Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Annalise

She takes a moment to scan the decks and make sure that there are no other Thralls - or worse - dragging themselves onto the decks. "Stay sharp! There might be more out there!" She hopes to Morrow there are not - with Scrive so battered, she doesn't think their chances are good against more Cryxian jacks. Once she's sure the deck is clear, she turns her attention to Jevkins, who has taken the worst of the injuries so far. "Stoyan, can you help him?"

The Gunslinger kept Montis alive, so hopefully he can ensure that the Gobber is alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003
Stoyan

Muttering curses under his breath Stoyan breaks into a sprint towards Jevkins. A slight grin breaks on his face as he beings applying pressure to the most grievous wounds, and telling Jevkins to do the same. "Anna, see if you can find some bandages. He's hurt, but not quite at deaths door just yet."

Int+Medicine = 4, couldn't find a TN for basic treatment and Jevkins wasn't disabled.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Annalise Ardenne

She slings her axe and moves to find something suitable to use. After a brief detour to scoop up her fallen crossbow - who knows if more creatures are going to appear and require shooting - she ducks into the wheelhouse. It's too much to hope that the boat would have ready medical supplies, but she does find some clean cloth, and slashes off some strips. Let the Captain complain about that, if he wants to.

She jogs back to Jevkins and Stoyan, handing off the improvised bandages. "He's alright? Morrow, I thought we had lost him when that Thrall came in swinging. Scrive looks..." Here she hesitates, because the 'jack is looking pretty rough "...operational. I don't think we lost any of the crew, either."

Gr3y
Jul 29, 2003
The Aftermath
Jevkins groans as Stoyan gets him to his feet. The gobber, already diminutive, looks much smaller, deflated. His clothes are tattered and covered with his own blood and the ichor from the thrall that died over him. He has deep gashes down the side of his head and across his chest but the look to be superficial.

He thanks you before limping over to Scrive.
Catastrophic Damage results:
Movement: Damaged Drive Shaft. -1SPD and DEF until repaired.
Right Arm: Weakness, --2 STR on all action with that arm.

Picking at the jack, he mutters to himself for a bit. "I wouldn't quite say operational, miss," he winces, only in part from his own wounds, "but I've fixed worse. Tough old bastard went toe to toe with a helljack and came out the winner. Ain't many riverrats that can say the same."

He eyes the smoking Levithan and squints,
Catastrophic Damage results:
Left Arm: Weakness, --2 STR on all action with that arm.
Movement: Chassis Destroyed, unrepairable.
Cortex: Unstable, may explode if allocated focus.
Right Arm: Damaged Weapon, --1 POW until repaired..

"If you think we have time before getting your friend back to Corvis and we have the tools..."

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Annalise Ardenne

She's very relieved to find Jevkins functional and the 'jack in recoverable condition. This caper has cost enough lives from the people who started it, without racking up a whole new list of those dragged down just by signing on a bad gig. Annalise continues to eye the rails as they take stock of the situation. "I think we have some time, aye. As for tools, anything we don't have lets speak to the Captain about - he owes Scrive as good a repair as we can manage, putting down that monster when naught of his own were for it." This incident should probably serve to convince the man that having a functional jack on hand is wise, too. "As for this..." She nods to the remains of the Leviathan "I'll leave it to your knowledge what do with it - salvage, burn it, scrap it, whatever. I don't know enough to say."

With a grimace at the mess on deck, she turns her attention to Stoyan, clapping a hand on his shoulder. "That was some fine shooting you delivered for us there, I know that thing would still be mulching crew without your lead. Your Morrow-sent, no doubt."

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003
Stoyan

Stoyan nods at Anna as he continues to check over Jevkins, making sure the poor gobber isn't going to bleed out anytime soon. When Anna compliments him he simply nods his head. "Shooting is one of my talents. I wish there was less call to use it, but sadly it seems that there are large number of beings about in need of new holes. " He goes about reloading for a second, filling up his ammo wheel and replacing it into his belt. "Nice work with the crossbow as well, there were far more Thralls than there were fighters here. We may need to find something that hits a bit harder when we next make port, though. My bullets barely dented that... thing."

