Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
The BVS mailbag is one of my favorites, 'They're called Parademons" "Read a drat comic book"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

well why not posted:

I'd also like to recommend the Matrix Revolutions episode as well as the mailbags - particularly those recorded straight after a controversial film, like BvS.

Matrix Revolutions is an amazing episode, for the Agent Smith stuff alone.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvXBmuVziDE

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Only recently discovered We Hate Movies and now having a great time just listening to random episodes. My first episode was The Butterfly Effect which made me laugh till I was in pain.

That was one of my first episodes, too. Fantastic. I saw them in Portland a few weeks ago. My girlfriend didn't understand why anyone would want to sit in and listen to some guys talk about a lovely movie. "They're just having a conversation you're not part of."

Oh well! Saw MST3K live last weekend without her.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

credburn posted:

That was one of my first episodes, too. Fantastic. I saw them in Portland a few weeks ago. My girlfriend didn't understand why anyone would want to sit in and listen to some guys talk about a lovely movie. "They're just having a conversation you're not part of."

That's a pretty perfect description of podcasts.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

credburn posted:

Just making sure you know: women who like this stuff do exist.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

credburn posted:

I'm not going to say sever, but uh...

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

credburn posted:

A couple of friends and I went to that show and my girlfriend who had never heard a single minute thought they were hilarious. I think it helped that we watched Over the Top a week beforehand so we were already talking about our favorite moments on the drive over. Also a couple of those $4 tall boys did wonders!

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Very nice.

Borat, right?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

HoAssHo posted:

Just making sure you know: women who like this stuff do exist.

Gosh, I didn't mean to portray my girlfriend as a stuffy No-Fun Francine. She just doesn't care for talky podcasts. She digs Mystery Science Theatre and the such, just not guys talking about it after the movie's already over.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

credburn posted:

Gosh, I didn't mean to portray my girlfriend as a stuffy No-Fun Francine. She just doesn't care for talky podcasts. She digs Mystery Science Theatre and the such, just not guys talking about it after the movie's already over.

You should try one of their commentaries, maybe they'll get her hooked

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

The highlander 2 episode is a desert island ep for me. Any time they do Sean Connery or Christopher lambert I think it's hysterical. Mortal Kombat was great too.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Arson Daily posted:

The highlander 2 episode is a desert island ep for me. Any time they do Sean Connery or Christopher lambert I think it's hysterical. Mortal Kombat was great too.

Mortal Kombat loving ruined me. Every time I picture all the crew wearing football pads because Christopher Lambert is half-blind and keeps hitting them, I crack the gently caress up.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

New WHM mailbag:

Jim Belushi is in loving TWIN PEAKS!?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Rodyle posted:

New WHM mailbag:

Jim Belushi is in loving TWIN PEAKS!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjmRMvNfjGA

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This guy wants to gently caress my dog!

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The almost return to one of my favorite old bits, Neo’s answering machine, in the NoES episode was hilarious. Also the nonstop Freddy impressions.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going to get Osmosis Jones on this show one LRM I swear

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

The murder at 1600 ep was great. The thought of having ED-209 following me around like a little puppy is hysterical.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Broke down and went all in on the 8 dollar patreon. Love the Nexus eps and welcomed the highlander animation damnation episode. Now whenever I see the name "Ramirez" I have to roll the r and end with "sh". Try it its fun!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I couldn't listen to the F8 episode.

they just don't understand

it's not about cars

it's about family

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

YEah. I've only seen Fast and Furious 6, but From what they are describing this movie is no more stupid than that one.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

I have loved the FF franchise since F5 (though F4 was pretty good too), but I will say that F8 was where the magic kind of stopped working for me. I think it was the whole, "Maybe Dom is evil now?" plot that obviously wasn't true, so you're just waiting for the other characters to figure it out. Maybe it was taking the villain from the last movie and just making him good for contrived reasons, where at the end of the movie everyone just kind of forgets that he killed one of their crew. Maybe I'm just getting burned out, and while I found jumping cars from one building to the other fun, punching a torpedo just has me saying, "Meh." I don't know, I found the movie kind of more dull than the previous several. Scott Eastwood certainly didn't help. (That being said, I loved the scene with Statham on the plane fighting to free the kid, even if the reasoning that put him there made no sense.)

Though I'll say their complaint about not understanding it, having not seen the last several, is dumb. They say they want it to be more like Bond, and be more standalone. But that's just not what these movies are. 5-8 are telling one continual story (and I believe have had the same writer). Yeah, it would be confusing to not know who the hell any of these guys are, and what their relationships are with each other. That's because it's a sequel.

Yes, this movie is drastically different than FF1. But FF1 was not a good movie, so they changed things up several movies ago.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

davidHalestorm posted:

The BVS mailbag is one of my favorites, 'They're called Parademons" "Read a drat comic book"

It's so great. That guy is so indignant. I love it.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Does anybody remember which WHM episode has Jupin wondering what kind of loving maniac puts ketchup on a hot dog? It's been driving me up the wall. Oh duh, it's The Happening, the movie with the hot dog man.

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Feb 1, 2018

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I wasn't sure about that Geostorm episode but then the Eastwood stuff started.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Plus a raiden cameo!

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Just caught up on the last four or five HDTGM episodes. On the one hand, Tig Notaro and Stephanie Allyne were absolutely terrible guests. If I had gotten a ticket to that show, I would have been pissed.

On the other hand, Jessica St. Clair is great, both on her own and as the perfect substitute for June.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

The “you’ve got mail” episode description called it a techno thriller which is making me wish I could find a re-edit of the trailer that makes it seem way darker and more sinister.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Arson Daily posted:

The “you’ve got mail” episode description called it a techno thriller which is making me wish I could find a re-edit of the trailer that makes it seem way darker and more sinister.

There are, like, 5 of these at least on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkp-Ik97dz0

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

oh excellent!

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

I can't do it anymore. HDTGM was my introduction to podcasts, actually, and it had some good episodes here and there. Paul Sheer is a pretty funny comedian when he's doing his stuff that he's worked on, and it's rehearsed, and he's coordinated, but he has to be the worst improviser there ever was. A comedian should not be making "Uh...guh...geh..." sounds while he desperately tries to think of a witty response. I mean, this isn't an improv podcast, but it feels like everyone around him can just throw in jokes so naturally and he struggles SO GODDAMN AUDIBLY HARD to keep up and fails so badly.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Are they still doing the June Is Dumb schtick?

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

TetsuoTW posted:

Are they still doing the June Is Dumb schtick?

Largely replaced with the June isn't here schtick.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

theironjef posted:

Largely replaced with the June isn't here schtick.

Which itself contains the June is dumb schtick, just pre-recorded

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

She's back in the most recent one and I feel like she was a lot more on the ball and energetic than she's been in a long time.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Being a mom, working, and having to deal with Jason Mantzoukas can take a lot out of you. She needed that time off to recharge.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Chairman Capone posted:

She's back in the most recent one and I feel like she was a lot more on the ball and energetic than she's been in a long time.

Ooh, did we get any of the usual June stuff, like being weirdly insistent that the people in the movie looked good, or clearly only remembering the last 10 minutes of the film so that's all she wants to talk about?

The Duke
May 19, 2004

“Getting pushed around in a wheelchair, getting hosed by a weirdo!”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I still love The Flop House, do posters here still listen to it?

HDTGM kind of soured me when they put the old episodes behind a paywall, it was already annoying to listen to before that but jeez.