Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
I have been doing sorta-basic video editing for a decade - I can make LP videos, stream highlights (with limited comedic timing), memes, and subtitles/closed captions (hard or soft). Below are some examples of my work:

https://streamable.com/4ih4qr
https://streamable.com/0exehx
https://streamable.com/9lcvvw
https://streamable.com/fksnww

PM me if interested - we can work out a price based on your budget.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution
Hi all, I'm looking for an artist to accurately recreate antique labels for a small bit of restoration work. I recently inherited two old billiard hall lamps which were purchased in the 1930s. I want to hang these in my basement but the paint / coating is in rough shape and they need to be stripped and sandblasted clean. The lamps originally had some neat looking stickers on their necks but time and neglect have damaged them beyond what I'm capable of repairing:

My goal is to have recreations laser printed onto sticker paper and then affix them to the lamps when the stripping and repainting is done. I'm not going for 100% COMPLETE PERFECT RESTORATION - the lamps are going into my basement, it's not like I'm going to time-travel to 1931 and try to resell them - but I think the labels are pretty cool and I'd like to get the look as close as possible. I'll provide measurements and other photos under different lighting as required. There are source pictures of more complete labels floating around the Internet as well but I don't own them so I'm not going to post them publicly.

PM me or email at csammis at gmail. Thanks for your consideration!

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby
I'm a writer/editor. Been writing novels for years, serious for the past year. I do developmental edits. Dev edits are where we look at your story to make sure that it flows and that you don't have big plot holes, and get it ready to be published/sold.

I can edit your science fiction, fantasy, romance novels(generally not erotica, but I'm open to a discussion).

I'll also do line edits and proofreading if you've already got a developmental editor. Goon discount of $20 off whatever everyone else pays.

Developmental editing/manuscript is about $5-7 per page, ( $0.013/word)
copyediting is $5-8 per page, ($0.015.word)
proofreading for like $4-5 per page.($0.012/word)

I take paypal/venmo. Send me a PM, email me at jdbeddoe at googlemail or go through my fiver link.

https://www.fiverr.com/beddoe/edit-your-science-fiction-fantasy-or-romance-novel

Dream Weaver fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Aug 3, 2021

Camo Guitar
Jul 15, 2009
Edit: All sorted

Camo Guitar fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jul 5, 2021

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Any musicians in here? I'm looking to commission a soundalike/parody song of The Blob theme song, which seems like it's musically fairly simple, though I've got no clue how difficult it would be to get the instrumentation to sound close to the original. I've also got no idea what this sort of thing would cost but happy to discuss—PMs are open!

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

feedmyleg posted:

Any musicians in here? I'm looking to commission a soundalike/parody song of The Blob theme song, which seems like it's musically fairly simple, though I've got no clue how difficult it would be to get the instrumentation to sound close to the original. I've also got no idea what this sort of thing would cost but happy to discuss—PMs are open!

I could do that! I'll PM you.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
I am a writer/editor that also works with audio and video. https://www.hellomalt.net is my new profile site. I am available for everything all the time forever.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I want Art Assets for DungeonDraft, which is a mapping software. You don't have to worry about making them "work" there's just some size requirements that are involved. I'm posting this multiple places, but Goons (especially ART-Goons) get first priority. My discord is Boba Pearl#3458 (You can just copy paste that whole thing in there, it'll work.) Here's the pitch for the art assets I'd like to commission:

Urban modern environments in the body of an undead/cancerous creature. It's flesh is raw, pink, and oozing the regenerative magic used on it making it grow eyes, teeth, nails, bones, pustules and tumors all over itself. The people who live here have carved their homes out of this creature. The bones of it as hard as metal, it's muscles leathery but strong like mithril. I want textures that reflect this environment. That I can use to make a bunch of maps in this setting, not too mention I do maps and things like this a lot. It is in fact, one of my "recurring themes" so having flesh assets on hand would be awesome. I do not plan to sell the maps I make, and I will only use it for my DND Games.

In the link below, I have the size requirements, reference art, and different kind of assets I'd like to commission, along with my budget (It's 100 - 150$): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gW2-x95cajQJPKucJxMT6s1g-gj2kFDHUmvmzvfEwLc/edit?usp=sharing

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Jul 15, 2021

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Do you have any style preferences?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Puppy Time posted:

Do you have any style preferences?

