Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Dr. Lariat posted:

I hope someday WHM and other podcasts figure out that you can patch in a recording device between the mic's and the PA. Scream 3 episode isn't awful but I tried at least 3 times to get through the cliffhanger episode. Mic-ing the room doesn't produce good results.

Their Sylvester Stallone impressions are magical (the bit in Rocky 4 where they mimicked what would happen in Apollo Creed's funeral had me in goddamn stitches), but it's a drat shame they're marred by the awful audio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

OldTennisCourt posted:

HEY ROCK CAN LEAPY COME TO THE FUNERAL?

YEAH JUS' PUT HIM IN YOUR FRONT POCKET BUDDY, DON'T LET HIM HOP INTO THE GRAVE.

PAULY I TOLD YOU, YOU GOTTA KEEP YOUR FROG AWAY FROM THIS FUNERAL.

NO DON'T GET YOUR SHOES ALL WET, THEY'RE NEW! PAULY COME BACK! I AIN'T PAYING FOR NO NEW SHOES.

People kept giving me weird stares at the gym.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
What's the WHM episode from where "as soon as sandwichly possible" comes from? The context is some policemen ignoring a phone call, and I know it gets a callback on Walking Tall, but I'm still drawing a blank.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

OldTennisCourt posted:

Honestly any Belushi episode is a great starting point. I'd actually argue that Taking Care of Business is the best starter episode.

CANNON BALLLLLLLLLLL

I disagree, as Taking Care of Business is the culmination of so many Jim Belushi impressions and running gags.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Star Wars Episode 1 is also a great starting point, because EVERYONE has seen that movie and they're merciless towards it. I could barely contain myself when they start trying to remember Watto's name, and when they do Obi Wan explaining to Anakin that the cycle of abuse has ended.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

OldTennisCourt posted:

Yeah, I don't get that issue at all. They seem like pretty obvious best buds.

Seriously. Andrew is always laughing at Eric's jokes. All four of them are pretty obviously good buds.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I wish WHM was just Andrew, Steve, and Eric every week. I'm not crazy about Chris.

The guy is very on-point and succinct, but Christ he's not half as funny as Eric or Steve, who are amazing in any episode they show up in.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Drunkboxer posted:

Now if you wanted me to identify them based on their pictures that's a different thing. They're all chubby white dudes. I agree with the sentiments expressed in this thread in that I prefer it when Chris isn't on, but I kinda feel bad about saying that because it's not like he's bad or anything, I just prefer the other two guys. On the plus side, he does seem to know more about movies than the anyone else on the podcast.

Steve looks exactly like how he sounds and how he describes himself (a nerd comic book former fat kid now fat adult), it really is uncanny.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I enjoy WHM because apart from the incredible chemistry all of them exhibit and Szyska's impeccable timing, they all have the decency of either muting their mics or turning around when they laugh.

I tried listening to How Did This Get Made but couldn't make it past one episode because one of the dudes has the most incredibly obnoxious, screechy, annoying laughters ever and I can't deal with it.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

During the Summer they always do big budget summer movies. Mortal Kombat is one and its not what you would call a good movie.

Mortal Kombat is the best video game movie adaptation of all time. But yeah as a movie standing on its own merits it's not very good.

thrawn527 posted:

See that's funny, I actually thought their Mystery Men episode was one of the funniest episodes they've done in months. Then again, while I love all 4 of them, Eric is actually my least favorite.

Eric is the goddamn best and I will cut you.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Al! posted:

whenever whm does an impression it's always an impression of an impression whether it's james adomian's jesse ventura or norm's burt reynolds or pretty much every comedian's wilford brimley

yet somehow i love them for it

This is why Eric is the best guy with impressions. He's not very good at them, but he's just so earnest and his timing is so impeccable it's just perfect.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
FIRST I WANTED TO KILL THEM NOW I HAVE TO PROTECT THEM
Funniest goddamn tangent they've gone off to.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Where does the whm "you stole mah story" running gag come from? And Szyzka's "thiiinnerr"?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Holy cow is the new whm almost as long as Star Wars

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Flython posted:

Listening to some of the more recent WHM episodes and whoever was praising Erik is totally right.

A small question though, what is the Tommy Lee Jones "Jack, Jack, Jack, Jack..." bit a reference to?

Volcano, his character taking a jackhammer and purposefully jackhammering a tunnel to safety.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I haven't listened to the new whm but it is a drat shame Eric is not in it sine he does the best "you stole mah story"

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Meme Emulator posted:

I sorta like WHM but they can be so goddamned long winded and they are not afraid to run jokes into the ground. Those jokers need to get an editor who can keep them on a short leash and turn an awful 70 minute podcast into a great 40 minute podcast.

