Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Hey, who wants to see Stefan Struve fall down into a floppy, baby giraffe heap? EVERYONE!

Fun fact for the newbies - Struve only lost 2 of those fights!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Alan should have Hieron'd Winslow :smith:

Anyway, now it's time for :siren:YVES EDWARDS APPRECIATION:siren:

Yves is the only Thugjitsu master in the world, and it means he can do the following things:

Counter a spinning backfist with a headkick

Land a jump knee while defending a single leg takedown (I know Urijah Faber also did this, but he didn't KO the dude)

Punch and elbow the hell out of Jeremy Stephens

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Here's some suplexes from a fight:

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Now entering The Machida Era!

There are really dumb guys that leap in face-first at an amazing counter-puncher

So very dumb.

But mainly, it's all about the monkey hugs.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

German suplexes are cool and all, but how about a nice fisherman?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

It was the Rashad Dance, Hughes being a giant baby about the Rashad Dance, and the complete destruction of Whitehead that made me an Evans fan forever.

I need to gif that moment in the Whitehead fight where Rashad spins a sprawl into taking Mike's back.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

MMA, pro wrestling, sometimes even Sakuraba gets them confused.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Bellator is cool, but they sometimes get bad refs from the local Native American tribal council.

Joe Warren getting pummeled

Marius Zaromskis getting punched a bunch

A whole bunch

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Pretty sure we can shut this down, nothing will top the Jardine Sprawl (Also, how did it take so long for the Jardine Sprawl to get posted? We are most lamentable dustmen)

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Sometimes fighters get hungry.

Sometimes it is between fights, and who doesn't enjoy burgers?

Sometimes it is right after fights, and urgh, BJ, don't lick that blood, you are gross :barf:

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

I can't believe I made a post about fighters eating and forgot about Edwards/McKenzie Chip Share Weigh-In Staredown (I am a dumb)

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

colonel_korn posted:

Tony "The Gun" Bonello talks a mountain of poo poo to Ninja Rua during their staredown, then gets brutalized in the space of about 3 minutes. One of my favourite EliteXC moments (and there were many)

Is it really that smart to try and talk poo poo to a guy that 1. Speaks a different language and 2. Is riddled with brain damage

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

If Anderson Silva doesn't want you to punch him, you will never punch him.

vs Franklin

vs Griffin

vs Okami

vs Bonnar

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Here are some :krad: flippz!

Harold Howard

Erick Silva

John Dodson

Marcus Brimage and Maximo Blanco

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

fatherdog posted:

My favorite part of this gif - watch Anderson and Herb at 4:14 on the clock.

hahaha, it's the little things that make everything worthwhile

I might have to make that my avatar.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Mega-compilation!

Back, and to the left

Back, and to the left

Back, and to the left

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Snowman_McK posted:

Who was this again?

Stephen "Boy, I Wonder What a Wrestle Is" Thompson after KO'ing Dan Stittgen

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Shogun Rua fighting crime.

Wandy says "Lidar com ele"

LobsterMobster fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Mar 19, 2013

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Bucket Joneses posted:

Looks like a Miller Brother. Is it?

Jim, getting Diaz'd.

Here's Michael Page doing A Punch

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

LobsterMobster posted:

Jim, getting Diaz'd.

Here's Michael Page doing A Punch

Super slow-mo if you need to verify the punch

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Sorry, Tom Lawlor, but I think David "Caveman" Rickels just won walkouts forever.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Bluedeanie posted:

I don't have the means to make gifs of a decent size or quality, but the world desperately needs one of this moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHjO-6n7jRo&t=33s

This work, or you want/need something else?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

A few from the UFC on FX 8 prelims

Martins KO on Larsen

Yamasaki maybe kicking Larsen's head?

Lineker's body shot KO

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Couple more UFX on FX 8

Hollett kills dicks

Maldonado kills guts

Yuri Alcantara kills Some Santos Guy

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Nearly done with the FX gifs (Dang, there were a lot of rad finishes tonight)

Trinaldo doesn't give a gently caress about how you're "suppossed" to finish an arm triangle.

Natal and Zefferino just goofin' around. Couple of knuckleheads.

Souza gonna gator chomp your neck

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

OwlBot 2000 posted:

Is that legal under whatever ruleset they're using, or is it a DQ.

Since the dude getting kicked in the face only had his feet on the floor, it's entirely legal, as far as I'm aware.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Wazzu posted:

Would the fact that it was an axe kick and not really an upkick come into consideration?

Nick-Diaz-lovely-Axe-Kick.GIF

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

niethan posted:

You called?

My hero!

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Ed Herman vs Trevor Smith

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Some B-league and lower stuff.

Weidman has begat a new era of dudes throwing two consecutive punches with the same hand. Everyone is screwed!

Welp, here's a man killed to death by kick.

:barf:

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Here's Pete Spratt killing Daniel Acacio en route to a decision victory because "lol, brazil"

(The first time exposing his back didn't end in defeat for Spratt)

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

This is boxing, but there's no boxing GIF thread.

Jelena Mrdjenovich put out Olivia Gerula's lights.

Overhead

Alternate view

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Grifter posted:

Machida, he get the hespect.

:respek:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

Ahem there always has and always will be a p4p MMA dancing champ and the spider isn't it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGdyaDnnrLM

:respek:

• Locked thread