Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'
Awesome start for a project thread. I look forward to seeing lots of pictures, especially of the welding you do.

And poo poo that drive to get the Kaiser sounds harrowing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

Hah, that welder looks like it weighs a ton.

Did it come with consumables and everything you need too? Do you already know how to TIG or is this your first go?

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

I just liked your comment on the Roadkill Q&A post. It's pretty funny that I just happened to see it. Your idea was great too.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

15:41 is my favorite part. Also it's why I totally don't feel guilty about the fact that I pay someone else to deal with loving tires.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

Sorry to hear you're having problems with the Forester, and sorry if I'm being dense, but what is wrong? It seemed like the thread went from "I bought some new parts" to Ranger chat to you cursing Subaru.

I think your rage should serve as a reminder that no car maker is perfect. They've all done some great things and they've all done some horrible, horrible things. :)

:rolleyes:

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

Ahhhh, ok. I've always known bearings to be a bastard, rusted or not (although rust never helps anything). For me they're one of those things where I CAN do them, but I just hate it so much that I'd rather just pay someone to do it. :)

You probably already know, but in case you don't, that generation of Subaru had a cloth heated seat option, and if I remember correctly the harness and buttons are pretty short. It might be something to keep your eyes open for if you're a fan of toasty buns like I am.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

Wrar posted:

Put a 2.2 in and turbo it.

You beat me to this suggestion, though admittedly I'm not sure how much the Justy benefits from the lego like interchangeability of later Subarus

leica posted:

I didn't even know Subaru made them in a four (5) door. Learn something new everyday.

I was trying to figure out why it seemed so unusual and now that I think of it, I don't know that I've ever even see a picture of one with the extra doors.