Really simple, I want to be able to use it with the other art assets I have in the spreadsheet I have a lot of examples of the stuff I'll be pairing and the kind of style I'm going for.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Working with someone now

Stupid_Sexy_Flander fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Jul 30, 2021

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

White Chocolate posted:

I'm a writer/editor. Been writing novels for years, serious for the past year. I do developmental edits. Dev edits are where we look at your story to make sure that it flows and that you don't have big plot holes, and get it ready to be published/sold.

I can edit your science fiction, fantasy, romance novels(generally not erotica, but I'm open to a discussion).

I'll also do line edits and proofreading if you've already got a developmental editor. Goon discount of $20 off whatever everyone else pays.

Developmental editing/manuscript is about $5-7 per page, ( $0.13/word)

I take paypal/venmo. Send me a PM, email me at jdbeddoe at googlemail or go through my fiver link.

https://www.fiverr.com/beddoe/edit-your-science-fiction-fantasy-or-romance-novel

Quoting to add I do ghostwriting also. So if you’re looking for that, I can give you an example of fiction, military or business type writings; depending on what you’re trying to have written.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

White Chocolate posted:

Developmental editing/manuscript is about $5-7 per page, ( $0.13/word)

Unless I'm missing something here, your per-page and per-word costs aren't aligning. Either the first line is off by an order of magnitude, or the last two are.

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

Fuschia tude posted:

Unless I'm missing something here, your per-page and per-word costs aren't aligning. Either the first line is off by an order of magnitude, or the last two are.

100% right.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I'm interesting in commissioning manga or anime style artworks.

Examples of the sort of quality/style (manga):

(Also fine)

I'm also potentially interested if you're able to do actual comic/panels/pages, examples in terms of quality/style I'm interested in:

Budget probably something like 15$ per hour.

Boba Pearl posted:

I want Art Assets for DungeonDraft, which is a mapping software. You don't have to worry about making them "work" there's just some size requirements that are involved. I'm posting this multiple places, but Goons (especially ART-Goons) get first priority. My discord is Boba Pearl#3458 (You can just copy paste that whole thing in there, it'll work.) Here's the pitch for the art assets I'd like to commission:

Urban modern environments in the body of an undead/cancerous creature. It's flesh is raw, pink, and oozing the regenerative magic used on it making it grow eyes, teeth, nails, bones, pustules and tumors all over itself. The people who live here have carved their homes out of this creature. The bones of it as hard as metal, it's muscles leathery but strong like mithril. I want textures that reflect this environment. That I can use to make a bunch of maps in this setting, not too mention I do maps and things like this a lot. It is in fact, one of my "recurring themes" so having flesh assets on hand would be awesome. I do not plan to sell the maps I make, and I will only use it for my DND Games.

In the link below, I have the size requirements, reference art, and different kind of assets I'd like to commission, along with my budget (It's 100 - 150$): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gW2-x95cajQJPKucJxMT6s1g-gj2kFDHUmvmzvfEwLc/edit?usp=sharing

drat this is really cool! Can I chip in or something to your budget to also get this when you're done?

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
My beloved polydactyl cat died last month and the vet gave us her inked pawprint. I’m looking for someone who can clean it up and turn it into a flat B&W image suitable for a sticker or stencil. (Just for personal use.)

The source image is below but I’ll also provide a marked up version indicating which specific bits are fur that should not be included in the final product. Ideally I would like you to make two images: one more rounded and clip art stylized, and one whose outline preserves some of the texture and “inkblottiness” of the original.

Please PM me here with rates and we can talk more over email. Thank you! (edit: working with someone now, thanks)

(Phone photo, I can get a higher resolution scan if necessary)

wizzardstaff fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Aug 7, 2021

pod6isjerks
Feb 17, 2005

Nap Ghost
Looking for someone that can make a parody of the Little Debbie logo with a picture of my friend as Debbie and with different words on the ribbon. Let me know if that's something you could gin up and how much it would be. Thanks!

Edit: I've been contacted about the request and am working with someone. Thanks!

pod6isjerks fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Sep 4, 2021

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Hello all, it's been a few years since I've looked here, but I'd like to contact designers for a book cover to go with my latest epublished collection of short stories.

In the past, a few goons were kind and talented enough to offer their services, so hopefully someone will be willing to this time.

The previous two covers can be seen at the book pages here and here:
https://books2read.com/u/mvYWWl
https://books2read.com/u/mKyX6E
and the general mood that I've tried to set up here:
thepenumbra.net

By all means, you don't have to match what others have done before, but think supernatural speculative fiction to go with the new volume's theme. I am looking for about a month turnaround time.

