitter, it was never an actual thing. He was actively trying to get them onboard with Incursion, probably had other irons in the fire too.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Nuclear War posted:

Any word on if there's gonna be a spinoff for Caesar? I'm guessing no. Too bad, Spartacus was a surprisingly entertaining show

Black Sails is all we'll get for the time being.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
I've been trying to pitch this show to my friends, but the best I've got is "A smart show that looks so much like a dumb show that you'll be pleasantly surprised when you find out which it is."

But yeah, it's impressive how coherent, tight, complex and thematically consistent it is while also jamming in dozens of tits, dicks and fight scenes. Again, I still can't believe that after thirty something episodes, they were still finding new ways to kill people.

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

Snowman_McK posted:

I've been trying to pitch this show to my friends, but the best I've got is "A smart show that looks so much like a dumb show that you'll be pleasantly surprised when you find out which it is."

Just tell them it's a loving amazing show AND it has plenty of T&A and awesome fighting and everything else that's cool.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Ask them if the movie 300 would have been better is it was 1000 times more awesome.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Ask them if Xena would have been better if she was a red head and naked.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2473476/?ref_=ext_shr_eml_vi_tt_ov_vi#lb-vi1513403673

New trailer is up for the documentary on Andy Whitfield and his cancer journey.

Botnit
Jun 12, 2015

Only way I've ever had success getting people to watch it is to sell the poo poo out of the "this started off as one of the worst shows I've ever seen and then turned into one of the best" angle.

But I also had a friend who never got past the second episode because of how bad it was and now they will never, ever let me recommend them anything again.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

It's definitely tough to recommend anything that doesn't hook immediately these days, no one has the patience to sit through iffy first seasons or an iffy first handful of episodes to get to the meat of a show anymore.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

vyst posted:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2473476/?ref_=ext_shr_eml_vi_tt_ov_vi#lb-vi1513403673

gently caress, man.

When does this get released?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Webbeh posted:

gently caress, man.

When does this get released?

June I think

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Y'all know DeKnight is doing Pacific Rim 2, right?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

LORD OF BUTT posted:

That's pretty cool. Maybe he'll be able to make a movie about giant robots fighting giant monsters to the death not boring.

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf

vyst posted:

i don't know how you guys feel but i'm pretty sure this is gonna be the feel-bad movie of the year.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Jaeger Segovax gonna just pound those kaijus with his secret weapon

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Still waiting for that outer space series.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Inspector 34 posted:

Jaeger Segovax gonna just pound those kaijus with his secret weapon

Would watch this.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Botnit posted:

Only way I've ever had success getting people to watch it is to sell the poo poo out of the "this started off as one of the worst shows I've ever seen and then turned into one of the best" angle.

But I also had a friend who never got past the second episode because of how bad it was and now they will never, ever let me recommend them anything again.

Crucify your friend

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

LORD OF BUTT posted:

As long as one of the Jaegers has a (Jaeger-sized) horse cock that they fling around as a weapon.

Also one with a net, seriously, I would loving love that poo poo.

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

Sober posted:

As long as one of the Jaegers has a (Jaeger-sized) horse cock that they fling around as a weapon.

Also one with a net, seriously, I would loving love that poo poo.

It'll be fearsome with its net... Like a little, wet girl

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Bump to let people know, Liam McIntyre has been confirmed as playing the lead character of Gears of War 4 (he's playing JD Fenix, son of Marcus Fenix). Good on him.

Hunterhr
Jan 4, 2007

And The Beast, Satan said unto the LORD, "You Fucking Suck" and juked him out of his goddamn shoes

3Romeo posted:

i don't know how you guys feel but i'm pretty sure this is gonna be the feel-bad movie of the year.

Ashes and dust :(

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Hunterhr posted:

Ashes and dust :(

That's not my name......

PopetasticPerson
Jun 18, 2006
Having recently finished the series again, for seriously like the 5th time, is there anything else remotely like it? I attempted to get into Black Sails but failed due mostly to my constantly comparing it to Spartacus. The best part of this show was easily the dialog, but that and the fights, tits, characterization, and moral complexity combined into the most loving awesome thing...I'm willing to settle for 3 out of 5, if such a thing exists that I haven't already seen. Make recommendation and find it well received, to harden flaccid spirit as virgin cock in a brothel.

:razz:

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Did you already watch Rome? Spartacus is inspired by (sort of a ripoff of) Rome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

PopetasticPerson posted:

Having recently finished the series again, for seriously like the 5th time, is there anything else remotely like it? I attempted to get into Black Sails but failed due mostly to my constantly comparing it to Spartacus. The best part of this show was easily the dialog, but that and the fights, tits, characterization, and moral complexity combined into the most loving awesome thing...I'm willing to settle for 3 out of 5, if such a thing exists that I haven't already seen. Make recommendation and find it well received, to harden flaccid spirit as virgin cock in a brothel.

:razz:

Black Sails and Spartacus' similarities start and end with them being on the same network really.

I'd echo what everyone else recommended in the past: Banshee and Strike Back, they're extremely violent, vulgar, sex filled, and have a great story to tell.
Otherwise, I don't know, Spartacus is in a league of its own really.

You could give Vikings and The Last Kingdom a shot, they're not as over the top as Spartacus but they're good period TV!

• Locked thread