Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

greazeball posted:

It's me, I'm the (mouthpiece for the) idiotbitch client! We're a non-profit organisation of EFL teachers and we're in the process of a website re-design (totally separate project). But at the moment, our "logo" is just a text treatment and it's terrible, our colours are horrible, it's all hosed up and we need a logo and colour scheme right away. Unfortunately, the organisation is run by a committee of English teachers who meet monthly and get things done on a glacial time scale and know nothing about art anyway but I have this feeling that they'll all have very strong yet somehow unexpressable opinions on logos. :sigh:

Believe me, I know that spec work is bullshit but that's kind of the way the committee wants to go at the moment (with a contest). The upside of this is that it would be a take-it-or-leave-it deal for the committee so there wouldn't be this endless negotiation about line weight or whatever. The downside is spec work.

How should I manage this project? How should I budget for it? How can I get this done without being a dick to dozens of losing contest entrants and without killing our designer with change requests from 12 non-artistic people over 90 days?

Post it on a website that specializes in such design contests and don't waste any real designers time with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU