Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Sup creative goons. Since it's mostly design-oriented, I thought my sa-mart post would fit in here (don't worry it's not a spec job):

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3617421

Pochoclo posted:

Hello mart goons. I'm doing a really small webapp thingy, half as hobby, half for work, but I suck at design. I need someone really good at designing usable UIs and at making them very pretty. Most of the app is already functional at idoli dot se - you can check it out there, but here's the list, keep in mind I'm not a usability expert and this is up for change, as long as everything goes by the project's keyword which is "minimalist as gently caress":

* Home
- Big search input
- Autocomplete (picture and name with partial bolding)

* Idol view
- The same search input from the home, somewhere, smaller
- Idol heading with picture, name, and share buttons
- (if logged in) Comment form (a textarea and send button)
- (if not logged in) Facebook Connect and Twitter Connect buttons
- Comments, with user picture, date (x minutes ago), then the text

* General
- I strived to make everything as real-time and small and fast as possible
- The principles of the whole thing are a mobile-first approach, superfast loading, real-time updating, stupidly simple interaction flow (caveman friendly)
- The only images should be user pictures, idol pictures, and maybe the logo (which I would also need to be designed)
- Design must be responsive with breakpoints at 320, 768, 1024+ (mobile, tablet, desktop)
- I'm not sure which price should be adequate for this work - I'm ready to spend 250-500 bucks, maybe up to 500-1000 if you have a really awesome portfolio. I need something that will look and feel amazing.
- I'm in Argentina. One time I had to make a 700 euro payment through Paypal and I had to do it in several daily 200 dollar payments and I'm still not sure why. If I have to, I'll go down to a Western Union, or see if I can wire it through bank, just keep in mind it's one of those things that comes with living here.
- I'm always reachable via this thread, PM, or hemeranyx9 at gmail dot com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU