Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

I do cover art for horror novels and such. You can buy ready-made covers here: https://ravenkult.bigcartel.com but I'm also available for commissions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Just the TIME it takes to do poo poo like that is enough to price it way higher than 100$ no matter how amateur you might be.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Sithsaber posted:

Lack of collective bargaining and simple supply and demand allows low wages. This is why Cracked works your rear end off and then pays you poo poo. Either you see this as exploitation or you see it as simple economic reality that builds up your personal portfolio. Take this in mind and cut Jay O a break.

I got this hole needs digging, it'd be perfect for an amateur hole digger like you! I can only pay 10 bucks though, but there might be more work in the future!

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Yeah the thing is if you can't afford to pay the basic rates for comic page work (and no, writing isn't easy but no one is knocking on your door offering to hire you) you might as well not even try because it will only end in tears. Even if you find some poor soul to agree to do it on the cheap, they will soon realize the massive judgment error they have made and disappear.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Video people! What would you charge to make a 1, 1.5 minute long video for a Kickstarter project? No footage, just fade in/out and pans over images and text (and syncing with narration).

To clarify, I'm not sure what I should be charging.