Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I'm sure they will make another show where attractive people are frequently loving and/or fighting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Fly Molo posted:

That is definitely not the right way to shave one's balls. :stonk:

How the hell else are you supposed to do it then

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

the posted:

I wish I could get more of my friends hooked on this show.

How do your friends not like boobs and fighting

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Rocksicles posted:

Most guys are scared of 'it' moving during a bathhouse scene, my mate skips any male nudity what so ever. Story be damned.

Oh, true, that didn't occur to me. Oh well. Who knew that being comfortable with myself would lead to better television

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Holy loving poo poo. I came in here to post about how hard it was to watch blondie bound and so hurt, but as I loaded the forums poo poo got even more hosed up. Very emotional episode. Jesus.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I keep seeing spinoffs mentioned in this thread, what is the realistic chance that we'd get something set in this universe by the same producers? I assume the show is popular enough that they'd at least want to milk this for all its worth.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Scuzzywuffit posted:

I was also surprised later when Caesar didn't let him die for his rapiness, since a) it wouldn't have been blamed on Caesar and b) he could have used that guy being killed by a captive Roman as an additional inciting incident for the slaughter.

I thought about this, I kinda figured that he saved him because Nemetes was aware that Caesar saw him being attacked, and if he were to survive it would have been hard to answer why he didn't step in.

Also, that entire choking scene seemed pretty stupid to me.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Dude, Gannicus doesn't need to be looking at something to be aware of it. How do you think he leg tackled Naevia without looking. Duhh.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I let out a cheer when Crixus came flying over the wall. It also completely slipped my mind about the battering ram, that was loving awesome. Especially Caesar standing in front of the fire, that poo poo looked really cool.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Wandle Cax posted:

Probably because everyone thinks it is awesome and it is. The Spartacus-Crixus-Gannicus zoom-through was one of the cooler things on the show to this point. Were these "glaring instances" actually key moments in the foreground or just in the background or edge of frame?

I actually noticed a bit of that too and it was a little jarring but, I don't honestly give a poo poo, I watch this show because it is just loving insane not because it portrays anything resembling an accurate fight.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

qbert posted:

So he rapes an innocent woman who tries to be kind to him?

Nah, he's a poo poo and should die.

She is property and probably doesn't have much in the way of rights. Such is the order of things.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

DoggPickle posted:

Okay first off - I LOVE this show. It's literally the first thing I do every Saturday Morning.

The constant jumping to attack makes me laugh so hard every single time, because if there is anything I've learned from decades of fighting games (Sreet Fighter Ex plus Alpha -what?), it's that excessive jumping will SO get you killed. haha!

Hanging out in the corner and spamming uppercut wasn't invented until the Renaissance

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

etalian posted:

This would make a good Heavy Metal band name.

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Carnificina/70895

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Samuel Shitley posted:

While a Caesar spinoff would definitely be so rich with brutality and dope ultra-burns as to be artery-clogging, I am still really intrigued about DeKnight's new thing he mentioned, some kind of sci-fi space-marine thing in a similar style to Spartacus. Anyone heard anything about that lately?

That sounds absolutely loving amazing. My face literally made the :stare: expression

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Hahaha, Spartacus' smile to Crassus was loving awesome. Literally exclaimed "holy poo poo" when they showed the corpsebridge

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Dantes posted:

She did not ask that. Forget it, I must not explain myself clearly and I'm in no mood to argue.

You'll be ok man

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
On the subject of Roman Bro-Outs, I just watched the episode of Rome where Lucious Vorenus saves Titus Pullo from the Arena

That show is loving awesome, and if you haven't seen it yet I highly recommend it, its great to watch while you wait for the next episode of Spartacus to air.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

bobkatt013 posted:

Neither would Mark Anthony. If he and Gannicus ever hung out god help the women of Rome.

Haha, I just came back in to post this after watching him bitch out depressed bed ridden Vorenus. This is the 10th episode of Rome I've watched today...jesus.

