Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DS at Night
Jun 1, 2004

I hope Saxa gets a bigger role, she's cool.

Having Caesar involved in this already shows things aren't going to be 100% historically accurate (I think) so I like to think there's going to be a few surprises yet. I hope that's the case. If this show goes completely off the rails I'll love it all the more for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DS at Night
Jun 1, 2004

Teek posted:

Caesar was in the army by this time and there are some some Casesar worthy moments of his that happened just before the war. Nothing historical states he participated in the war itself, but the connections are there to draw him in. (snip)

Right... I was half-remembering that having happened and took that to mean he was too busy to get any uprising-quelling done at the time. But this is a war, those tend to last a while and get people's attention. I guess we won't know until we watch :allears:

DS at Night
Jun 1, 2004

Anybody else really confused by the pirate captain NOT being Ray Stevenson in a dark wig? Because they could be brothers.

DS at Night
Jun 1, 2004

So... no really major character deaths so far. I would have expected people to start dropping like flies at any moment. Not that I'm looking forward to it. They better loving have some of the people escape. History is cruel :cry:

DS at Night
Jun 1, 2004

Just start at season 1 and TRUST US when we say it gets so much better in a few episodes. You'll be yelling at the TV before you know it.

I totally choked up when the Spartacus gang said goodbye to the people who were heading north. Liam did a really good acting job there. I still hate what happened with Andy of course but I couldn't think of a better person than Liam to replace him.

Man that end was bittersweet. Andy :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DS at Night
Jun 1, 2004

Forum Actuary posted:

Has there been a gif of the start of the big battle, where Lugo hits a guy and sends him flying sideways? Not when he's been set on fire, but earlier.

I love that this is an actual sentence.

This loving show.

• Locked thread