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Annalise Ardenne

She can't argue with Stoyan's appraisal, they were lucky to bring down the warjack and are lacking on a serious wallop. She can't help but grimace when she thinks about why. "Used to have some a real heavy hitter on hand to make that difference; it's been rough going without him. We'll have to work something out." She can't be sure if they'll be able to recruit any additional members to this venture, but there are always other options. "Morrow help us, when this is done hopefully we'll have the funds to add some equipment." She eyeballs the damaged figure of Scrive idly, thinking of some of the heavily customized laborjacks she has seen appear in Mercenary lines over the years. "Who knows, maybe give our big lad some firepower...."

Gr3y
Jul 29, 2003
The trip back
After a few minutes, the boat clears the fog. The river remains unnaturally calm, but the big paddle behind you keeps everything moving. There a few other boats that also clear the fog, but you don't see anyone on the decks...
What do you do?

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Annalise Ardenne

Her first instinct is to call out to the other boats, but the lack of crew silences her. She gestures to the others and hisses a warning. "Hush!" Eyeing the other boats, she hunkers down by the railing and tries to spot any signs of attack or damage. If the other boats were similarly attacked, surely there would be some sign of the boarding or the destruction of the crew? Far better to assume the worst than hail off and bring down more attackers on them.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003
Stoyan

Stoyan looks to Anna, likewise hides himself amongst the boxes while scanning the other boats for signs of survivors. He looks towards the captain of this ship. "Should we continue on our own, or should we loot them? Likely good profit to be had from whatever is left on board, if there aren't any Cryxians, or worse, crewing them.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Annalise Ardenne

She continues to eye the other boats, looking for signs of life aboard. If they aren't crewed no doubt they'll start drifting soon enough. If they are crewed, well, then the question is by who - or what. At Stoyan's suggestion she pulls her eyes from the boats to look over to her comrade and the Captain. "It might make sense to find out what's happened to other boats, so we know what to expect down-river. But I'm not keen on drawing too much attention. Can we get closer to any of these quietly Using... currents or whatnot, 'stead of the paddle?" Anna is a little foggy on this whole boat-operation thing.

Gr3y
Jul 29, 2003
Drifting
"Aye," the captain grunts as he mans the wheel. Slowly your boat drifts closer and closer to one of the others...
We have a new person who wants to join, I'll post a new OCC thread tomorrow night. In the meantime, what do you see on the deck of the boat you are approaching?

Gr3y
Jul 29, 2003
Re-recruit thread with the wrong icon is up.
You've earned 1 xp for that fight which should put you at 7xp total.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Annalise Ardenne

She nods her thanks to the Captain, wanting to keep the level of noise down on the deck - there isn't anything coming from the others, and they don't want to stand out. As their boat coasts slowly closer to the other craft, she can't help but wonder if their situation is mirrored - a group of scared and twitchy people crouched on the deck, hoping they aren't about to be beset by horrors. It's nice to think that she might get herself shot by regular people as well as skewered by Cryxian nightmares.

Peering over the rail, she can finally get a glimpse of the other boat's deck. Nothing looks terribly out of place for a moment; just a stack of shipping crates piled across the foredeck. They must have been escaping the city with all they could carry. But then she takes a second look - the sides and edges of a number of crates are torn and splintered, far worse than reckless loading or carriage would account for. And behind them, nearly out of sight, what she had taken for a heap of fabric looks awfully like a fallen figure...

Hooray re-recruit! As an OOC aside, I had a quick question about Feat points. We're supposed to be picking these up whenever we kill/incapacitate a foe or crit a skillcheck/attack, but I haven't really been doing the latter. I am not even sure it's happened yet, but could you make a note when a crit rolls up so it's easier to pick out in the rolls?

Gr3y
Jul 29, 2003
Sure thing. I'll start breaking out the dice rolls, die by die.

Gr3y
Jul 29, 2003
Drifting

Another ship emerges from the fog, this one aglow with fires along one side of the deck...