Feel free to PM with rates and particulars, I'm sure I'll try to reach some of you!

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008
Hello everyone, I'm looking for a graphic designer. The design is going to be printed onto a vinyl mask, then ultimately etched into a piece of brass. White lines on a black background. I'd like the design itself to be of the robot Maria from Metropolis, also Google Images has lots more source images than the one I have here:

As far as style goes, a negative version of something closer to this would be cool:

This is taken care of. Thanks Art Goons!

Mooktastical fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Oct 6, 2021

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Hi, all. I'm doing a charity stream in early November and there will be some prizes etc. Basically I'd like to commission someone to design an image with the relevant details. Please feel free to message me with rates.

Edit: Got it done. Thanks so much, thread!

Writer Cath fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Oct 5, 2021

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice
I need a design for a blog. It uses a tiny static site generator I made myself, so I'm not looking for a built theme to be applied to an existing blog engine, but instead a raw design itself. (I don't know whether it makes sense for the actual stylesheets to be the deliverable, or just a precise enough specification that I can write the stylesheets myself, which I know how to do in a technical sense.) I'm looking for desktop and mobile support. I don't know exactly what I'm looking for, and at least as much as the actual final product I'm looking for someone to talk me through options and figure it out what I'd be happy with. I know I'll be paying for this too, don't worry! I don't even know what a ballpark rate for this kind of thing would be, but if you're interested send me a PM with a quote.

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!
Hello @ all,

I'm a tabletop rpg writer and require an artist working in pixel art to work to work on a number of contract pieces.
The pieces are to be used to a dystopian scifi tabletop rpg I'm currently developing and will be printed in a A5 book format.
What I'm mostly looking for are "space planet views", "planetary installations" and "people in dangerous situations".
Knowledge of German is appreciated, as it allows faster understanding for the pieces needed, but isn't required.

Basically I want to commission some pieces for my next game.
This is the first time I'm going for original instead of stock art, so if there are some things I'm doing wrong, apologies.

Arty things I have so far:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GdjT8nl9LQiFc2P-ykaQruMjRObRcovx/view?usp=sharing - Cover MockUp
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ThCKFJGdjBvup_VyNbj7VGnQJWjUcHry/view?usp=sharing - Example PixelArt #1
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uqWdzUTjLLLlCo3il7OEAQ16mHAwRVx6/view?usp=sharing - Example PixelArt #2

PM me if you're interested and I'm sure we can work something out.

Mr.Misfit fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Nov 4, 2021

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Need a quicky Photoshop job, want something like this

Done up and I'm not good at computers. Who wants a quick :10bux: (or whatever is fair)

Edit: got one, cheers

Opopanax fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Nov 24, 2021

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I've had a story for a graphic novel kicking around my head for years that I would like to do something with. I like storyboarding but I can't draw worth a poo poo.

I've been checking out Fiverr that has been linked in this thread many times. Is it a good site to use or is there someplace better to check when trying to commission artists?

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby
Usually an artist has a web page that they use frequently. I can tell you that is going to cost you. I priced out a few panels worth with phylodox and hoo boy. I recommend him and he should be able to do it.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Yeah, remember: When you're asking for comic pages, you're generally asking for like 5-7 pictures per page. That adds up.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Vakal posted:

I've had a story for a graphic novel kicking around my head for years that I would like to do something with. I like storyboarding but I can't draw worth a poo poo.

I've been checking out Fiverr that has been linked in this thread many times. Is it a good site to use or is there someplace better to check when trying to commission artists?

You can test your luck and either post an ad in the art commission subreddits (bearing in mind that the quality... Varies...) or do what I do and start following random artists you like and keep an eye out for artshare tweets to find more artists to follow and then track the promising ones via spreadsheet to contact later as you save up your budget. I tend to commission a wide spread of artists to draw versions of my characters/OCs in their style and the ones I like the most I bump up to top of the list. I've commissioned a lot of artists so I know my way around!

Depending on the style you're going for I think you can expect a page to be uncoloured around 100 to 150$ and 50% to maybe up to twice that coloured. For my manga project I have on the back burner I think I've estimated I'd need 3,000$ at least for 35ish pages with the artists who are a little more affordable; and you basically want that locked in, at least 50% upfront once you find an artist you like working with if you want them to be primarily working on your project.

Storyboarding is also going to be immensely helpful for the artist you end up working with, even if its stick figures, because it helps convey what you want more clearly; a picture is worth 1,000 words after all!

