Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos
I also love how they trick you into popping a boner right before you see the guy apparently unloading into the other guy's rear end in a quick switch.

Awesome opening episode. My mouth was dropped most of the way through. If they can keep up that kind of pacing/story through the entire season we are definitely getting treated to something you don't get often with a show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos

the posted:

I keep on thinking the actor playing Crassius is Christopher Eccleston. drat if the two don't look really alike.

I had the same thought myself and had to IMDB it. I'm only familiar with his Doctor Who work though, they have similar facial structure and hair styles.

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos

hollylolly posted:

I heard that crawling on all fours and meowing can make sudden boners less noticeable. Your friends should try that.

gently caress do you have a link to that thread I want to read it now?

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos

muscles like this? posted:

Goddamn it. Got some nachos ready, poured a margarita and then remembered that there was no new episode this week.

Yeah I have like nothing else to watch on Fridays.

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos
I think the gay stuff is interesting along the backdrop of how tolerant everyone seems. Better stay in the closet if you are a Roman though.

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos
Crassus will fall, and Tiberius will take his name in honor of him, and then become Emperor Rapeface II.

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos

Diddie posted:

Neither is rape

You have to marry the rapist though (or he has to marry you) because otherwise it is adultery.

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos

Mistikman posted:

Well that is sort of a given.

Gods forbid his horse bucks him off. "HOLD DOWN THE HORSE!" *Whips out already erect penis*

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos
I was really glad to see that Agranoneanon falling to Tiberius was just a red herring. That being said, having him alive seemed a bit contrived.

Finale-wise, I'm guessing we'll get the storied (historical spoiler)"Spartacus fighting his way to Crassus" scene, but I'm not sure how they will end up with the fact that Spartacus' body was never recovered. Considering that he is apparently well known to all the key players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos

Oasx posted:

I like the fact that Lucius Vorenus and Titus Pullo were in fact real soldiers, i remember reading Caesar's chronicles where his army is being attacked by Gauls (i think) and he mentions two soldiers by those names having a contest to see who could kill the most of the enemy.

Apparently they were pretty badass because I believe those are the only soldiers in his army he mentions by name.

• Locked thread