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Annalise Ardenne

She stifles a curse as the second ship heaves into sight, lighting up the water with its flames. The first one might have had some other explanations, but the chances of a boat bursting itself into flames without an attack had to be pretty low. At least without the boiler just going up and taking the whole thing to pieces. She looks back toward Stoyan and the Captain, nodding toward the ships "Looks like we're not the only ones with trouble. Can't see any fighting for the moment - can we heave in closer to get on board?" She's not sure they want to get too close to the fireship, but she'd like to see if they can work out what happened, at least...

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003
Stoyan

Stoyan maintains a grimace as the new ship approaches. "That fire may mean survivors - and if not, at least they went out fighting. We should at least get close enough to check for anyone still breathing on the wreck."

Gr3y
Jul 29, 2003
Barry is on the flaming ship, who wants to initiate contact here?

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003
Stoyan

Dimly, through the haze of smoke and fire, Stoyan sees someone moving on the other boat. He hesitates at first, thinking that it could be more Cryxians... but then again, they may be alive, and may need help. He unslings his gun and steps up to the rail, then lets out a great shout "Hello there! Need help friends?"

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Barry

"...and FIRST of all, that's 'SIR drat Crazy Maniac'. And second, I don't here you thanking me. You got pumps on this ship, use them. You do not, on the other hand, have devices to put your innards back inside after something's claws yank them out! And hell no I'm not pay-" there's a pause as Stoyan cries out and a figured leans over one of the less flamey sides of the ship. He removes his gasmask and kills the pilot light on the flame thrower. "Hello! Yeah, nah, crew has this locked down, uh. I may need to seek alternate arrangements for travel. What's your status?"

pre:

Race: Caspian Human
Archetype: Gifted
Careers: Aristocrat/Arcane Mechanic
XP: 7

Height / Weight:  6’0”, 180 lbs

Life spiral:
  PHY       AGI       INT 
 [ ] [ ]               [ ]
   [ ]       [ ]       [ ]  
   [ ]       [ ]       [ ]    
   [ ]       [ ]       [ ]    

Current Feat Points: 3/3

Stats: 
Physique [SPD/STR]: 5 [6/6]
Agility [PRW/POI]: 3 [4/5]
Intellect [ARC/PER]: 5 [3/3]
Willpower (PHY + INT): 10

Spells: Arcantrik Bolt and Polarity Shield

Weapons: 
Flamethrower:
Ammo: 10,
 Range: SP8
 Light Artillery
Attack Modifier: 0
POW: 12
Special Rules: A character armed with this weapon suffers
–1 SPD and DEF

Military Rifle:
Ammo: 1 (heavy round)
Effective Range: 60 feet (10˝)
Extreme Range: 300 feet
Skill: Rifle
Attack Modifier: 0
POW: 11

DEF: 10 (SPD 6 + AGI 3 + PER 3 – 1 Armor)
(8 With flamethrower)
ARM: 10, Immunity:Fire (PHY 5 + Armor)
INITIATIVE: 12 (SPD 6 + AGI 3 + PER 3)
COMMAND RANGE: 6" (INT 5 + Command 1)

Skills:

Military:
Rifle (POI) 2
Hand Weapon (PRW) 1
Light Artillery (POI) 1

Occupational:
Command (Social) 1
Etiquette (Social) 1
Craft (Int)
  -Metal 1
  -Gunsmithing 1
Intimidation (social) 1
MeckEng (Int) 3
Medicine (INT) 1
Negotiation (Social) 1

Benefits & Abilities:
Good Breeding
Privilege
Inscribe Formula
Connections (nobility)
Languages;
 -Cygnar
 -Ordic
 -Rhulic

Gold: 2/250gc
Gear:
Flamethrower 50gc
-Tank of fuel 30gc
Gunsmith kit 20
meck tool kit 100
Military Rifle 45
-10 rounds (5x2 w/gunsmith kit) 3gc

Worn Armor:
Bostick MkII Furnace Suit
-Base: Armored Greatcoat 250gp
-Runeplate 10gp
-Clockwork powered 80gp
-Halo of Fire (2rune points) 300gp
---(While the armor or shield has power, the character
carrying the shield or wearing the armor gains Immunity: Fire.
While the runeplate is active, the character can make a quick
action to unleash a burning fild around himself. For one
round, any character hitting him with a melee attack suffers
the Fire continuous effect. )

Advances: 
Charter skill: Medicine 1
Free human advance on Int
Two starting advances on Str, one on Intellect
2xp:+1 Meck Eng and Negotiation
4xp:+1 Light Artillery
6xp:+1 Poise advance
8xp:+1 Meck eng+Intimidation

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Jun 1, 2015

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003
Stoyan

"Our status?" Stoyan looks around at the boat, thinking for a proper term or set of terms to get his idea across. "Not on fire, for one thing. Also living, which seems to beat most of the other boats coming out of the fog bank."