I noticed it's mostly Andrew. Someone will make a joke or an impression and Andrew will just repeat it while adding an obvious comment or something.
Guy's got the energy needed to keep the episodes going but he does need to tone that stuff down.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Did anything come out of their heman shera Christmas special contest?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

A Meat posted:

There was an episode of WHM I had real trouble listening to because they kept saying capoeira wrong, don't remember which one it was.

"capoeida", yeah, I don't think that's how it's pronounced in Portuguese either.

Side note: Steve going "ewwww" will never not be funny.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think the Max Frost impersonation might be funnier than the Jesse Ventura impersonation.

Nothing beats their Tom Berengen
OH my god I'm gonna kill him oh my god I'm gonna kill him I already know what he looks like with his throat pulled out oh my god I'm gonna kill him

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Will Steve owe everybody a dollar?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Evil Mastermind posted:

You know, I just realized something...

WHM has done three "family infiltrator" movies: The Good Son, Poison Ivy, and Hand That Rocks The Cradle. And all three of them end right after the main villain dies, and in every case the villain dies via falling.

I get why the movies end how they do (because trying to figure out why the whole family isn't going to jail for murder or just figuring out how they're going to deal with everything they went through is hard), but why do they all die because of gravity?

I haven't listened to the Hider in the House episode yet, though. Does it fit the pattern?

fake edit: Oh poo poo, you get all four villains from those movies together, you've got the ultimate evil family!

Gravity is the ultimate equalizer; nobody is guilty or impure for not preventing someone from cracking their heads open on jagged rocks at the end of a cliff. It's why a lot of Disney villains die like that (yeah there are exceptions of course but a bunch of Disney villains die from heights)

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Cabin's gig is giving legit good criticism and insight into their movies, and while he isn't as funny as the other guys, his participation is still very much valuable.

Besides, his Nick Nolte impression in Hotdog was the best part of that episode

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Godzilla is my go-to episode when I want some classic whm.
For the more recent ones, The Substitute is fantastic over the amount of poo poo Eric and Steve give each other about knowing who Rain was.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Holy poo poo go to the whm facebook page or their spreadshirt store and marvel at the wonder of Eric Movie

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
They can spring for a lovely handheld voice recorder from radioshack and it would sound better than their regular live episodes recording

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Steven's Bridges impression was just straight up Cosby.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

bobservo posted:

I actually started picturing Cosby in my head during their impressions and it somehow made everything funnier.

Him then admitting that he sounded like Cosby made me drop the weights I was lifting and trying to control myself from bursting in laughter

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Beeez posted:

We get it, YOU LIFT WEIGHTS! We can't all be muscleheads like you!

You can be, bro. You can be.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

OldTennisCourt posted:

The best Steve moment will always be him yelling at the old couple at the movie theater.

"He....he just told me to go gently caress myself!"

"TRY IT OLD MAN"

That was Eric threatening to break the old man's hip, not Steve.
Steve is the one with the old woman who ate a fish while watching mystery men.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I wish people would stop being coy and post what drat movie they're doing

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
The horse retirin' to the bottom of Brimley's pot is the funniest tangent they've had.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

The Unnamed One posted:

I think it was in the Ms. Doubtfire episode, where Steve was incredulous that a movie where Robin Williams crossdressing as an old lady could be longer than Star Wars.

Because Star Wars managed to establish a literal universe, religion, and flesh out some 9 characters in a little over two hours while Mrs. Doubtfire takes longer to set up a lovely movie's premise

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Tatum Girlparts posted:

"This is one of the most heartbreaking things in my life, and I actually have zero grandparents right now"

can't wait for summer.

Without listening to the preview, I will bet you cash money this was said by Steve

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I can't believe Chris Cabin died in Africa.

RIPD Chris Cabin, succumbed to the temptation of the doritachip

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Brocktoon posted:

I was just about to post this. What episode did it originate from?

Winter's Tale, I think.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Heteroy posted:

I hope the Draftkings checks cleared. There's a company that isn't going to do a lot more podcast ad buys.

Elucidate

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
It's the slobbery way they say TITS and MARTIN, CINEMAX... THE THIIIRRRD

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

davidHalestorm posted:

Hey, which WHM episode was it where the gang briefly discussed the She's All That episode and how uncomfortable they are with all the do not worry about Paul Walker jokes now? I want to listen to that one again for some reason.

I think Entourage where Andrew's about to say do not worry about Mark Wahlberg but Steve cuts him off before the WHM curse takes place and then at the end Eric says a very pointed do not worry about Carson Daly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Clickety clack