Mr.Misfit posted:

Hello @ all,

I'm a tabletop rpg writer and require an artist working in pixel art to work to work on a number of contract pieces.
The pieces are to be used to a dystopian scifi tabletop rpg I'm currently developing and will be printed in a A5 book format.
What I'm mostly looking for are "space planet views", "planetary installations" and "people in dangerous situations".
Knowledge of German is appreciated, as it allows faster understanding for the pieces needed, but isn't required.

Basically I want to commission some pieces for my next game.
This is the first time I'm going for original instead of stock art, so if there are some things I'm doing wrong, apologies.

Arty things I have so far:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GdjT8nl9LQiFc2P-ykaQruMjRObRcovx/view?usp=sharing - Cover MockUp
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ThCKFJGdjBvup_VyNbj7VGnQJWjUcHry/view?usp=sharing - Example PixelArt #1
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uqWdzUTjLLLlCo3il7OEAQ16mHAwRVx6/view?usp=sharing - Example PixelArt #2

PM me if you're interested and I'm sure we can work something out.

I've commissioned some pixel artists in the past, I can refer them to you if you want, shoot me a DM.

Here's a copper dragonborn character for a rpg game project I commissioned before:

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Raenir Salazar posted:

You can test your luck and either post an ad in the art commission subreddits (bearing in mind that the quality... Varies...) or do what I do and start following random artists you like and keep an eye out for artshare tweets to find more artists to follow and then track the promising ones via spreadsheet to contact later as you save up your budget. I tend to commission a wide spread of artists to draw versions of my characters/OCs in their style and the ones I like the most I bump up to top of the list. I've commissioned a lot of artists so I know my way around!

Depending on the style you're going for I think you can expect a page to be uncoloured around 100 to 150$ and 50% to maybe up to twice that coloured. For my manga project I have on the back burner I think I've estimated I'd need 3,000$ at least for 35ish pages with the artists who are a little more affordable; and you basically want that locked in, at least 50% upfront once you find an artist you like working with if you want them to be primarily working on your project.

Hey thanks, that's all very useful to know.

The story I'd like to do is not really that long, but yeah, as I plan it out the number of pages is adding up quickly. Then with that the whole Good/Cheap/Fast equation kicks in.

I don't know if it's better to try and eat the cost of the whole thing and just hope I could do something profitable with it once it's done. Or, if there's such a thing as doing it serialized style and posting small sections (5ish pages at a time) online and hoping to eventually build up enough of a fan base to do a patreon or something to help offset the cost. It's a less risky option but I'm not sure how it would work with the artist.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Vakal posted:

Hey thanks, that's all very useful to know.

The story I'd like to do is not really that long, but yeah, as I plan it out the number of pages is adding up quickly. Then with that the whole Good/Cheap/Fast equation kicks in.

I don't know if it's better to try and eat the cost of the whole thing and just hope I could do something profitable with it once it's done. Or, if there's such a thing as doing it serialized style and posting small sections (5ish pages at a time) online and hoping to eventually build up enough of a fan base to do a patreon or something to help offset the cost. It's a less risky option but I'm not sure how it would work with the artist.

You gotta look at this as a business and marketing endeavour and try to think smartly as early a lead up as possible.

First, you want to write out the story, like three or so chapters ahead. Your goal my suggestion would be is to produce an initial chapter or so to generate interest.

Second, while working on these chapter(s), start creating the social media accounts to spread awareness and to drop samples or sneak peaks to your characters or cool moments as the artist(s) are working on things. Twitter, Instagram, Webtoons or wherever you'll be publishing the comic to. And of course patreon, maybe start out with a 1$ tip jar until you publish your first chapter.

Third, depending on your budgetary situation you want to plan ahead your release schedule. Do you want to release one chapter at a time, or if this isn't in your budget, one page at a time? If one page how often? What can you afford? With the initial chapter to help generate interest maybe you can drop one page at a time until your patreon or ad funding grows to the point you can have more frequent or bulkier releases. You could also do 1 chapter at a time "when its ready" as you save up the bulk money to hire/rehire the artists to work on it one chapter at a time.

Fourth, you might also want to consider splitting it up between multiple artists who do a different stage of the work; different artists you'll notice tend to have different strengths, particularly if you mainly look for more affordable artists from like /r/hungryartists and so on. Storyboards, action scenes, character designs, backgrounds, inking/colouring, paneling, etc.