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Annalise Ardenne

She eyes the fireship as the two craft slowly drift closer, considering the flames licking along the deck. They look fairly normal, as burning goes. She has heard that Cryxian fires burn with a strange, unnatural light and heat, and certainly the boilers of the helljacks they've faced had a sickly green glow. Which raises all sorts of questions about who set fire to the other ship... She straightens up from the railing, as no one is shooting right off, but keeps her crossbow at hand. "Repelled some cryxian boarders" She calls across the gap. "Your boat had the same?"

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Barry

"Yeah, a few, some augment corpses and this twisted little guy, looked arcane. Even Cryx don't like it much when burning goo is adhered to their skin." He looks around as the flames move to the rigging. "drat. Uh, I may have spoke too soon, um, permission to come aboard? I think we're gonna have to abandon this soon."

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Annalise Ardenne

She hesitates as the blaze spreads across the other ship. It seems all to easy for the fire to leap to their own craft if they pull in closer. She's not sure if there is some sort of law of the river that requires rescuing fellow travelers, but even if there isn't she is loathe to leave anyone the choice between a burning deck and possibly Cryx-infested waters. If it goes wrong hopefully they'll have the time and manpower to beat back the flames. She cups a hand around her mouth to call over to the other ship "Alright, haul in and cross as quick as you can. Don't dawdle!"

Annalise looks to the crew, half expecting the Captain to protest this and hoping they won't have to have that dispute. "Stand ready to push off as soon as the survivors are on board - everyone else, stand ready with buckets to put out any cinders or sparks. Once we're clear of the fireship, let's swing over to the other boat and see if there are any others there. The more hands we have the better, I think."

Gr3y
Jul 29, 2003
Drifting

The captain grumbles but in a matter of moments he's brought his vessel close enough to the flaming hulk of junk to extend a gangplank. "Move fast," he barks, "Yez got until the gang plank burns down or we start a smouldering before we shove off!"

The crew of the burning boat don't need any further coaxing. They move as orderly as you can hope for people running from a flaming death trap grabbing whatever was at hand. As the last clears the plank the boat is poled away for the fire to run its course.

"Any other little errands for us lassie?" the captain snaps at Annalise.

Barry has time to grab something useful that was near him on the deck, what was it?

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Boomer

Barry doesn't need more encouraging, stopping only to run inside the captain's cabin and return holding a chest under one arm. He steps aside and nods to the folks on the new ship, trying to ignore the glowering from the crew of the original one. "Barroyl Bostick-VonThurboot. Outside of fancy-pants places, everyone just calls me Boomer." As the ship pulls away from the burning hulk, the fire finally reaches the powder and the whole thing goes up with an explosion. "I do mechanika for a living. How about yourselves?" He gestures to the box under one hand. "I can also patch folks up, if you got any that got a little too close to the Cryxians.

Taking the ship's medicine chest. Going to perform triage on any wounded survivors of either crew/PCs if needed.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Jan 20, 2015

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Annalise Ardenne

She can only hope that the exploding fireship will help keep attention off their own vessel. Tamping down her natural reaction to the smoldering embers and heavy smoke - plenty of bad memories there - she steels herself to handle the captain. "This lass has kept your deck free and clear, Captain. If the Cryx make a second showing we'll need all hands. Or you'd rather leave your fellow men to the mercy of the dead?" She nods toward the other floating ship, the first they'd seen "Don't worry, I'll only ask you to pull near enough for us to hail that one."