Also, that scene s2e1 where Titus and Vorenus interrogate the mafia type guy :stare:

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

McSpanky posted:

I'm still waiting for a sword's-eye-view shot that lasts at least three seconds as it follows the blade inside someone being stabbed, and possibly thrown into someone else afterwards.

This made me picture Three Kings. That movie is loving awesome.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I think it was a combination of realizing that she didn't mean as much to him as she thought she did, and the whole raping stuff.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I'm not convinced that it would have changed his mind. At the end of the day, Tiberius is blood, she is a slave. That was how I read it anyway.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

STAC Goat posted:

I don't know what's harder to believe. That people think this is a convoluted conspiracy where Kore murders a Roman, betrays her master, and sets up his son to be killed all to somehow better her place as a slave? Or that some people think this makes more sense than her running because she's about to be left alone full time with her rapist?

Yeah but it was only a little rape :goonsay:

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah the impression I got was that they just had the random runners and it was completely futile, so on so forth. There just happened to be a ton of random runners.

CORPSEBRIDGE.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

I can see why they'd want to avoid having two similar characters

I laughed at this because for the longest time I could barely tell any of the rebels apart, they were all just dirty and loud and usually loving or fighting.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I think she actually did a pretty good job selling her devastation at Crixus' death.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I don't think that you can necessarily say that she is a good actor because as a group we tend to dislike her, I get that she isn't supposed to be well liked too.

I think most of the time she doesn't do that good a job actually selling the emotions that her character is trying to portray.

E: She probably doesn't deserve to be raped though :goonsay:

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Can James Purefoy reprise his role as Marc Antony

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
He kinda looked like a Padawan in the first season.

That being said, he looks pretty decent with short hair on Arrow.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Samuel Shitley posted:

Finally got around to watching this ep, there's a bunch of salty liquid coming from my eyes, I'm not quite sure what to do guys

Probably start by telling Tiberius you're willing to swallow so he doesn't go for the facial next time

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I don't think it benefits Tiberius at all if his dad finds out that he rear end raped Caesar. I can't believe I saw that

E:vvvv Its ok, I took a load to the face too. Kinda weird, I don't even like Crixus.

Tom Brady fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Mar 24, 2013

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

savinhill posted:

Tactical Sodomy

:stare: Ohhh lord, I'm gonna have to steal that.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Fetus Tree posted:

Did anyone else notice how, in the beginning freeze-frame battle fest, Crixus was saved from a spear in the back by Spartacus? Just a quick little moment but it foreshadows how Crixus falls once Spartacus isn't there any more to have his back. Very cool.

hey man

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Turns out some people will turn to humor to make themselves feel better about things that are uncomfortable. ITT Goons learn how people cope with disturbing imagery and situations.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

ilmouzer posted:

Seems to have been archived. I loved how this show transitioned from one of the silliest shows on TV to what it is now today, it's truly amazing.

Lets not forget that they still say Jupiter's cock like four times an episode minimum.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I need to rewatch the first two seasons, I didn't even remember who Varro was :stare:

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I agree about Agron, but not because I think he is level headed- I don't find him to be. See: the way he reacts to Nasir hanging around with that former pirate guy. For the most part it doesn't seem like Agron and Crixus get along all that well, which is where my surprise came from.

As far as the other thing you talked about, I'm ok with the show just saying gently caress you to history and having all the bros ride off into the sunset.

I would also literally be just fine if they took over Rome.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

bobkatt013 posted:

I think Aragon said Fucken Gauls every single episode at least once.

He just prefers his men more exotic.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Charlie Mopps posted:

I got the feeling Agron choose to go with Crixus, and telling Nasir to stay with Spartacus, to give Nasir a chance of peace and happiness with the pirate dude. He realized he could never give him that and it was better to let Nasir go, because he truly loved him.

Hahahaha.

Spartacus: Bleeding Hearts, Bleeding Anuses

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
ella mae

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Blackchamber posted:

A bunch of dudes everywhere were: a womanizer, a gambler, and a drunk until he met a spiritual woman who changed his life.

• Locked thread