Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx
Hello writers, I'm the new CC mod and I'd like to talk about Thunderdome-related issues.
The custom winner/loser titles are getting out of hand. You guys can have ONE style of winner avatar and ONE style of loser avatar. If you want to crown your own superwinners or ultralosers, pony up the :10bux: because I'm not going to run around with a bunch of foil-stamped limited edition cover variants.

NEXT: I WILL BE JUDGING YOU GUYS NEXT WEEK. Things are going to be done a little differently there, too. Please stay tuned for details.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx
THUNDERDOME RADIO RADIO RADIO!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol5RpDEzLzY

It is quite apropos that you're being encouraged to submit your writing to an audio magazine -- for this challenge you have to submit audio recordings instead of text. Read your own work aloud or ask one of the voice actors for a favor.

Length: 5 minutes or less.

Prompt: A woman and her nephew.

Signup Deadline: Friday, 2/1/13, 11:59pm EST
Submission Deadline: Saturday, 2/2/13, 11:59pm EST

Judges: Me and the ghost of Orson Welles.

neonnoodle fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jan 30, 2013

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx
If you can't follow the story without text, contestant has failed.

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx

sebmojo posted:

In. I will destroy you all.

And so he did! sebmojo is the winner! You had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. Your piece was conversationally written, well-acted and nicely paced.

It was a very close match, with strong showings also from swaziloo and CancerCakes . I was also intrigued by what Sitting Here had to offer.

supermikhail, I was going to declare you the loser of this week's match because I could barely understand a single word...but I thought it didn't seem too fair because English is obviously not your first language.

Then came Noah. He has no excuse whatsoever. It was like listening to Frank Zappa. I must admit that I was as entertained as I was baffled. Noah gets a special loser award for best worst.

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx
:siren:ATTENTION:siren:

In order to ensure proper handling of your request, when you PM me for avatar changes, please include URLs to the posts of the winners and losers.

Thank you for your compliance.

PLEASE RESUME AT THIS TIME

• Locked thread