Then Annalise turns to look over the new arrivals, particularly the mouthy one with the distinctive equipment. Her hair is pulled back to keep it out of her eyes, and the flickering glow of the burning ship serves to throw her scars into sharp relief, one side of her face pitted and marred. Given his handiwork, Boomer may recognize the healed burns extending down her jaw into her high collar, and this might explain the particularly probing look she gives him. "Boomer, eh? I'm Captain Ardenne of the Irregulars, who you can see on deck." She nods to Stoyan, a wounded Gobber, and a 'jack that has seen better days, before smiling wryly. "Given our reduced state, you can call me Annalise. Welcome aboard."

Gr3y
Jul 29, 2003
Drifting

The riverboat glides slowly towards the other ship, which still doesn't show any signs of life, or unlife for that matter.

"We're close enough for a gang plank las- ma'am," the Captain says in a hushed voice, "ye goin' aboard or leaving it be?"

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Annalise Ardenne

Well, they've come this far, it would be a shame to coast on by. She motions to Stoyan with her free hand "Come on, let's check this out." She flashes a look to Boomer, still uncertain of the man. "You can stay or go, but if there are more Cryx on that boat we could use the backup."

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED
Domhnall

The trollblood sits in the brig, bound, gagged, and furious. The sounds of battle raging outside have finally gone quiet, and since some horrible monster hasn't come back down to prod at him, he's got an inkling that maybe the raiders finally bit off more than they could chew. He rubs the gag against the bars again, trying to pry the drat thing off. If he can speak, he can blast his way out and yell for help. Damned Cryx were smarter than they looked - and that 'jack sure packed a punch for looking so spindly. He hears the sounds of another hull floating nearby, and hopes they don't just burn the ship down and be done with it.

pre:

Domhnall 
Race: Trollkin
Archetype: Skilled
Careers: Alchemist/Fell Caller
Player Name: Daeren
XP: 7

Height / Weight:  6’10”, 290 lbs

Life spiral:
  PHY       AGI       INT 
 [ ] [ ]               [ ]
   [ ]       [ ]       [ ]  
   [ ]       [ ]       [ ]    
   [ ]       [ ]       [ ]    

Current Feat Points: 3/3

Stats: 
Physique [SPD/STR]: 6 [5/5]
Agility [PRW/POI]: 3 [4/4]
Intellect [ARC/PER]: 4 [x/3]
Willpower (PHY + INT): 9

Weapons: 
Great sword (+0 mod, POW 6, Reach)
Fell Call: Sonic Blast (POI+Fell Calling, RNG SP 8 POW 12)

DEF: 10 (SPD 5 + AGI 3 + PER 3 – 1 Alchemist’s Leather)
ARM: 11, 14 vs fire/cold/corrosion/blast (PHY 6 + Alchemist’s leather)
INITIATIVE: 12 (SPD 5 + AGI 4 + PER 3)
COMMAND RANGE: 6" (INT 4 + Command 2)

Skills:

Military:
Great Weapon (PRW) 1
Hand Weapon (PRW) 1
Thrown Weapon (PRW) 1

Occupational:
Alchemy (INT) 2
Command (Social) 2
Fell Calling (POI) 2
Lore (Trollkin) (INT) 1
Medicine (INT) 1
Oratory (Social) 1

Benefits & Abilities:
Brew Master: May reroll failed Alchemy rolls, once each.
Cagey: When knocked down, may move 2” without triggering free strikes. When knocked down, does not have a penalty to DEF, 
is not automatically hit, and can stand without forfeiting his action or movement.
Fell Call: Signal Call: May take a quick action to yell loud enough to be heard from up to [Fell Calling] miles away.
Fell Call: Sonic Blast: Once per turn, instead of attacking, may roll POI+Fell Calling to make a RNG SP 8 POW 12 ranged attack.
Grenadier: One free quick action per turn to pull the pin on a grenade.
Poison Resistance: Boosted rolls to resist poison and toxin.
Revitalize: Spend one feat point to recovery PHY vitality.
Skilled: Two attacks instead of one when attacking
Tough: When disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, heal one vitality point, recover from disabled, and get knocked down.

