Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Sure, I'm up for this (haha I have five meetings left to chair this week though)

I don't Know a single thing about American military, would I be severely handicapped?

We shouted down the one guy who tried to correct everybody on lingo, so, with that in mind, come on in, CCgoons!

e: I want to try this, I'm having too much fun writing about trannies

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jun 5, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Hell no, that guy is lame sperg. Do whatever you want.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Chairchucker posted:

Dibs!

Old Testament Studies with Chairchucker.

Hello Thunderdome. An observation I've made over some past 'domes, is that 'domers love them some Biblically inspired prose sometimes, but they seem to be stuck on the New Testament. Which is a shame because frankly the Old Testament has some way cool stories of people getting invaded and cut into small pieces or whatever. So this week, we're going to be plagiarising getting inspiration from the part of the Bible that Jews also think is cool.

Just inspiration though. No Biblical characters allowed in any of your stories.

And to make doubly sure, genre is 'sci-fi'. (The broad definition that says if it has any futuristic crap in it, it counts as sci-fi.) And if you try to write Christ figure in space, God help you.

Once you sign up, I will personally assign you a passage of the Bible (with link to an easy to find version of it) to rip off mine for inspiration.

Sign ups close 2300 (11 pm) Friday AUSTRALIAN EASTERN STANDARD TIME. That's +10 GMT so work it out you jerks, I always have to work out your heathen timezones.
Submissions close 12 noon on Monday, also AEST.

Word count: 1359 MAXIMUM because apparently that's the date of Jesus' ascension in 2013.

old dog child (I think you said you're in I dunno but here's a verse) - Judges 3:12-30

Oh, I'm definitely going to give this a shot. I don't really do creative writing so this should be an interesting challenge.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I don't think I'll finish in time, but I'll be done by tomorrow. I had drill this weekend (which I didn't think about when I signed up). :sigh:

• Locked thread