As an example you can do your initial storyboards to get the idea across and then an artist could further refine the storyboards, clear up the intended action, fix your line of action, perspective, foreshortening, etc properly posing your scenes with still sketchy quality artworks. Individually this is typically inexpensive but will add up but will certainly help improve the overall quality.

But yeah, in places like webtoons people totally do that, uploading either a smaller number of pages at a time and so on. My opinion though that the best way to generate a more enduring interest is probably one larger chunk that tells a complete substory arc so people know what to expect and then decide whether pages at a time or a chapter at a time etc depending on what your monetary situation is; with the goal that if it kicks off and you're making money off of it, to slowly work your way up to regular releases and basically making it your job (if that's your goal! :) ).

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Raenir Salazar posted:

You gotta look at this as a business and marketing endeavour and try to think smartly as early a lead up as possible.

Thanks for all the information. It's good to know that someone else has went through this before.

On the topic of rights though, how do you make sure there won't be any issues with the artists down the line when it comes to trying to make money off of the final product?

I've seen agreement documents like this online https://www.docracy.com/7h1enekgrf/artwork-commission-agreement

Is something like that good enough?

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Vakal posted:

Thanks for all the information. It's good to know that someone else has went through this before.

On the topic of rights though, how do you make sure there won't be any issues with the artists down the line when it comes to trying to make money off of the final product?

I've seen agreement documents like this online https://www.docracy.com/7h1enekgrf/artwork-commission-agreement

Is something like that good enough?

Probably, be advised some artists might charged a fee for commercial use. You will likely get away without it while you're still in the exploration phase (commissioning character designs, concept art, etc; I nearly exclusively commission only reference pieces for internal use only); but once you're ready to commit to the full thing you could either use an agreement like that to insure no dispute about the rights/ownership. You could though use that as leverage, and negotiate some nominal profit sharing agreement to lower your upfront/operating costs in exchange for future profits later.

What I tend to do is to let them post the art to their social media, but ask them to link to my social media and provide a blurb that the character is mine. This usually works to both our benefit; they get the increased attention to their social media, adds to their portfolio etc, in addition to being paid and usually its pretty clear that the commission is for you the person who paid for it and the ownership isn't in dispute, the character is yours; while its likeness is ostensibly somewhat shared between the two of you; i.e you can use it in your projects, they can use it to advertise their services. There is a risk some third party might improperly use such art but they are unlikely to reproduce the full extent of its purpose because the effort of making a full creative work is going to be beyond the means of willingness of most vultures.

Be sure when negotiating with your artists and make it clear that they will be listed in the credits at a minimum in addition to the negotiated rate. So expect to either pay a commercial fee (not always, many artists don't care about commercial use, a commission is a commission, especially artists you'll find on reddit/twitter), or to negotiate some sort of profit sharing.

I personally shy away from such overtly formal agreements for regular commissions because I feel they kinda add a degree of distance and stiffness between me and the artist, when I prefer something more buddy buddy and collaborative between like-minds. So for me I'd only have such a contract written up only with someone who I've already worked well with in the past and its clear the written agreement for our mutual protection and to clear up responsibilities because its a much larger project that will consume more of both of our time and effort.

So my suggestion is unless you're super paranoid about any potential legal dispute about your characters is you can probably save the formal agreement until you are ready to begin the main project.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Thanks again, this has all been very helpful.

I think I will start working with a different story first - it's shorter and I'm "less attached" to it, which I hope means I will be more flexible when it comes to the artwork and stuff like that.

Then if that project doesn't turn out to be a complete nightmare, I can move on to the good stuff.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Good luck, dude!

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

I am slowly massaging ideas for my first serious game project, which would be free to play but I'd be willing to invest some money into it:
Basically what I'd need to get started is I guess a technical concept artist who could draw me blueprints for fictional but semi-realistic vehicles (they'd start realistic and then end up more strange as the game goes on basically)
So I'm talking about designing tanks, technicals, spg's, gun emplacements and the like and the end result looking like:

I'm still in the process of building a war chest for this, but it would help to know how much I should expect to spend per design. No colours needed and they wouldn't need to be super detailed as I favour a low polygon look (also because I'm hoping anything that would come out of this would eventually run on the Nintendo Switch as well if it becomes a commercial project) The artist would also, for better or worse, have a pretty free hand in designing the vehicles themselves.