Gold: 0gc
Gear:
Great sword
Alchemist’s leathers
Gas mask
Traveling alchemist’s kit
Grenadier’s bandolier (1 Ashes of Urcaen, 1 Cinder Bomb, 1 Fear Gas, 1 Knockout Bomb, 1 Acid Bomb)
Grenadier’s bandolier (5 explosive grenades)

Worn Armor:
Alchemist’s leathers (-1 Def, +5 ARM, +3 additional ARM vs cold, corrosion, fire, and blast)

Connections:

Spoken Languages: Molgur-Trul, Cygnaran

Advances: 
Two starting advances on Poise, one on Intellect
+1 Alchemy and Command
Brew Master

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003
Stoyan

Stoyan finishes reloading his gun and spare wheel as he crosses the plank. "If there's another Cryxian monstrosity aboard we may be in real trouble." He calmly walks to the towards the center of the deck, until he becomes satisfied with his ability to see anything that might charge out at him, then he yells "Hello! Anyone aboard?"

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED
Domhnall

Oh, thank Dhunia, a voice that doesn't sound like it's being piped through a bone puzzlebox. It could be a Menite zealot for all Domnhall cares, and that'd still be a welcome development. He bangs himself on the walls and bars of the brig, grunting through the gag and trying to raise as much noise as possible.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Annalise Ardenne

She grunts in response to Stoyan's observation. He's not wrong, although at least this time the thing won't be on their ship. Although given that the helljacks can pull themselves right up out of the water, that's a small comfort. As she crosses to the other boat, she shoulders her bow, ready to fire on whatever shows it's ugly face. Long moments of silence follow Stoyan's shout, before a dull thudding can be heard from deeper within the ship. Annalise frowns, listening closely. It doesn't seem to be getting closer, but it's hardly the cheer of Morrowan sailors she would have liked. Reluctantly, she motions to the cabin door. "Let's check it out." And because you can hardly ask people to do what you won't, she moves forward to pull the door open, trusting Stoyan to cover her.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003
Stoyan

Stoyan nods as Anna opens the door, and quickly follows her in, keeping the outside covered as she enters then following her quickly through the door and watching her back.

Gr3y
Jul 29, 2003
Drifting
Cryx ain't big on light, which makes sense seeing as after a while their eyes tend to rot away. The belly of this river barge has been converted into something between a prison and an operating theater. A few tables with the remains of... things are in the center, with a couple of smokey torches for light, in the corner something big is banging and grunting in one of the cells. It's too big to be human, and it sure seem unhappy to be there.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003
Stoyan

Stoyan grabs one of the torches, and wonders what was so terrifying even the Cryxians left it behind. In the back of his mind thoughts begin to nag - what was this ship doing out her, what were they cutting up, and why? But he brushes those aside. It seems hardly to matter now as he brings a torch around to the cage.

"Anna, looks like a... troll? All the way out here?"

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED
Domhnall

"MRGBLGHL!" he grunts against the gag. He tries his best to look indignant rather than generally murderous towards all nearby things.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Annalise Ardenne

She sweeps the shadows of the hold as they advance on the cage, expecting some Cryxian horror to come scuttling from the dark. This looked like a Cryxian ship, not some poor trader they had ransacked moments ago. Perhaps even the boat their attackers had come from? If so, perhaps they spent their full strength. A comforting thought. As Stoyan brandishes the torch, she cautiously leans in to peer at the Troll. She had gained a lot of respect for the race, more than many held, but she was smart enough to be wary. This one didn't look feral though, he had plenty of trappings of civilization about him, and he wasn't raging either. A prisoner? She frowns. "Llaelese aren't so keen on Trolls, but he could be a trader for a Cygnarian Kriel - or even just a merc like us, washed up in the wrong spot. Who knows how far the Cryx brought him, either...."

Annalise squints at the Troll for a moment before speaking to him directly. "Not sure who you are, but I'm guessin' you hate Cryx as much as anyone. We'll get you out of here and we'll all be nice and civil, at least until we're through this mess. Right?" Unless the Troll reacts violently, she'll reach through the bars to pull the gag free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003
Stoyan

While Anna talks to the troll, Stoyan sweeps the light over the rest of the room. This place didn't sit well with him, and his uneasiness grew as he examined the... corpses? on the table.

• Locked thread