The game itself would be a vehicle action game I guess you'd call it, imagine a single player war thunder/world of tanks like thing where you play a variety of vehicles and missions. After the short single player game I'd work on a multiplayer co-op focused follow up.

GoonyMcGoonface
Sep 11, 2001

Friends don't left friends do ECB
Dinosaur Gum
Cross-posting my SA mart thread here for more visibility:

GoonyMcGoonFace posted:

Hello goons of many varieties!

As part of a typesetting exchange I'm currently doing, I find myself in need of a logo for my bindery. It should involve both ravens and books, considering... bookbinding, and the name ("Seven Ravens Press"). Black and white or spot color is fine, though it needs to look good in greyscale either way. Unfortunately, because of when the exchange is due, my timelines are relatively short. The logo would need to be done by the 1st. A lovely timeline, but I'm hoping the job being small enough means someone can fit it in.

sensitivepigeon
Dec 4, 2016

I'M SENSITIVE ABOUT IT, OK?
hello goons i am an amateur graphic designer looking for work

i did this logo for a battlebots team on TV (premiering jan 6th):

i made this shirt for a discord:

i do weird stuff like this on my free time:

my rate is 15$/hr if you are interested in my stuff and such. i do avatars / icons / logos / et cetera. if you are unsure just message me anyway and we can talk about it, i love non-ordinary projects and if i don't know how to get your vision across ill tell you and maybe ill learn how to do it anyway and we both win

please inquire at my hilarious email

draziw . wizard . wow at the gmail of the dot com

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

looking for some work on a parody logo. I have a high-res version to email.

this'll require some manipulation of the main focus of the picture, as well as divining a font out of what's given. don't worry about the background; stark gunmetal for the brand and aged yellow for the font please. it's going on a black shirt. Most importantly, I'm willing to pay for a font that looks spot-on for the phrase I need. PM's open

i say swears online fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Jan 19, 2022

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

organburner posted:

I am slowly massaging ideas for my first serious game project, which would be free to play but I'd be willing to invest some money into it:
Basically what I'd need to get started is I guess a technical concept artist who could draw me blueprints for fictional but semi-realistic vehicles (they'd start realistic and then end up more strange as the game goes on basically)
So I'm talking about designing tanks, technicals, spg's, gun emplacements and the like and the end result looking like:

I'm still in the process of building a war chest for this, but it would help to know how much I should expect to spend per design. No colours needed and they wouldn't need to be super detailed as I favour a low polygon look (also because I'm hoping anything that would come out of this would eventually run on the Nintendo Switch as well if it becomes a commercial project) The artist would also, for better or worse, have a pretty free hand in designing the vehicles themselves.

The game itself would be a vehicle action game I guess you'd call it, imagine a single player war thunder/world of tanks like thing where you play a variety of vehicles and missions. After the short single player game I'd work on a multiplayer co-op focused follow up.

I think the sweet spot is probably 100-150$ per sheet based on what I've seen, you can probably get fantastic sheets for much higher but I doubt you'd need that much detail a professional technical artist could provide (I've looked into Mecha design artists).

You might be able to find even more affordable options via reddit like /r/HungryArtists but you'd likely be inundated by people whose portfolios don't have what you're looking for and might spend more in the end commissioning cheaper options only to find the quality isn't what you're looking for.

You could start by searching on pinterest for sheets like what you've posted and tracking down the devient art or twitter accounts of the artists and DM'ing them if they do commissions.

CHUCK WAS TAKEN
Aug 1, 2004
this kid has heart
Hello,

I want to hire someone to make a 3000x3000px album cover with three fake tarot cards on it representing the following

1. emo
2. tik tok
3. drum and bass

name your price

e: think I got somebody

CHUCK WAS TAKEN fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jan 22, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

Raenir Salazar posted:

I think the sweet spot is probably 100-150$ per sheet based on what I've seen, you can probably get fantastic sheets for much higher but I doubt you'd need that much detail a professional technical artist could provide (I've looked into Mecha design artists).

You might be able to find even more affordable options via reddit like /r/HungryArtists but you'd likely be inundated by people whose portfolios don't have what you're looking for and might spend more in the end commissioning cheaper options only to find the quality isn't what you're looking for.

You could start by searching on pinterest for sheets like what you've posted and tracking down the devient art or twitter accounts of the artists and DM'ing them if they do commissions.

Thanks, ideally the designs would take some things into account to make them realistic when it comes to damage models, like driver is here, gunner here, ammo is stored here etc.
Going to probably save up money for a year and see where I'm at then.